Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Flight Stabilization

Flight Stabilization Flight Stabilization

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2012, 02:59 PM   #341 (permalink)
Registered Users

So to make sure it s not a problem to set my elevator and aleron ptich to 5 deg. with flymentor, it will not have any effect on how FM works ? I probly should worded my question this way the firs time. Dan

Edit Using the swash menu in FM
Dwarren is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-17-2012, 03:45 PM   #342 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwarren View Post
So to make sure it s not a problem to set my elevator and aleron ptich to 5 deg. with flymentor, it will not have any effect on how FM works ? I probly should worded my question this way the firs time. Dan

Edit Using the swash menu in FM
Dont know of anybody that has set it that low, I would think that it would slow down recovery time, 7 degrees is normal.
If you are trying to tame the heli that is better done useing expo and duel rates in the TX. That way the auto functions of FM are not effected.
Ivor Hill is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2012, 04:09 PM   #343 (permalink)
Registered Users

no I was gona set it at 5 as most seem to recomend 5 - 6 deg. on FM less 450's so I will set it at 7 deg. then. I wasn't sure if I should change it or just leave it set at 100 in swash mix. ok then I will set it at 7 deg. thanks Dan
Dwarren is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2012, 06:10 PM   #344 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Again Rudder Servo issue...

Dear Ivor...

As our discussion about the issue of the rudder servo and it's Compatibility with the F.M. ( the Align servo ) ...
as i searched i found this clip done by finles but when i tried it i found out that the subtrim is not doing anything so i had to deal with it with trims so would you see the clip and tell me what do u think about it and tell me whats the Equivalent to subtrim on the F.M. programing box. as i cant find it....
http://video.helifreak.com/?subpath=...=tail_gyro.wmv
well hope it's helpfull for anyone who got this issue...... and hope that anyone can tell me how can i deal with it...
Old 05-21-2012, 06:39 PM   #345 (permalink)
Registered Users

That would be tail neutral under the servo tab.
Old 05-21-2012, 06:50 PM   #346 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivor Hill View Post
That would be tail neutral under the servo tab.
but dont u think that this used for finding the 90 centering of the servo..?
so would u plz see it and tell what he means?
and what do u think about that?
Old 05-22-2012, 02:19 PM   #347 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahibrahim2009 View Post
but dont u think that this used for finding the 90 centering of the servo..?
so would u plz see it and tell what he means?
and what do u think about that?
It does the same as subtrim in the TX. It should not be used for centering the servo.
Centering the servo should be done by fitting the servo arm at 90 degrees to the servo with the gyro in normal mode. Normal mode centres the servo.
Old 05-27-2012, 06:17 AM   #348 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default How to set FM gain (blue wire) on Futaba 10cp

There is a lot to read about setting the gain with the transmitter (if the blue wire is connected)
I just dont get it how to ajust the gain with my Futaba 10cp. If the blue wire is connected I can switch between possition/ off/ stabilization using one of the switches.

I have no problem adjusting the gyro gain with my transmitter.

Can somebody explain how to use the FM gain with a transmitter?

Thanks
Qtop is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2012, 02:35 PM   #349 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtop View Post
There is a lot to read about setting the gain with the transmitter (if the blue wire is connected)
I just dont get it how to ajust the gain with my Futaba 10cp. If the blue wire is connected I can switch between possition/ off/ stabilization using one of the switches.

I have no problem adjusting the gyro gain with my transmitter.

Can somebody explain how to use the FM gain with a transmitter?

Thanks
Decide what channel and 3 way switch or VR you want to use to control it. Connect the blue wire to the selected channel and go to aux-ch in the 10c, set the switch or VR to the channel you have decided to use.

If you are useing a switch go to end points for the channel you are useing. operate the switch and you will see the led changing modes on Flymentor you will also see the curser changing sides on the 10c. The end point values that you set will be the gain value for FM. To start with I would set 65 for position, 90 for balance and centre will be off.

If you decide to use a VR, in aux-ch set the channel to that VR and the position of the VR will determine the gain and mode for FM. If useing a VR you can set the maximum gain by reducing the endpoint values for the channel.

I use the right hand VR slider and operate it with my forefinger. So I connect the blue wire to channel 7, go to aux-ch and set channel 7 to VR E. If you operate the slider you will see FM changing modes.
Slider down will be maximum gain for position mode. Moving the slider towards the centre will reduce the gain, when it gets to the centre you will feel a click and FM will be off, pushing it further forward will put FM into balance mode and full forward will be max gain in balance mode.

I can reduce the maximum gains by reducing end point for channel 7 but I don't bother. I push the slider forward about 3mm to take off in position mode I then increase it a little when I get about 30 cm off the ground.
Old 05-28-2012, 12:45 AM   #350 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Decide what channel and 3 way switch or VR you want to use to control it. Connect the blue wire to the selected channel and go to aux-ch in the 10c, set the switch or VR to the channel you have decided to use.

If you are useing a switch go to end points for the channel you are useing. operate the switch and you will see the led changing modes on Flymentor you will also see the curser changing sides on the 10c. The end point values that you set will be the gain value for FM. To start with I would set 65 for position, 90 for balance and centre will be off.

If you decide to use a VR, in aux-ch set the channel to that VR and the position of the VR will determine the gain and mode for FM. If useing a VR you can set the maximum gain by reducing the endpoint values for the channel.

I use the right hand VR slider and operate it with my forefinger. So I connect the blue wire to channel 7, go to aux-ch and set channel 7 to VR E. If you operate the slider you will see FM changing modes.
Slider down will be maximum gain for position mode. Moving the slider towards the centre will reduce the gain, when it gets to the centre you will feel a click and FM will be off, pushing it further forward will put FM into balance mode and full forward will be max gain in balance mode.

I can reduce the maximum gains by reducing end point for channel 7 but I don't bother. I push the slider forward about 3mm to take off in position mode I then increase it a little when I get about 30 cm off the ground.
You are good I have been reading for 3 days now and I could not find out. It works great now.
I forgot to ask... I can´t set the pitch and trottle curve. I just does not make changes on the heli. Any idea? I have it in H1.
Also.. can I make small adjustments with the trims or do I need to do this in FM (swash?)

And again thanks for the great explanation.

Last edited by Qtop; 05-28-2012 at 12:42 PM..
Old 05-28-2012, 01:23 PM   #351 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtop View Post
You are good I have been reading for 3 days now and I could not find out. It works great now.
I forgot to ask... I can´t set the pitch and trottle curve. I just does not make changes on the heli. Any idea? I have it in H1.

And again thanks for the great explanation.
Your TX has 4 flight modes, norm and idle up 1,2 and 3. So you have 4 throttle curves and 4 pitch curves and all these curves can be set differently These modes are selected useing switches, normaly switches E and F.
If the heli is not responding to the changes you are making to the cuves then I would guess that you have one flight mode selected but adjusting another.
Try this.
Push the mode button twice to get to the second menu. Go to pitch curve and set it to norm, you will then be able to set the curve. Then do exactly the same in throttle curve.
If you are a beginner you may want to INH idle 1,2,and 3 in the throttle curve so you do not switch to them by accident or set those cuves to all zeros.
For normal try 45-62-75-87-100 pitch and 0-70-70-70-100 throttle.
Please be carefull and try to learn more about the way the TX works.
Old 05-28-2012, 02:40 PM   #352 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Your TX has 4 flight modes, norm and idle up 1,2 and 3. So you have 4 throttle curves and 4 pitch curves and all these curves can be set differently These modes are selected useing switches, normaly switches E and F.
If the heli is not responding to the changes you are making to the cuves then I would guess that you have one flight mode selected but adjusting another.
Try this.
Push the mode button twice to get to the second menu. Go to pitch curve and set it to norm, you will then be able to set the curve. Then do exactly the same in throttle curve.
If you are a beginner you may want to INH idle 1,2,and 3 in the throttle curve so you do not switch to them by accident or set those cuves to all zeros.
For normal try 45-62-75-87-100 pitch and 0-70-70-70-100 throttle.
Please be carefull and try to learn more about the way the TX works.
I know more or less how it works. But I just found out thats the pitch cannot be set when the TX is on throttle hold.
I have a 7-point setting for both curves. Can you say what the best numbers are to use?
Now it´s in norm mode:
-100 -50 -25 0 +25 +50 +100 (pitch)
25 37,5 50 62,5 75 100 (throttle)

Thanks
Old 05-28-2012, 04:37 PM   #353 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default No lights if Gyro and CCD connected

I have a Blade 450 which I recently installed flymentor, I noticed 2 things occurring.

1) If I connect the Gyro (FM - removed stock gyro) and CCD I get no lights on FM. If I unplug both I get red fast blink (no signal from receiver).

2) When it does have a red fast blink I noticed the back of the FM is getting very hot and the servos are twitching. I disconnect the battery immediately as I'm afraid this is damaging the FM.

3) If I connect the program box it continually states connecting... nothing else.

I attached images of the wiring setup, does this look correct? I compared it to several other posts and everything seems accurate?

Thanks in advance.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2102.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	72.6 KB
ID:	320349   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2104.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	117.9 KB
ID:	320350  
bgrindem is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-29-2012, 02:33 PM   #354 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgrindem View Post
I have a Blade 450 which I recently installed flymentor, I noticed 2 things occurring.

1) If I connect the Gyro (FM - removed stock gyro) and CCD I get no lights on FM. If I unplug both I get red fast blink (no signal from receiver).

2) When it does have a red fast blink I noticed the back of the FM is getting very hot and the servos are twitching. I disconnect the battery immediately as I'm afraid this is damaging the FM.

3) If I connect the program box it continually states connecting... nothing else.

I attached images of the wiring setup, does this look correct? I compared it to several other posts and everything seems accurate?

Thanks in advance.
It looks like your FM is defective. This can be caused by the servos being plugged in the wrong way around but yours are connected correctly.
You need to return it.
Old 05-31-2012, 10:25 PM   #355 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am back, after a short break from the heli (extra hours at work). I have since redone all settings in the flymentor. good news is I am finished resetting it up. I set the main / longest linkage at 1 3/4 inches like I saw on a video, that it is default length for the trex which this is the exi 450 so suppose to be the same. Then I got everything leveled out, and 90 at mid stick. Did the test made sure everything was tilting the right direction. And all good. Then went outside and wala same thing. Won't Evan lift 2 inches off groung at full throttle. So frustrating! I tried setting the 50-62-75-87-100 pitch curve. I so wish I had a pitch gauge. . My heli is a exi 450. Maybe the linkages need set differently .
Old 06-01-2012, 05:43 PM   #356 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayray View Post
I am back, after a short break from the heli (extra hours at work). I have since redone all settings in the flymentor. good news is I am finished resetting it up. I set the main / longest linkage at 1 3/4 inches like I saw on a video, that it is default length for the trex which this is the exi 450 so suppose to be the same. Then I got everything leveled out, and 90 at mid stick. Did the test made sure everything was tilting the right direction. And all good. Then went outside and wala same thing. Won't Evan lift 2 inches off groung at full throttle. So frustrating! I tried setting the 50-62-75-87-100 pitch curve. I so wish I had a pitch gauge. . My heli is a exi 450. Maybe the linkages need set differently .
You need to get a pitch gauge. We could help more if you posted some pics.
Old 06-03-2012, 02:34 AM   #357 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
You need to get a pitch gauge. We could help more if you posted some pics.
I just posted 2 more videos on YouTube, I wish I had a pitch gauge it would not make it easier. Can the pitch not be changed with out the pitch gauge?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFV8rtL9wwY&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txOhNFBsONs&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]
Old 06-03-2012, 02:40 AM   #358 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have since the last post, turned the dial throttle cut / hover pit on my turnigy 9x clockwise to the max, and was able to get it to lift. Tommarow I can take it to field, to check it out again, like this, as I turned the knob it raised and lowered the swash plate. Somehow it helped some. Will see how much tomorrow it it dark out now, other wise I would try it now.
Old 06-03-2012, 02:54 AM   #359 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think it's something with your tx config. Did you see the vid. on turnigy 9x setup?
KDS Flymentor 3d and trex 450 clone and turnigny 9x install and settings part 1 (15 min 7 sec)
Old 06-03-2012, 03:25 AM   #360 (permalink)
Registered Users

I watced the video again, it looks like a lot the same as mine is setup, except in the aux channels. The ch 6 and 7, I am trying to use 7 or 8 for my lights, 6 is null, and 5 is gear. I can try to switch them tommarow on the field see if it makes a difference.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in