Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters > 450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters

450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters 450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2015, 03:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default There's no need for high headspeed...

...for me anyways. My 450 DFC has been in dormant state for most of last season. Compare to my "go-to" heli stretched Protos 500 with super light disc-loading my 450 DFC is the exact opposite. After taking it out of hibernation and tweaking the setup a bit recently, it's actually not that bad to fly with. Now that I've got some freebies (some 65C lipos) to test and review with the 450, this heli now gets back in the air more often. I also had to fine-tune it so that it runs more efficient and don't ruin the lipos. I always like to set up my heli to not over-gear, run just enough HS (but compensate it with good governor settings to maintain the low HS) and run light disc-loading as much as possible (and affordable).

Here're some of my goodies: Bolt 65C 2400, nanotech 65C 2250 (Accucel6 LiHV charger not shown, also nanotech A-Spec G2's coming)

Here're some back-to-back flight vids. At only 2750rpm HS and 335mm blades, it's not slow by any means to me.
My Align 450DFC Just Broken-in Bolt 65C 2400 LiHV (4 min 44 sec)

My Align 450DFC Long-Term Test Nanotech 65C 2250 F040 (4 min 10 sec)
DoubleCH is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2015, 01:05 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

That looks like plenty HS. What motor and pinion are you running?
Im about to maiden my pro this wknd weather permitting.
ps Nice flying, I woule love to fly like that.
Diggiz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2015, 10:08 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Thanks. That's around 2750rpm HS. That's pretty low for 335mm blades. Even with 360mm blades for the 450L people fly much higher HS than that. People fly that HS for 425mm blades for 500-size heli. Maybe it's the high pitch whine of the old straight-cut main gear (150T instead of 120T for the newer slant-cut) that gives you false sense of high HS.
DoubleCH is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-27-2015, 10:29 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nice empty flying spot! There's some areas here in San Diego that look just like that.

Great flying btw! I'm in the same boat as you, literally just got my 450 out of hibernation 2 days ago.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in