Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > For Sale Forums – KNOW your buyer/seller ratings! No Price bashing. NO FIREARMS > Stolen, Ripoffs and Scammer alerts

Stolen, Ripoffs and Scammer alerts Post your theft, scammed, ripped off reports here

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2010, 06:05 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

good luck, dosen't sound good for your $575, hope the guys goes to jail.
ewoodcox is offline        Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2010, 06:16 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

File a complaint with IC3 (Internet Crime Complaint Center) too! Just saying FBI usually scares most criminals..Good luck!
Old 02-01-2010, 03:00 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

From google earth it looks like he has a grill and some patio furniture you could take.

What an (%*$^%
chris11427 is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2010, 05:03 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris11427 View Post
From google earth it looks like he has a grill and some patio furniture you could take.

What an (%*$^%
So stealing from someone even if they are a thief and they stole from you makes it better?Im not sure I understand the logic here.
HELIFREAK !!!
aerocal is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2010, 05:34 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerocal View Post
So stealing from someone even if they are a thief and they stole from you makes it better?Im not sure I understand the logic here.
An eye for an eye type of thing, I believe.

Bob
Bayward is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2010, 07:42 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default Courtney Hegler Is A Thief

Update:

Just a follow-up for those doing a search on the integrity of Mr. Courtney Hegler.

It is now Feb. 7, 2010 and Courtney Hegler residing at 15728 Bradford Road, Silver Spring, Maryland 20906 still has not shipped me my item or returned my $575.00

Check back monthly for further updates.
JookSing is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2010, 07:52 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

I detest people like him. Karma will come back and bite him in the ass. I would wish bad things on him, but I don't feel thats right, although his ass does need to sit in jail.
Old 02-26-2010, 12:04 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Is there any good honest companys out there.Was out of hobby for 7-8years, lots have changed since early 90s.When I got back in, in 06 I went all in buying 2 complete set ups from local hobby shop 450 & 3d plane, Have issues with new heli, new radio, manufacture issues, so they say. Left out the names but they both are the big boys of the industry. One thing forsure QC all new parts & equiment, nothings 100% in this world even if it cost you your right leg, and both your nuts!!!!!!!!!!! Glad I did not get hurt or anyone else, and still have something to play with.When new items come new with issues shouldnt cost me to fix. No one wants to replace the damaged equipment only the part in question. Like the metal/composit swash outer ring not being glued from factory,The part new $20, damage to the heli, $200.Thanks for the 20 dollar part?!?!?! I am glad I spent the last 2 years at home recovering from illness, couldnt waste moore money on my hobbie( 11 years old when I started in1984) Started using computer and am thankful for HELIFREAK, found the answers I was looking for for two years, exact matches to my issues heli & radio.
Daniel 17 is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 03-07-2010, 01:39 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Update:

Just a follow-up for those doing a search on the integrity of Mr. Courtney Hegler.

It is now Mar. 7, 2010 and Courtney Hegler residing at 15728 Bradford Road, Silver Spring, Maryland 20906 still has not shipped me my item or returned my $575.00

Old 03-13-2010, 06:21 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

I did some checking and he is selling stuff on other forums still using the name Courtney HEGLER but showing an address of Gaithersburg MD USA. This is about 10 minutes from the address listed here.

anyone buying from ANY site, including this one. Please do your research on who you are sending money to.

This person (from Gaithersburg MD USA) could be selling here..........
Old 04-17-2010, 12:09 PM   #31 (permalink)
Banned User

Default have you reported him to the cops?

Since this person seems to be selling multiple items, maybe you should contact the Prince Georges County Police dept or the MD State Police.

I live in the DC metro area, should I go knock on his door?
kavic5150 is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2010, 09:51 AM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Wow, I can't believe this is still going on! I don't know what to say!
Old 05-03-2010, 08:06 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

My money is probably lost and I can live with that but I keep posting once a month just to keep his name active on the web just in case someone/company or institution does a search for his name.

So as an update...

It is now May 3, 2010 and Courtney Hegler residing at (or was) 5728 Bradford Road, Silver Spring, Maryland 20906 still has not shipped me my item or returned my $575.00

Thanks guys for the support.
Old 05-09-2010, 07:52 AM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

BTW Silver Spring is typically Montgomery County, not PG County.
AMA#47402, IRCHA # 3395
Blade CP "Pro", Trex 450SE, PiccoZ, Quick of Japan EP8v2 EX, Hurricane 550, Hurricane 200, JR Vibe 50, Blade mCX, Bergen Intrepid Gasser, Pantera 50, Blade mSR, Novus CP
Pinecone is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2010, 09:37 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

How far is the drive?? Call the feds. do something! For $575 I would case the joint, follow him to work and talk to his boss. This has worked well for me in the past. Also talking to all his neighbors and notifying the cops. You could file a small claims lawsuit in your county, or his for double what he owes??
Atom 550, HS 5245's, FBL, Micro Beast
helifuel is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2010, 05:48 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Wow that sucks I can't believe he gave you a stupid excuse if he wasn't a thief then you wouldn't bad mouth him and that had nothing to do with the check he had no problem cashing and because he was ripped of because he had to return money for selling a shoty product he never got back. but now you have evidence to take him to court or post a add in Craigslist for someone who lives by him to harass him maybe even a good ass whooping I would help you out if he was in Chicago lol papal will give you money back but I hope they don't let the jerk keep the money use a program like that next time. Serve him papers I'm sure you will win if you show all your evidence you can even sue for time off work, travel and court fees tell him that and maybe he will get scared and send a refund.
dean26 is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 05-13-2010, 09:45 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Really dude, get police in to it. $575 is alot, plus the long time. Whoever it is that is scamming could get into big trouble, and I have no doubt police could find this person.
RCHO Flying Field, Knightdale NC
lazor 22 is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 05-30-2010, 09:56 AM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

I wish I lived around Silverspring, Maryland!! Nothing like hearing the wife scream and the idiot run around the house in his underwear at 4am Sunday morning while he gets bounced from wall to wall.
Then an hour later he's dabbing his broken nose and swollen eye as he tells the police some guys busted in yelling something about helicopters.
Sir, have you been using drugs?
Saw all that in a movie.
Old 05-30-2010, 11:00 PM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by JookSing View Post
My money is probably lost and I can live with that but I keep posting once a month just to keep his name active on the web just in case someone/company or institution does a search for his name.

So as an update...

It is now May 3, 2010 and Courtney Hegler residing at (or was) 5728 Bradford Road, Silver Spring, Maryland 20906 still has not shipped me my item or returned my $575.00

Thanks guys for the support.
I cannot help but notice your right in NJ. Why not take an afternoon ride to Maryland? Its not far by car and I sure would like to know what this guy does when you knock on his door once nice, then once with a cop to take a live report. Lunch, back home with the money or all the papers for small claims court. If it where me, I would gladly spend twice the money I lost making this guy's like a terrible thing.
PittJitsu is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 08-18-2010, 11:34 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thats funny LOL.. I live in gaithersburg, and work in wheaton, bethesda, which is literally RIGHT by silver spring.. I actually go through silverspring going to wheaton..

Jook, shoot me a pm, lets get you your money.
TheFaja is offline        Quick reply to this message
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in