Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 500 Class Electric Helicopters

500 Class Electric Helicopters 500 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2015, 10:47 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solmanbandit View Post
I would buy a fbl head. They are not that expensive and you will have a better experience.
Yes, i know :-) However, I dont want to spend another dime on this heli. Plan is to use this heli to try new moves, and when I run out of luck / skills - garbage bin. I wont rebuild this one.

I have other helis I care more for.

Point is to make the fb-head fly with fbl controller without spending money.

The conversion works, but im not sure the 3G unit is set up correctly for the response that this head gives.

I will try to make changes in the 3G unit setup next time the weather is good. Right now its raining like crazy here, an its dark at four o'clock in the afternoon.
Wintertime in Norway..

I have tried to give the heli away, without luck...
jogeiremil is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2015, 11:02 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

You might be surprised how well the heli will perform if set up properly. If you keep it as junk, it will fly like junk. When my 500 is tuned, it flies fantastic.
Old 11-11-2015, 11:37 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
You might be surprised how well the heli will perform if set up properly. If you keep it as junk, it will fly like junk. When my 500 is tuned, it flies fantastic.
Dont get me wrong, I appreciate your help :-) Its just that I am fed up by the low quality of parts from hobbyking. This heli is a HK 500 - actually number 3 owned by me. All three have given me headaches. I should have spent the money on a trex500 in the first place, not 3xHK500's. This is why I refuse to put any more money into this clone.

I have owned a lot of helicopters over the years - none of them has given me so much trouble as the HK500's. The tolerances are simply too large, and the quality is too low for these machines to function properly.

I had a hk/copterx 450 which I flew for many years. 450 size clone is ok, but the forces on the 500 is too big for the lousy quality of the HK's.

I suspect that you own a Align trex 500.
I have seen the align trex 500 FBL in action, very nice machine :-)
Old 11-11-2015, 11:43 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

My 450 and 600 started off as clones. I just started replacing parts over time until I was satisfied. With my 600, I think the only thing left that was HK was the tail blade grips. Both of them were kick ass by the time I did everything I wanted to do on them. I just did a little at a time.
Old 11-11-2015, 12:05 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
My 450 and 600 started off as clones. I just started replacing parts over time until I was satisfied. With my 600, I think the only thing left that was HK was the tail blade grips. Both of them were kick ass by the time I did everything I wanted to do on them. I just did a little at a time.
Hehe, I see :-) You also know a thing or two regarding clone quality.. did you change the screws also? The screws on this heli are horrible. Not quite metric, and certainly not imperial.. especially the hex heads get easily stripped.
Old 11-11-2015, 12:15 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Even the Align screws suck. Why would they use 1.5mm head on frame screws? They strip out so easily. I just orded some with 2mm heads.
Old 01-02-2016, 12:05 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Even the Align screws suck. Why would they use 1.5mm head on frame screws? They strip out so easily. I just orded some with 2mm heads.

Amen to that! 1,5mm is useless
Xorxess is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2016, 12:21 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Heat the head of the screws up with a soldering iron first for about 30 sec to a minute, then say good bye to stripped out screws. It softens the loctite and make removal a easy chore.
HeliLust is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
conversion, hk500, junk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in