Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 600 Class Electric Helicopters

600 Class Electric Helicopters 600 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2011, 07:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
gfx
Registered Users

Default Please help with my build

Hi! I am a little perturbed. I spent lots of money on the Align T-Rex 600esp because I wanted to avoid problems that accompany the HK600GT. Well, I just started my build and I have already run into what seems like a quality control issue.

The M3 Collar screw that screws the flybar seesaw holder onto the head stock needs to have threadlocker applied. So I did that then screwed it back in and the seesaw binds now. If I back the collar screws out until they are loose, the seesaw moves freely. But the collar screws need to be snug, right?? So I tried backing them out just until they were slightly loose and it still binds some. I can tighten one screw all the way down but have to leave the other loose--that kinda works, but this thing should be able to be screwed snuggly on both sides and still be free moving, right? If I leave them kinda loose, will the thread locker hold the screws in sufficiently? If I tighten the screws down and leave the seesaw binding some, will it work itself free as it runs?? Would that be ok?? Also, the manual doesn't alert you to put thread locker on the socket button head screw that holds the SF mixing arm to the flybar seesaw. Why not?? Just moving it around while working on the seesaw, it's alread backed out almost all the way. It has tons of oil on it, so cleaning it enoughto put threadlocker on it will be a total pain.

I shouldn't be having this issue with a premium kit like this, should I? Makes me wish I would have saved 600 bucks and bought the HK600GT!! Is all this to be expected?

Thanks so much!

Louie (GFX)
gfx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2011, 07:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

All metal-to-metal screws/bolts should be threadlocked.
If you have to back out to restore free movement there is something else happening - too much Loctite, too many spacers, a missing washer, etc.
Generally if you have issues with mechanisms binding after you apply Loctite it's likely because used too much and some leaked into the mechanism.
Bolts should always be tightened down as they are engineered to be torqued in place, not backed out by any amount.
Old 03-13-2011, 07:45 PM   #3 (permalink)
gfx
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheetah62 View Post
All metal-to-metal screws/bolts should be threadlocked.
If you have to back out to restore free movement there is something else happening - too much Loctite, too many spacers, a missing washer, etc.
Generally if you have issues with mechanisms binding after you apply Loctite it's likely because used too much and some leaked into the mechanism.
Bolts should always be tightened down as they are engineered to be torqued in place, not backed out by any amount.
I always check fit before applying threadlocker. So all this binding is happening with absolutely no locktight applied yet. It's binding already as it is.

So what about all the oil already on the button head screw? How do I prepare it for application of Loctite?

Thanks.
Old 03-13-2011, 09:15 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfx View Post
Hi! I am a little perturbed. I spent lots of money on the Align T-Rex 600esp because I wanted to avoid problems that accompany the HK600GT. Well, I just started my build and I have already run into what seems like a quality control issue.

The M3 Collar screw that screws the flybar seesaw holder onto the head stock needs to have threadlocker applied. So I did that then screwed it back in and the seesaw binds now. Louie (GFX)

??
JRevo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2011, 07:05 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I use denatured alcohol and a tooth brush or acid brush to clean the screws and the hole where the screw will go before threadlock.
AR 7000, DS610's cyclic, Quark gyro & DS620 on tail
Capt.Chip is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2011, 09:47 AM   #6 (permalink)
gfx
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRevo View Post
??

???
Old 03-14-2011, 09:48 AM   #7 (permalink)
gfx
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.Chip View Post
I use denatured alcohol and a tooth brush or acid brush to clean the screws and the hole where the screw will go before threadlock.
Good Idea. I'll use alcohol. Thanks.
Old 03-14-2011, 07:12 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfx View Post
Good Idea. I'll use alcohol. Thanks.
But, be really sure to let it all evaporate before applying loctite.

Especially on the female threads. Wet alcohol will prevent the loctite from curing.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in