Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > bavarianDEMON/HeliCommand

bavarianDEMON/HeliCommand Factory Sponsored Bavarian DEMON and HeliCommand Support

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2014, 07:03 AM   #21 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by orthobird View Post
on a FBL heli...
what is the significance of head gyro, tail gyro, and meaning of rigid.
Head gyro works like heading hold for the pitch and roll (aileron and elevator). This is the same way tail gyro in heading hold mode works on yaw (rudder).

Rigid is heading hold parameters for the pitch and roll (gain, feed forward, etc...)

Horizon is the self level and rescue functions. (Where the FBL unit must work out where the real external horizon is and try level to it - This is quite tricky considering no accelerometers, no gravity sensors and no visual reference).

Quote:
on my Tx, i have programmed the "head gyro" to this, but during flight, i have not dared move this while i am flying it.

Also, on my BD 3SX, on the bench, i can move the slider all the way up and down, and the light will be amber/yellow.
however, if i move the slider slowly, there will be a point where the light turns "red".

i do not understand why the "slider" for the "head" gyro, would make it "rate" mode. does the slider control the tail also?
If you lower the head gain too much it becomes ineffective. (This is useful is you want to run a flybar for pre 2013 F3C competition). If you raise the head gain too much the heli will become unstable (imagine tail wag, but on the roll and pitch).

If the LED is red, then the heli will not alter roll/pitch to hold an attitude.
Advertisement

Old 04-29-2014, 09:11 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Quote:
what i do not understand is why program a helicopter and add a slider for the "head gyro".

and what does "Rigid" mean.

on my Tx, i have programmed the "head gyro" to this, but during flight, i have not dared move this while i am flying it.

Also, on my BD 3SX, on the bench, i can move the slider all the way up and down, and the light will be amber/yellow.
however, if i move the slider slowly, there will be a point where the light turns "red".

i do not understand why the "slider" for the "head" gyro, would make it "rate" mode. does the slider control the tail also?
"Rigid" seems to be a German translation thing. Note that for the Hensleit TDR (also German) TDR stands for Three Dee Rigid. A Rigid head is equivalent to an FBL head. With the 3SX there is Rigid flight mode (no SL or Rescue) and the Rigid Tab in the software that was the settings for the head. As far as I can tell Rigid=FBL.

Most all FBL controllers allow tuning the tail gain which is the master gain for the tail feedback control loop. The Head gain is the same thing but for the head control loops.

I am a little concerned that you have the head signal programmed from the TX but moving the slider makes changes. The slider will only be effective if your TX is not controlling the channel or you have enabled the channel for CR/SL.

Please re-read #18 above.

As with most sliders on the 3SX you probably have to do a Write to make any change effective. Per the manual, the solid Red light means your head gain is less than 20% which is probably too low to fly.
Old 05-05-2014, 06:13 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

thank you very much, this helps very much to explain for me!!
orthobird is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-25-2014, 09:41 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default bd3sx and Spectrum DX7 22ms

Sudden servo jumps: [ame]http://youtu.be/u6mNWSdiFeA[/ame]
Vladlen is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-25-2014, 10:50 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

you should post this in the regular part of the forum as it does relate to the FAQ.

You mentioned DX7 and 22ms but you did not post if you bind in DSM2 or DSMX and you did not post if you are using a full RX or Sats direct to the 3SX. If you read the FAQ, you'd know these are important.

A certain amount of servo chatter and jumping is normal on the bench. If you get collective jumps in flight, then something is wrong.
Old 08-25-2014, 03:16 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

DSM2 Sats direct to the 3SX. It happens in flight
Old 08-25-2014, 04:52 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladlen View Post
DSM2 Sats direct to the 3SX. It happens in flight
well you may be one of those guys that gets issues from using sats on DSM2 at 22ms. Your most direct solution would be to get a full 7channel RX. Then you can keep your DX7. If you are just dead-set on using sats, you should get a DX9 and DSMX Sats so you can bind in DSMX at 11ms. You still have to worry about having solid voltage at 6V or more. As I said in the FAQ, DX7 is not the best choice for the 3SX because it has very limted switch programming options. DX9 would be a big improvement.
Old 08-30-2014, 12:30 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thank you!

I have downloaded this video as an illustration to your instruction, which in return has cleared for me the failure of the electronics to perform.

At the moment the transmitter and the satellites are different and function well.
Old 01-11-2015, 03:05 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default DMSS

Does anyone know if a DMSS RX will work with the BD FBL?
widebody777er is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2015, 07:32 AM   #30 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by widebody777er View Post
Does anyone know if a DMSS RX will work with the BD FBL?
Loom connect the full RX and it will work fine (not sat only).
Old 01-11-2015, 12:52 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thank you ArchmageAU!!
widebody777er is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2015, 08:37 AM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi, anyone has info on how to setup horizon mode on tx for Jr xg8?
vintcs is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2015, 06:14 AM   #33 (permalink)
pqr
Registered Users

rhodesengr - Excellent post, thank you for your time and effort.
Blade MSR
pqr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2015, 10:32 AM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by pqr View Post
rhodesengr - Excellent post, thank you for your time and effort.
Thanks. Glad you found it helpful.
Old 02-22-2015, 01:52 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hello guys,
I just bought a BB 3SX and install it to a T-Rex Pro 500 DFC, I have done the initial setup following the software but I haven's fly it yet.
Checking the servo moves at the ground I saw that when I increase the throttle the tail doesn't hold and the heli start pirouetting, my TX is a JR X9303 and I have assign the gyro switch to the Gear channel, when I move the switch in the TX up and down in the software the bar is changing from normal to hold but in either positions the tail didn’t hold.
Any suggestion ??? any help is more than appreciated
Thank you in advance
vangelis is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2015, 01:20 AM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by vangelis View Post
Hello guys,
I just bought a BB 3SX and install it to a T-Rex Pro 500 DFC, I have done the initial setup following the software but I haven's fly it yet.
Checking the servo moves at the ground I saw that when I increase the throttle the tail doesn't hold and the heli start pirouetting, my TX is a JR X9303 and I have assign the gyro switch to the Gear channel, when I move the switch in the TX up and down in the software the bar is changing from normal to hold but in either positions the tail didn’t hold.
Thank you in advance
Thank you both guys for your reply’s ( the problem solved )
Doing the setup from the beginning I notice that at the < tail servo > section after the centering of the servo horn it say to unscrew the ball link 2 turns counter clockwise so I did it and the problem solved.
I mention that for those they have the same problem
Thanks
Old 02-27-2015, 01:25 AM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Hello guys,
Thank you in advance
Thank you both guys for your reply’s ( the problem solved )
Doing the setup from the beginning I notice that at the < tail servo > section after the centering of the servo horn it say to unscrew the ball link 2 turns counter clockwise so I did it and the problem solved.
I mention that for those they have the same problem
Thanks
Old 02-27-2015, 10:15 AM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
hey is great you got your model working, but I doubt it is for the reason you said. Unscrewing the tail link 2 turns is just to offset the tail range a small amount so that when the tail slider is centered the blades are not neutral but balancing the main blade torque.

I think in starting from the beginning, you got some setting right that was wrong before like a reverse on the tail channel.
Old 03-26-2015, 06:17 PM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Along those same lines as the last post. Does the BD require an offset for the tail neutral position. I know some FBL units do and some don't.
Old 03-26-2015, 07:33 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbei312 View Post
Along those same lines as the last post. Does the BD require an offset for the tail neutral position. I know some FBL units do and some don't.
The Wizard tells you to offset the tail "2 turns". Is it required? If you didn't do it, it would still work just fine but you'd have a little less tail control range in one direction than the other. So in hard flying where you hit the tail limits, you'd get blowout a little easier in one direction. In mild mannered flying where you never come close to the tail limits, you'd never notice.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in