Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters

450 Class Electric Helicopters 450 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2017, 07:26 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad007 View Post
He had the 450 and indicated he didn't like it. The 380 / Align or Devil
fit the bill with BangGood for parts and also a move to bigger in the long run doesn't require another kit, just stretch the Devil to a 420.
Tail drive gear, motor gear?, tail control rod, boom and belt and there ya go. A quarter of the cost of a cheap Align 500 and performance and gearing options to boot. Own both and the Gob design is better. The tail does take a good hit to destroy vers a flimsy tube that will need replaced every time. None stop posts about belt tension, no problem with the Devil boom, doesn't move with the temp changes like a metal tube does and real bad. Been there and even add a spring loaded tensioner if you want. Spool up any Align on the bench and feel the vibes on the FBL tray and then the Devil, no vibes at all. The 470 is the only Align I have no desire to buy and has far as I know the servos still have the servo balls inside the horns where it runs into the servo on all there kits
The 470LM can be had for 482. It's a shame the ESC needs replaced with a HW 60A V4
If you like the Goblin design, you should recommend a Goblin to him..

RCHN Listener Chat (Discord) - https://discord.gg/6SvCccC
corywrx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2017, 06:13 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by corywrx View Post
If you like the Goblin design, you should recommend a Goblin to him..
If you where to actually read the first post it reads like someone that's
on tight on a budget and looking to a 450 clone. Simply offering what fits the bill and isn't has he stated, "the 450 was twitchy" makes sense don't it?
Old 02-15-2017, 10:06 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

If the op wants to get a D380 i have no Problem with it ,Its his free choice .
But because he was away for awhile Were just trying to update him on the newer helis .
The D380 AND the Align 470 are both larger than the 450 class so there is no twitchyness
On either of these birds . He can get a 2nd gen brain pretty cheap with rescue too .
Old 02-16-2017, 12:51 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

I would go with the Align 470 combo myself and go with that.
It is slightly bigger than the 450, more stable with no added expence.
Calling the new tail shaft a band aid fix is beyond me and there are people flying with th original shaft without issue.
Just look at the promo videos with Alan Szabo Jr, if it is true to the video those are also stock helis and they seem to handle what he throws at them.
I have had no failures of bearings, issues with high vibrations or lack of pitch so don't know what the go is there.
From what has been posted the Devil 450 appears to be a capable helicopter as well, I just like being able to go to my local hobby shop and buy part without having to wait on a delivery.
Jeti DS-16. Whovian.
Necroscope is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2017, 12:58 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

i just wish the speed canopy was half the price it is and better yet, i'd just a plain shell i could paint myself like i did with all my 10th and 8th scale gas offroad cars.
gassprint1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2017, 06:51 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by gassprint1 View Post
i just wish the speed canopy was half the price it is and better yet, i'd just a plain shell i could paint myself like i did with all my 10th and 8th scale gas offroad cars.
i have the speed canopy but it was hell getting the tail on. At least on the plastic version .

@Necroscope. I agree and that's the 2nd reason i went with the 470LP
1. i know im probably gonna crash
2. i would need parts fast .I do have the standard crash parts ready , but it's good to know that if i order then usually i get the parts the next day (BIG Thanks to livehobby.de you guys are fast! )
3. I couldn't bear to use my D380 as a lawn dart .
Maybe later when i'm better i might get the Goblin. But the MSH Protos 380 EVO is looking really sweet too
Old 02-16-2017, 11:03 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

well, the irs finally updated taxes to being processed, so it shouldn't be much longer till i get my 470...
gassprint1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2017, 03:55 PM   #28 (permalink)
closed
Thread Starter Thread Starter

hi,

thanks a lot for all opinions.

I'm not away from the hobby, I'm away from 450 class helis. I fly my 550 and 600 helis very frequently. I had a 700 that I sold because I hated it.

recently I put together a very cheap 450 clone - not an align - just to feel how it flies. unfortunately it is so cheap and shakes so much as I spool it up it seems all parts are going to fly away. I've build this clone just to feel how it is to fly a 450 again.

I've had some 450s in the past and they were cheap ones mostly, but one day I bought a brand new trex 450 Sport and I just couldn't believe how good it flew. At that time I had never flown anything bigger than a 450, but now I'm used to bigger helis and, so, that good recollection from the past can be deceiving.

because I only fly bigger helis today, I fear that coming back to 450s would be very difficult for me. Bigger helis demand less from the pilot. they are way more stable and predictable and the pilot usually has some time to correct a mistake. the smaller the heli, the faster it will go out of control. I have many helis here that I just don't have the time to fly. I also don't want to buy something expensive and just let it sitting on the shelf because I don't like it.

well, coming back to the original question, I'm looking for a compact heli because they crash way cheaper than a big one. wouldn't that be great if I could fly a happy and consistent mild 3d and crash cheap?

a guy here has a brand new alzrc 450 combo with s410mg servos and a hobbywing skywalker ESC. the same guy has a used trex 450 pro with no servos to sell and, so, I'm kind of uncertain about what to do.

how good are the s410mg servos? how about the hw ESC? how good is the alz rc carbon frame compared to align's? are they the same thickness?

thanks a lot.
Old 02-16-2017, 07:45 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilarious View Post
well, coming back to the original question, I'm looking for a compact heli because they crash way cheaper than a big one. wouldn't that be great if I could fly a happy and consistent mild 3d and crash cheap?

a guy here has a brand new alzrc 450 combo with s410mg servos and a hobbywing skywalker ESC. the same guy has a used trex 450 pro with no servos to sell and, so, I'm kind of uncertain about what to do.

how good are the s410mg servos? how about the hw ESC? how good is the alz rc carbon frame compared to align's? are they the same thickness?

thanks a lot.
ok that changes alot . The Align 470 and the D380 are both 6s machines and i think your probably looking for a 3s 450?

1. I couldn't telly you about the servos you mentioned , i only found a 2011 video on youtube about them sry . But reliable cheep cyclic servos i find are the Emax ES09md. Im using an align tail servo but i forgot which one it's copper colored and It says on the side "HIGH PERFORMANCE" ^^
2.most pilots today are using the hobbywing "platinum" series or the hobbyking YEP esc . I'm using the 40A platinum version in my 450 rigid.
Your going to need a program card if you dont have one already.

3. frame thickness is the same , Iv'e seen no difference.
Here is the newest "pro" series from AlZRC:

http://www.alzrc-hobby.com/index.php...8ltppbc9nvhgh1
and the 450 Rigid (what i have )
http://www.rc711.com/shop/alzrc-devi...th=165_273_318
Both come with motor and esc and are only what i could find quickly on the net (im in Germany ^^)
Both are 3s helis and i even have a cheap 30$ k-bar on them and they fly great.
You can tell the newest version of the ALZRC helicopters from the new red & white canopy's . They just started using them in 2016.
Here's the link for all ALZRC helis at the moment :
http://www.alzrc-hobby.com/index.php...8ltppbc9nvhgh1

And here the align 470LP also with motor and esc:
http://www.aligntrexstore.com/T-REX-...3X_p_4592.html
here the complete 470 series:
http://www.aligntrexstore.com/T-REX-470L_c_257.html
Old 02-17-2017, 06:25 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here's some more info, cost or repairs for Alzrc mostly the 380. http://www.banggood.com/search/devil-380-parts.html
I don't think you'll like the 450. I don't touch mine since I got the D380.
More on the frame. The kits, standard or spirit are 1.2mm and the others with all metal upgrades are 1.5
This one is the standard and plastic servo mounts, really nothing wrong what then at all. http://www.banggood.com/ALZRC-Devil-...l?rmmds=search

Also I mentioned B4 the D380 can be stretched o a 420 for I think 69 bucks if the 380 would turn out to be too small. But eh blades would have to be sab blades due to the root size.
I got a Kbar with my kit but it had one bad channel, every servo I plugged it crept down. I get Microbeast Pus units pull from kits off Ebay almost half price
Here's a size comparison, the Align 470 is the same

Old 02-17-2017, 06:33 AM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

I had the D380 P ..went together nicely..accept for the boom, thats a really tight fit ^^
Old 02-17-2017, 07:33 AM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazztl View Post
I had the D380 P ..went together nicely..accept for the boom, thats a really tight fit ^^
You must have followed SABs manual. The devil online manual has you install the tail servo tray after the boom, install the 2 front screws loose and swing it up, gota push pretty hard and then it holds the boom up tight to the main plate.
Looking for a vid, someone posted a D380 with many crashes and the canopy and boom survived as a testament to durability. All beat up but survived.
420 Stretch parts more link 90.00 forgot the canopy set
http://www.alzrc-hobby.com/index.php...gbb370ejm085o2
Been looking for this battle proven vid and found it

Last edited by bad007; 02-17-2017 at 07:52 AM.. Reason: Found vid
bad007 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2017, 06:29 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Theres a D380 manual ..Damn , yeah I used the G380 PDF
Old 02-17-2017, 06:48 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazztl View Post
Theres a D380 manual ..Damn , yeah I used the G380 PDF
It's about identical except for the servo tray. SAB got that one wrong, See page 23/24 and on. Why shoe horn the boom in?
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9m...5PS1pEM0U/view
I've had Aligns for over 10 years and the visibility of the Goblins in flight is way better. Going from a 700 to a 470??? I don't know. So you got to put together a crash kit from BG, no big deal and the parts are good quality and cheap
. Matter a fact for a 3D beater I'd just buy 2.
Old 02-19-2017, 10:20 AM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for the link bad , I'm gonna check it out.
I might get another D380 someday

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in