Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 250 Class Electric Helicopters

250 Class Electric Helicopters 250 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2008, 02:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Play in the new hub?

I got the new hub earlyer this week, the one with only two bearings and hub, no shimmers or that extra spacer that some also get. I installed it, and finally the damn thing worked. I had two great flights with everything working as it should, and I was sure I finally nailed this once and for all.

So today we where of for some indoor action, and I noticed as soon as I started hovering that things did not feel right with it. Gave it a few pumps on the throttle, and is was very easy to see that the tail did not perform correctly. It was not as bad as before, where it would just spin when I did a climb out, but it was clearly not holding very well. Check everything, and it seemed to be correct altho I did think there was alot of play in the bladegrips.

Fired it up again, did a figure 8, it spun around and down she went... So much for that thing nailed!!!

I just checked it again now, everything screwed in thigh and as fare as I can see, in working order. I combared my tail to my friends who got the same issue hub, and it was fare less play in it. Im guessing I can move the blades atleast 0,5cm to each side, thats alot of play! Damn Aling can make tailgrips worth a damn, same crap as my Trex500, but there the tail seems to hold atleast.

How much play do you find in your tail with the new hubs guys? Any idea what on earth I should try next, get the version with the spacer? Im getting really tired of this thing really fast...
felborn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2008, 03:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Not sure what kind of play should be there, because I double stacked two 2mm bearings in each grip with the tiny washer between. Almost ZERO slop or play in mine.

Did you use the proper length screws? If they are too long, your grips will move in/out quite a bit and have plenty of play.

Old 12-20-2008, 04:06 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok, you had me curious so I measured:

I put the jaws of a caliper around the tip of the stock 40mm batman blade. Wiggling back and forth, I have about 3.5mm of side "slop." I'm using only one 2mm bearing per tail blade grip, currently. That's a considerable amount of play, actually. Now that I have the tail dialed in, I may go back to twin bearings per grip. However, my tail holds fine as it is. However, I'm no longer using either the Align servo or gyro.

The amount of slop you mention shouldn't cause you to "spin around and go down." Let us know how it goes.
ndoren is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2008, 04:47 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I dont think its the play in the grips,I have a little in my set-up (two 1.2 bearings and spacer)you will get more with the new single 2mm setup.My 500 had a ton of slop in its plastic grips,tail worked great,upgraded to metal with way less slop,still holds great,just bling I guess.On the 250,I really think you need the spartan if you plan to thrash this little guy around.Im using the 750 and it holds good,unless I really hammer the collective,then I can see it starting to come undone....
gixxerjeff is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2008, 05:12 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Well, I have no idea whats going on. Gonna messure tomorrow and see how much play there is. But today it could not pull of a figure 8, last night I was doing tic-tocs... No idea whats happening here. Check belt tension and that was okay as well. Running a 401 gyro with a 290 servo. Damage was minimal, one broken tailblade and one ladning gear. Replaced now so I hope I will get to test it tomorrow with the batman blades and see how that works for me.
felborn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in