Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2014, 05:05 PM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

Crap, I forgot, when you buy an esc from CC you get a card with a code you can use online to get one for free.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2014, 05:59 PM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location
Default List is getting short.

I think 107 bucks should do.... in Align parts to 'fix' the HK kit I decided to go slant teeth but also got pinions for straight teeth JIC. Should run even more efficient now with a 121 T MG and 11T pinion and still have a smokin headspeed.

I also ordered the Pilot HD cam and a ReadyMadeRC 6a w/8a peak UBEC(Hobbywing clone)

Now the list is

Mushroom antenna
600mW VTX
4 KST DS 215MG servos (which were out of stock )

JERRY yeah I just did that.
Old 09-02-2014, 06:33 PM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Yea! View Post
JERRY yeah I just did that.
Not so difficult to beat me, my friend, my schedule's completely out of control...
Was running around with my daughter whole day yesterday chasing all last-minute open items before shipping her back to NJ today and I completely forgot that it was my 8th wedding anniversary.

Can you guess what Mrs. P's face expression was this morning?
Trex 700N Pro fbl, 600N Pro x 2, 450SE v1, 250 v2 fbl, Compass 6HV fbl, Blade 450x, 400, 300x, 130x, mCPx, 120SR, mQx, mSR, Rotor Concepts HPQ1, Walkera CB180Q, CB100, Novus FP, CP, Esky Hunter, Big Lama.
jperkosk is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2014, 06:36 PM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default F it

I dont really want to mess with the Align Gov mode since my esc is 8+ years old so F it I bought a 40a version of the YEP ESC.
Old 09-02-2014, 06:38 PM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

That's not good Jerry. That's going to need another trip to Australia to get over that one.

Good luck with your reconciliations.

Cheers

Sutty
sutty is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2014, 06:43 PM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default 2 bottles o tequilla

She wont remember a thing. or option 2 and lots of it!
Old 09-03-2014, 11:17 AM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Coming in Hot!

Tomorrow begins the build! First order arrives tomorrow maybe 2. Friday brings more then MORE on Saturday!!!!
Old 09-03-2014, 09:13 PM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Just ordered these

http://www.readymaderc.com/store/ind...oducts_id=1253

http://www.readymaderc.com/store/ind...roducts_id=812

And an immersion 600mW VTX! Now I just need the servos but they are out of stock everywhere it seems.
Old 09-05-2014, 10:48 AM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Thanks to labor day mail has been screwey. Nothing came yesterday but according to tracking I will be getting a mountain of packages today!!!! Idunno why but my heli kit is on the slow boat from Washington tracking says next Wednesday? I should have gotten it from China. lol
Old 09-05-2014, 11:50 PM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Step 1.

Lots of goodies came today! APM mini, DFC HEAD, a 40a YEP ESC, Align parts out the wazoo, Pilot HD cam, 6a UBEC, and 2 APM OSD units.

Step 1
I got the new 121T MG installed and 11T on the motor. Headspeed increased but then I noticed my blades were way out of tracking and discovered my swashplate has a ton of slop. The new one that arrived has none. I will use the new swash for now but I ordered the Align DFC swash to fix that up too.

Next I will work on the soldering ESC BEC and swap swashplates. Then give the governor a test.

600mW VTX will be here tomorrow along with the IBCrazy antennas. I also just found out that my 450 PRO kit, 550W motor, 45A YEP ESC, are also coming!!!!

So looks like the APM unit win be going in sooner than later!!!!
Old 09-06-2014, 01:56 PM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default I am confused here???

The 121T slant MG is slightly bigger than the 150T standard MG and the 11T slant pinion is slightly bigger dia to the 13T standard as well. So besides more head speed, will efficentcy go up? or have any bennifit vs using straight and droping to an 11T or 12T. Remember headspeed is not in this equation effientcy only.
Old 09-06-2014, 02:18 PM   #72 (permalink)
Registered Users

http://www.ecalc.ch/
Old 09-06-2014, 06:48 PM   #73 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Well the PRO kit came along with power motor/ESC. Also got the 600mW VTX and IBCrazy mad mushroom/planar skew wheel!!! TOM thanks again buddy the IBC's really look to be the business. should have listened sooner. How dare I say the walkeras are any good compaired to these. I cant wait to try them! No sleep tonight then I got stuff to do!
Old 09-07-2014, 06:03 PM   #74 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default update.

I got the frame built w/align TT, 121t slant MG 11t pinion, new motor installed/meshed, tail unit rebuilt/installed. I also got the YEP ESC installed and swash swapped w/align dfc linkage on the soon to be fpv 450 dfc. I set it up in the 3dh and flew 2 test packs. It flys awesome! Now off to test the GOV mode!
Old 09-07-2014, 06:27 PM   #75 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Next step with thenew build... rebuild DFC head w/align headblock/feathering shaft. 3.5mm bullets arrive wednesday w/align DFC swashplate so head/esc will be installed then. Oh and the new kit came w/a blue/silver canopy vs the red/silver. Though they are crappy plastic they save weight up front and have grown on me.
Old 09-07-2014, 09:28 PM   #76 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

WOW!!! I flew 5 packs no problems what so ever!!!! This GOVmode is tits!!! So versitile too first I tried GOV at 85% on idle 1&2 left normal alone. It works so you can land w/o hitting TH. Next I did GOV 75% normal, GOV 80% idel1, GOV 82% idel2 to test my ear guage. I did not hear HS change unless I changed flight modes but my ear guage could distinguish 2% so tomorrow Ill test accuracy at 1% WOW I SAY!!! 5th pack used 5200 30c for a 10:15 goved at 80% so more data OTW.
Old 09-07-2014, 11:18 PM   #77 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default OH NO what's safety crap?

SAFETY SUCKS!
Old 09-07-2014, 11:51 PM   #78 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default WHY? you may wonder?

The YEP ESC's kill the motor on 3 sec signal loss. Sure it's good for safety but really sucks for FPV. I looked to see if you could turn that off via program card.(nope) So now what? Another ESC?

Here is what it says.

• Throttle signal lose protection. If the signal is lost for 3 seconds, the power will automatically cut-off.

So does this mean I can get around it by using a separate BEC?(which I already am) or am I screwed?

This is what the hobbywing 40A platnum ESC manual says.

Throttle signal loss protection: The ESC will cutoff the output power if throttle signal is lost for more than 0.25 second, the output power
will be resumed as soon as the throttle signal is normal again.
Old 09-08-2014, 03:54 AM   #79 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Dunno Chad. Will the throttle signal not be created by the APM, and as such it will never go away as far as the ESC is concerned? Even when it decides to cut it, for a failsafe reason, it sets it to the minimum value for the maximum allowed descent rate, or whatever you set the failsafe behaviour to be. If I've got this right, then the APM won't let it be without throttle?

Cheers

Sutty
sutty is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-08-2014, 04:18 AM   #80 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I agree with Sutty, the throttle signal is controlled by the APM, not directly by the RX as would normally be the case. So I don't think you will have a problem. I would test it before rushing out and buying a new ESC, especially as you seems to really like the YEP. Most ESCs will have a failsafe where loss of signal causes them to shut off the motor, so a different ESC will probably not make a difference anyway. I just checked the manual for the multirotor ESCs with SimonK firmware, and it says that if signal to the ESC is lost for 2 seconds, it will shutdown. This should only happen if the flight controller dies, not if you lose throttle signal, so I believe you are good with the YEPs.
Helis: Belt-CP, Mini Titan, EXI 450, HK250-GT, HK500-GT, HK600-GT, mSR (all modified/customised). Quads: Q4, nQX, HK250, Custom built 560 Deadcat camera platform. Some planks. DX6i & DX9. And a boat & some HK surface controller thingy.
CyprusDave is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in