Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 200SRX

200SRX Blade 200SRX Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2015, 07:42 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Intermediate Setting

I have a question I have been flying on beginner setting what is the difference on intermediate setting the side to side movement is a little quicker does the motor increase and is it easier to fly
Thanks
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2015, 08:04 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipes View Post
I have a question I have been flying on beginner setting what is the difference on intermediate setting the side to side movement is a little quicker does the motor increase and is it easier to fly
Thanks
Intermediate mode allows further servo travel in all axis. This increase in response will feel like it has more power only because it responds more quickly. Changing modes does not increase any motor power.... this will be done in the gain settings.

You will still have self leveling in intermediate mode, the bank angle will be potentially greater but I believe you will enjoy flying more as the heli will react to your input more quickly.

As I've stated many times before..... fly in a WIDE open area where there is nothing to crash into but the ground. This gives you more time should you get in trouble. Good Flying, Good Luck!
Bill_Van is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2015, 08:30 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Thanks
Beginner mode limits the angle of travel of the servos, so it will only go so far to the side or front and rear. Intermediate lets the servos travel farther, which lets you angle more so that it will react faster to your actions. Advanced lets the servo travel the whole length of travel.
Timmy & Lassie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2015, 11:36 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill_Van View Post
As I've stated many times before..... fly in a WIDE open area where there is nothing to crash into but the ground. This gives you more time should you get in trouble. Good Flying, Good Luck!

So important! I have learned the hard (expensive!) way. Even if there is more wind in the wide open area, you're better off.
~Jeremy
voodstoc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2015, 02:45 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Pipes, what has been said previously is correct, but does not tell the whole story. The best part of flying in Beginner and Intermediate modes is that the pitch and bank angles are limited by the SAFE technology. The clue to what SAFE does is in the name Sensor Assisted Flight Envelope. It keeps the heli flying within a predefined flight envelope. In Beginner mode it will only allow the heli to roll or pitch a few degrees even with full pitch up or down, or full roll left or right commanded on the right stick. In Intermediate mode the angle is increased a little more so the heli is more responsive. In other words SAFE is intervening to stop the heli rolling or pitching too far.

With the right stick (the cyclic) centered SAFE will control the heli, and using data from its gyros and accelerometers it will fly the heli till its flying level with the horizon, BUT doesn't stop any drift that might be present. In Panic mode, it will again take control and right the heli to a level position from whatever attitude it was in at the time the Panic button was selected.

In Advanced mode the protection is removed, thought Panic still works.

Having said all of the above, do not kid yourself. With all the protection SAFE affords the novice or indeed experienced pilot you can still crash this thing in spectacular fashion, as SAFE does not control the throttle, so if you ease off the power in whatever mode with full right stick applied in any direction it will bury itself in the ground, and if in your 'panic' you take power off when pushing then Panic button, it will head for terra firma faster than you can say ' Oh my God!' (usually my language is a little more profane).

You will enjoy flying this heli, it has helped me and many others immensely but as previously stated give it plenty of room and height and stick to calm conditions until you become proficient.
Boeingpete is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2015, 03:02 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well said Boeingpete
Old 05-09-2015, 03:04 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I have made a couple of flights in the intermediate mode with about 175% motor setting and I find it is handling much better than the beginner mode.I have the 8 degree blades on it and the extreme fiberglass canopy so it is a little stinger that the stock canopy.
I find this heli a blast to fly and I am learning the stick movements.
I have a sim but the real thing helps a lot.
Thanks for everyone input.
Old 05-10-2015, 03:13 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Unhappy

Quote:
Thanks
If I'm correct in thinking - the 200 SR X actually has: 6 modes [Afro ESC required - 5 modes without]

1.Beginner - Lo
2.Beginner - Hi
3.intermeidate - Lo
4.Intermeidate - Hi
5.Advanced - [self level with Afro] [considering that recent post]
6.Advanced - [with out self level]

Voyage is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2015, 06:23 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

What is the difference between Hi and Lo
Thanks
Old 05-10-2015, 07:02 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
What is the difference between Hi and Lo
Thanks
Hi & Lo Rates

If you study the servo arms and flick in and out of Lo/Hi rate you'll notice the the arms travelling less in Lo Rate and more so in Hi Rate - I think I all so notice the speed of the servo speeding up and down with regard to those Hi and Lo rate modes ---
Voyage is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2015, 09:12 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

To add to the conversation..... high rate will make the heli respond "snappier" low rate will respond slower with less aggression.
Bill_Van is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2015, 09:59 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

One thing I would caution you on when switching from the self level modes to advanced or a cp heli. I think there is quite a bit of negative learning with the auto level. In beginner or intermediate to move forward or bank to make and hold the stick input think turning a car. Turn the wheel and you turn center it and you go straight.
That is not how you really fly. To bank to give a stick input and center the stick once you are at the bank you want. The heli will then stay in that bank till you change it. Hold the stick like you do in beginner or intermediate and you will soon me looking for the panic button.

its a totally different way of controlling the heli.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in