Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mCP X

mCP X Blade Micro CPx Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2012, 06:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default AR pin relocation

Hey all. Picked up an MCPX a few weeks ago and have been having a blast with the little thing. So much so that I bought another one. So one is pretty much stock, with just a longer tail boom, and the other is my modder, which I will eventually go brushless on. It has the frame stiffners from Astroid, KBDD skids and tail blades, longer tail boom with cat5 wire, boom support, and MH swash. I noticed that the MH swash has a provision for a rear AR pin, so I also ordered the part from Astroid to mod the stock frame. It appears though, that the part is made from delrin, and not many adhesives adhere to delrin. My question is what are you guys doing to secure this to the stock frame? I thought about screws, but there isn't much material there on the frame for screws. I would like something proven durable that won't come off the first time I crash Any suggestions will be appreciated and pics would be very helpful. Thanx.
Heli #1:Gaui 200V?/FBL/BeastX V2.05/Gaui 5600/CC25/5065 MG's/DS09 GMD/Spektrum Sat.
Heli #2:Gaui 200V?/FBL/Gaui 5600/CC 25 ESC/65 MG's/BeastX V3.08/DS09 GMD/Spektrum Sat.
dynodude is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2012, 07:00 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

There are 2 different rear ar guides on the website. The delrin one is designed to screw to the MH frame. The one for the stock frame is plastic and is secured using CA.

This is the one for use on stock frames.
http://astroid-designs.myshopify.com...oducts/product
Drivinfast247 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-07-2012, 07:31 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Thatsb the one I have. And I see, on closer inspection, that it is made of ABS, not delrin. So CA it is then. I'm sure I'm not the first to do this mod. What are y'alls impression of it on a stock heli? Thanxs.
Heli #1:Gaui 200V?/FBL/BeastX V2.05/Gaui 5600/CC25/5065 MG's/DS09 GMD/Spektrum Sat.
Heli #2:Gaui 200V?/FBL/Gaui 5600/CC 25 ESC/65 MG's/BeastX V3.08/DS09 GMD/Spektrum Sat.
Old 05-07-2012, 09:34 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynodude View Post
Thatsb the one I have. And I see, on closer inspection, that it is made of ABS, not delrin. So CA it is then. I'm sure I'm not the first to do this mod. What are y'alls impression of it on a stock heli? Thanxs.

Works very well. My helis all flip and loop much better, with no left aileron drift after I did the rear AR mod. One suggestion, when you glue the bracket on, use ca sparingly and only in a couple of small spots on each side. That way, if you break a frame and need to replace it, it isn't such a chore getting the bracket off. I glued one of mine on solid and pretty much destroyed the bracket getting it off a broken frame. There was barely enough left to glue on the new frame.....
65L88 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2012, 12:37 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yeah, well, I think it might be a little to late for that. I glued that sucker on pretty good. Even went so far as to file the contact edges to make channels on the edges fo more glue. Nothing exceeds like excess. I will just have to order a couple of those when they come back in stock for spares. I'll see how she flies in the morning, after everything is set. BTW, did you have to make a longer pin? mine was to short, so I found some 1/16 od alum. tube at LHS and used it to replace the short one the MH swash came with. I have enough tube to make enough to last a lifetime so if anyone needs one, send me a note. Thanx.
Old 05-08-2012, 10:02 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
BTW, did you have to make a longer pin? mine was to short, so I found some 1/16 od alum. tube at LHS and used it to replace the short one the MH swash came with. I have enough tube to make enough to last a lifetime so if anyone needs one, send me a note. Thanx.
No, I just pushed the sleeve part way on and used a little green loctite to hold it in place. I'd feel better if the sleeve was a little longer so I could press it all the way on the pin, though.
65L88 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2012, 10:46 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am using Dylan rear AR bracket but it was a bit short of the swash pin. So I just cut off the stock side bracket because it isn's need anymore and CA'd it to the Astrooid Design bracket.

Click image for larger version

Name:	005.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	314850

It came out pretty good!
Old 05-08-2012, 11:11 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65L88 View Post
No, I just pushed the sleeve part way on and used a little green loctite to hold it in place. I'd feel better if the sleeve was a little longer so I could press it all the way on the pin, though.
Hi Guys;

Do any of you know if MH sells that rear ball with extended thread separately, or if someone else sells something similar?

The reason I ask is my buddy has a broken swash that lost that rear ball, but I think there is enough meat on the arm for a new stud; I was wondering if I can 'franken' assemble a new stud, with pin, through that rear arm on his busted swash, and use it in conjunction with a new AR guide on the rear of the frame.

Dynodude, do you happen to remember what size was the Al tube you used for the pin portion? Figure I'll need to get that also if this project is viable...

Thanks in advance,

E.
Elmosaurus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2012, 11:58 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
It appears though, that the part is made from delrin, and not many adhesives adhere to delrin.
Not sure where you are getting this from, CA and epoxy stick fine to delrin. You may be thinking of UHMW or HDPE, both of which have typically horrible adhesion.
koko76 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2012, 01:15 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by koko76 View Post
Not sure where you are getting this from, CA and epoxy stick fine to delrin. You may be thinking of UHMW or HDPE, both of which have typically horrible adhesion.
LOL, well, the lab was closed so I couldn't run a proper chemical analysis. Seriously tho, turns out it is ABS, and CA worked fine. Took her out this morning and crash tested it and it aint goin nowhere. Flips seemed a little smoother and it tracked better through the arc. Now I just have to get my timing down a little better.
The alum. tube I used is 1/16 outside dia. The inside was just a little small so I opened it up with a 3/64 bit in a pin vise and CA'd it on. Works bitchin. If you can't find any shoot me your address and I will make you one and drop it in the mail.
Man, these things are sure fun to fly!!
Old 05-08-2012, 02:16 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
The alum. tube I used is 1/16 outside dia. The inside was just a little small so I opened it up with a 3/64 bit in a pin vise and CA'd it on. Works bitchin. If you can't find any shoot me your address and I will make you one and drop it in the mail.
Man, these things are sure fun to fly!!
Ok, thanks for the offer; let me find out if it's even possible to source the ball with extended shank before I go nuts on this idea. If I can get that, then I'll look for the tube, and if I can't source any, I'll drop you a PM as a last resort.

Cheers!

E.
Old 05-08-2012, 04:24 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmosaurus View Post
Hi Guys;

Do any of you know if MH sells that rear ball with extended thread separately, or if someone else sells something similar?

The reason I ask is my buddy has a broken swash that lost that rear ball, but I think there is enough meat on the arm for a new stud; I was wondering if I can 'franken' assemble a new stud, with pin, through that rear arm on his busted swash, and use it in conjunction with a new AR guide on the rear of the frame.

Dynodude, do you happen to remember what size was the Al tube you used for the pin portion? Figure I'll need to get that also if this project is viable...

Thanks in advance,

E.
http://www.wowhobbies.com/mhe-mh-mcp...style-2-1.aspx
Old 05-08-2012, 04:35 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drivinfast247 View Post
AWESOME.

Thank you so much. I spent like two hours trying to find it on many sites, but just didn't know what the heck to call it under search terms.

Okay... one step closer. Now I gotta see if my buddy threw out his broken swash yet...

E.
Old 05-08-2012, 05:39 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmosaurus View Post
AWESOME.

Thank you so much. I spent like two hours trying to find it on many sites, but just didn't know what the heck to call it under search terms.

Okay... one step closer. Now I gotta see if my buddy threw out his broken swash yet...

E.
Old 05-08-2012, 09:08 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

While you're waiting for the ball, you could go epoxy all the way. I did that, epoxied an old a-r guide on the back and epoxied a bit of cf rod to the back of the swash, and it has stayed together for two weeks of flying and much ground impacts.

Jumna is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in