Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Hirobo Nitro Helicopters

Hirobo Nitro Helicopters Hirobo Freya Evo Eagle Helicopters Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2006, 07:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Blades coming out of track around 0 degrees, please help.

I fly an evo 50, with a hyper 50 and CY radix blades. I recently purchased the CY governor since i have been doing more 3d and i was having problems with the blades overspeeding. Long story short the second i put the governor on it fixed the problem immediately, since then i had one some what hard landing after a tail blew out on me. I replaced the main shaft and the feathering spindle now in v curve right around 0 degrees it is doing it again, the blades are coming out of track. I checked all the screws where the servo tray meets the main frame and they are all tight (i had a screw loose once and this was the problem, it was causing the blades to come in and out of track.

I know this sounds like a stupid question but if i replace all 3 bearings that the main shaft comes in contact with in the main frame would this fix my problem? i just dont want to start spending a lot of money replacing things that don't need to be replaced, where would you start? BTW yes all the linkages are fine. Thanks in advance. -Joey
TCU 02xp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2006, 07:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
BTW yes all the linkages are fine.
...famous last words. IOW, it wouldn't hurt to check them again. Look for hairline cracks on links and all other plastic head parts and, also, bent ball link screws (the ones that go through the balls). Bent screws can be especially hard to find. There are other possibilities, like internally damaged blade grips or damaged gears in the collective pitch servo (HPM).
Good luck.
321 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-18-2006, 11:02 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Check your thrust bearings, and the fit between the radial bearings and the plastic grips, my bet is your radial bearings one of them is a loose or sloppy fit in the grips.
http://www.jaxrc.com
BarracudaHockey is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2006, 09:32 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

So it sounds like you guys don't think the main bearings are the problem?
Old 12-19-2006, 10:59 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCU 02xp
So it sounds like you guys don't think the main bearings are the problem?
I don't like the idea of ruling anything out completely, but have never come across anyone claiming to have solved mistracking with main bearing replacement. Have you? Examples of more commonly cited factors involving mistracking, some of which have already been mentioned, are worn dampeners, damage in the linkages, loose mounting of the collective pitch servo, damage/improper installation of blade grip thrust bearings, damaged blade grips and aft blade chordwise balance (inherent blade design characteristics).

Also, since this problem coincides with the addition of a governor, it might help to try a different headspeed.

BTW, it isn't a bad idea to check the main bearings for damage following a crash since a rough bearing could cause glitching.
Old 12-20-2006, 07:21 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

the center head of the evo isn't terribly survivable in a crash. Most of the time out of track conditions at 0 pitch is the head block not seating correctly (We all learned this from raptors right?). The evo head will flare at the bottom and rock on the main shaft, and or not be straight with the main shaft. This was the culprit when I could not get my evo to track even after I tried all teh typical avenues of solutions.
Old 12-20-2006, 07:51 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

That's a good tidbit of information, Ivan.

Oh, how I could tell you a story about a flared headblock on a Raptor, but that's a whole other thread (and then some).
Old 12-21-2006, 12:42 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I think we all had our dealings with the raptor woof.
Old 12-21-2006, 08:31 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Also check the plastic seesaw. Mine had a hairline crack that caused the same symptoms. You may not be able to see the crack so apply some pressure.
Gscott is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2006, 11:02 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

You guys are great, thats why i love this sight. Thank you soo much for all the tips, a lot of I didn't even think of especially the center hub. I'm off work tomorrow so i'll tear it apart and let you know what i come up with. Thanks again everyone!
Old 12-21-2006, 11:14 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well i took apart the blade grips and check out the bearings, and thrust bearings. Apparently one of my bearings in the blade grip is a little notchy and sounds like it is dry. I'm headed to the LHS tomorrow to replace all 4 bearings in the grips just to be safe. I'll let you guys know if this was the problem. Thanks again for you help. -Joey
Old 12-22-2006, 12:04 PM   #12 (permalink)
Gus
Registered Users

My HF Map location

TCU 02xp,
Also check part number 0412-105. I have seen this part loosen up on crashes, and will cause a varity of problems. If there is any play between it and the main shaft, I replace it.
Gus...
Synergy E5s, Goblin 380KSE, Gaui X3, Beam E4, T-Rex 250 Pro, MX-155, CF-226, CF-258, F1-5, F1-6, Chameleon, AcroWhoop V2 (2), Convergence VTOL, SK SlowHawk 2, SK ParkHawk 4, Bionic Bird, CF Wing, ThunderBird EDF Jet.
Gus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2006, 09:14 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Gus... That is the Hub they were refering to. If they loosen up they are usually bent. I think I have had one that did not do that out of about 10 crashes. I change them now then check them on a lathe after a crash.
SteveL is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in