Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mCP X

mCP X Blade Micro CPx Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2012, 03:15 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default microheli upgrades with original electronics?

Hi guys!

Been flying my mCP X v2 for a few weeks now and she has about 150 fligts on her. My swash has had a few bangs (because of me not the crashes) but I am still amazed about how amazing this lil' heli flies!

However, many parts are broke and loose so I am thinking to upgrade the lil' bird. I am thinking of a microheli frame, tail and rotor head upgrade.

I don't feel rdy yet as a pilot to go brushless (I will do that with time). So I am keeping my original motor (working really well) and electronics.

My question is: Will I be able to use the original motor and electronics in the microheli frame?

Thanks a bunch! And to top it off, here are some nice photos in flight

KristoferSwe is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2012, 03:33 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes you sure can. The only electronics you can really upgrade would be the motor and battery but stock will work fine withe microheli upgrades.
youturnjason is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2012, 03:42 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Super!

Thanks man! Then I will place my order. I guess it's not long until I get myself a brushless motor and ESC.

There seam to be so many choices out there. But like it as clean as possible. While I am here.

Any good suggestions? I have not read so much yet, but will educate myself better before the conversion
Old 05-02-2012, 03:48 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you want a simple upgrade grab a c05m + 10a pnp esc. Similar headspeed as stock but way less blowouts and bogging (Also lighter so crashes just as well).

Personally the only microheli upgrade I found worth it was the swashplate, because I kept breaking balls off my original one. Other upgrade I haven't really noticed a difference in performance, but others have had increases in performance.
Old 05-02-2012, 04:14 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok,

Yeah, thats exactly what I need right now as well, a new swash! But my landing gear is glued and not olding up and the main frame is really weak at one spot. I guess I wont notice a big difference in the other parts, but at least it will held up. I rather buy upgrades than new original landing gear, frame etc.
Old 05-02-2012, 05:49 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have 2 mcpx's

My v1 has
- Mh x Frame
-X Swash
-MH grips
_mH rotor head

My V2 has
-Mh Swash

I prefer my v1, it has alittle more weight but not enuf to feel bogged down or even really noticible but it is so much more crisp and predictable. The 2 main upgrade i think you should invest in are a X swash and X frame from MH or whatever company you choose.

Since having the frame i have had no broken frame posts and no more landing gear getting stuck in the frame. Worth every penny imo. The swash is also a great upgrade, i was having trouble with stock swash balls breaking or nearly coming off and decided it was time for a swash upgrade. The cyclic inputs seem much more crisp and have had 0 issues with it since, and even bought a extra for the v2.

MH Grips and rotor head are a worthwhile upgrade if you have the money but imo are less of a necessity. The head is nice so you dont lose links which is why i got it and it has saved me a lot of links so far. The grips i enjoy becuase they have 0 lateral play in them compared to the stock ones. Whatever you get you will enjoy.
branmuffin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2012, 06:33 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sounds hreat!

WHats the difference from the "normal" MH frame and the X frame? Is it only to have the anti rotation rod in the back?

Dose that really matter where you have it? I am thinking of going with the nromal frame.
Old 05-02-2012, 07:36 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Actually my bad branmuffin does make a good point. The X frame is definitely worth it for the A/R relocation.

Kris while your heli is on the ground give forward and backward cyclic and watch the swash. You'll notice it twists to the left as you go forward and doesn't move straight. This is due to the location of the A/R bracket. All they needed to do was put the A/R pin higher it didn't need to be at the back but that silly design decision makes it twist. You may or may not have noticed in flight your heli goes a bit to the left on forward cyclic.
Old 05-02-2012, 07:46 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Agreed on the X Frame and the relocated A/R bracket along with the X Swashplate. I have this on my HP06V2 setup and the elevator control is noticeably better. Very easy to replace canopy mounts on this setup when you break them like I did yesterday in a pretty spectacular (for an mCPX) crash.
Chris Gardill is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2012, 08:05 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

youturnjason´: I just noticed that a few days ago when I was fiddeling with my servos.

Just to clear everything up. We are talking about this frame right?
http://www.microheli.com/store/produ...roducts_id/673

and his swash?
http://www.microheli.com/store/produ...roducts_id/678

Ok then. Time to upgrade this baby! When I feel the motor is giving up on me I will get me a brushless!

BTW is it worth it getting an extended boom? I like how small and tight the heli is now. But I guess I will be putting a 120 motor in the back when converting to brushless, is the larger boom needed then or can I fly on my standard?
Old 05-02-2012, 08:08 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yep those are the ones!

It depends on what motor you go with, if you go with a c05m then extended boom is fine, but if you go with a more powerful motor you'll want a sr120 tail or dual-tail. C05m requires alot less modifying and keeps the lightness and crashability of the mcpx. HP05s or bigger turn it into a screamer but then its no longer really an mcpx anymore
Old 05-02-2012, 08:19 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Oh, then it really sounds like I wanna go with the c05m!

So if I go with that motor, the original tail motor and a extended boom would hold it? Or may I even keep my shorter boom?
Old 05-02-2012, 08:25 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

I went extended while i was still stock cause my boom kept breaking and wanted a solid one so I can't say how stock will hold, although if you aren't experience blowouts with stock then it should be fine, as the brushless motor draws power from the esc not the 3in1 so it means the tail doesn't get its current stolen by the main motor.
Old 05-02-2012, 08:31 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well I get some blowouts and these 1/4 turns now and then. More often after 2-3mins of flying. Guess an power issue. So maybe I should look into the extended to be sure

Thanks for all the info!
Old 05-02-2012, 08:39 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

No worries!

Trust me once you get a c05m in there you will fall in love with your mcpx even more
Old 05-02-2012, 09:12 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sent you a PM youturnjason
Old 05-02-2012, 10:16 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

One thing to think about with the x frame and swash; if you reverse the front servos in the mounts you will need two more straight rear servo links rather than the stock ones with the right angle bends. I missed that detail when I ordered the kit and had to rob a link from another and fab the third.
Hell, lots of Helicopters. Lots. Airplanes and Quads too.
Unless this is my wife reading this, then just a couple.
rkweekly is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2012, 03:37 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Where's the best place to get the c05m + 10a pnp esc? Is it fully PNP meaning no soldering needed, no other electronic parts needed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by youturnjason View Post
If you want a simple upgrade grab a c05m + 10a pnp esc. Similar headspeed as stock but way less blowouts and bogging (Also lighter so crashes just as well).
Tony777 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2012, 07:59 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Astroid is one of the favorites of the forum, as far as the PNP c05 setup goes.

An extended tail boom is easy to do, and cheap (~$2 for a length of solid 2mm carbon fiber rod, and a few minutes trimming it down to 145-150mm and sanding on the flat spots). Definitely recommend it hands-down on a stock (night and day difference!), and as I understand it, is 100% necessary for a c05 setup unless you're going for an upgraded tail motor. At which point, why not just go for an hp05 setup instead?
Old 05-03-2012, 12:52 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

I read somewhere that the M5 motor is a simpler install as compared to the C05M motor because less frame modding is needed, is that true?
Tony777 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in