Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 400

Blade 400 Blade Helicopters (eFlite) 400 Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2012, 02:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default New to Atlanta Area

Hey guys,
I'm new to flying Helicopters and I know I will need people for help. I live in Newnan and I know about the Coweta field. But I'm not an AMA member yet. I crashed my blade 400 and I haven't got it back to how it was. Looking for anyone whos willing to help.
Thanks
jmoyer8 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-08-2012, 06:24 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi and welcome to the addiction! The B400 is a decent bird, but as a new guy like me, you'll find you will crash and repair a lot. Good thing is, the B400 is cheap to fix. Good luck and happy flying.
Old 06-03-2012, 10:29 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

JMoyer,
I actually live in Newnan (Summergrove) and fly a Blade 400 and an MCPx. I was out at the Soccer fields on Hwy 16 today buzzing them around. I'm happy to help. I wouldn't call myself a PRO, but I know just about every square inch of the B400. I started flying planes when I was 10 (25 years ago) and took on helis about 3 years ago.

I used to be a member of the Flying Griffins, but time has been short recently and I mostly have been flying helis and/or park flyers in some local fields. The Coweta club is good as well (they have a nice setup out there) and a few folks that fly Helis. Atlanta RC is probably the biggest (more helis) but it is quite a hike from Newnan.

As for HOBBY shops:
Allison Performance Hobby is the closest on the square. They have a decent amount of parts. Stan (owner) is a really nice guy, but definitely not a heli guy.

The Hobby Stop (Stockbridge) - probably the BEST in the area for selection/helpfulness/knowledge. It is a 40 min drive though...

HobbyTown USA - Barrett Parkway (Kennesaw): One of the largest Hobby shops in the US. Lots of parts. Some of the folks know helis really well, but getting some time with the folks there is really tough. My experience at least.

PM me if you need any help - happy to take a look at the 400.
Dizzyflyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-03-2012, 10:51 PM   #4 (permalink)

I'll be down your way in a few weeks...family is in Newnan...be glad to give ya a hand if ya still need it!
helihaven is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-20-2012, 01:11 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Welcome to the area im in haralson county buchana me and my dad fly ata simi private field but if your ever in area i be glad to talk with ya the hobbyshops listed are good but hobbytown in kenesaw noone there knows crap i used to be there andwhen. They firedme they lost custermers anyhow happy flying a b400 taught me a whole bunch

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using Tapatalk 2

Epoweredrc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-15-2012, 02:12 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Are the Soccer field your talking about across form the QT on 34.
jmoyer8 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in