Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > Multi Rotor Support > DJI Multirotor Support > Flamewheel Multirotor Support

Flamewheel Multirotor Support Flamewheel Multirotor Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2014, 08:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default ordered my F550!

So, I ordered the DJI F550 ARF with E300 and Naza-m v2. LHS was 10 bucks more than the lowest online price I found, no shipping, and if it is damaged, its all on them.

So here goes the fun!
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2014, 08:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sweet! Have fun!
Old 10-15-2014, 08:50 PM   #3 (permalink)
HF MR Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by heliworm View Post
So, I ordered the DJI F550 ARF with E300 and Naza-m v2. LHS was 10 bucks more than the lowest online price I found, no shipping, and if it is damaged, its all on them.

So here goes the fun!
And the addiction begins! yes, have fun! Who is your local shop by the way?
Old 10-15-2014, 09:16 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by clouseau View Post
And the addiction begins! yes, have fun! Who is your local shop by the way?
Big Boy Toys, Lafayette, Louisiana. Great folks to deal with, very supportive, especially with addictions.
Old 10-15-2014, 09:36 PM   #5 (permalink)
HF MR Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by heliworm View Post
Big Boy Toys, Lafayette, Louisiana. Great folks to deal with, very supportive, especially with addictions.
Yep, those guys are great folks! The sold me a JR 11x which was supposed to be a DSMX version, as even the box said it was. But they opened the box before I got out the door and caught it was a DSM2 version instead and immediately got mine sent off to HH and upgraded to the DSMX version free of charge. They also turned around and gave me a huge discount on the radio for the whole mix up.
Old 10-15-2014, 11:01 PM   #6 (permalink)
HF MR Support

Your wallet will be sorry, but you're gonna love what you can do with that bird. BTW, a '69 Chevelle is probably the car I'd most love to have. My son likes to wrench on his rice burners and I keep telling him that for the same money (well, maybe a bit more) and time, he could build a real muscle car, like a '69 Chevelle!

Pilot, Team Lavaquad
Big Island Guy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-16-2014, 05:45 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

The Chevelle is a blast. Its my mistress. 377 ci stroker motor, aluminum heads, all forged rotating kit in the motor. They are money pits though. You have to draw a line somewhere. Some day.
Old 10-16-2014, 07:52 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default another one hooked

your hooked now. LOL your going to love this MR hobby and when you get into FPVing there will be no turning back. Just get the wallet out and take your last look of what its like to have money in it. Every week I say what can I get this week.
Old 10-16-2014, 09:25 PM   #9 (permalink)

I am suffering through a terrible withdrawal right now. I have so many birds to fly but can get only to one. I manage a hotel property in Mississippi but my stuff is in Louisiana. I thought to bring one of the F450's with me but I want my F550 so bad.
It's my camera ship and I need to get some pics of the roofs here.

See? It's an addiction. Fortunately The Monkey is still down in Houma...
setishock is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-16-2014, 09:31 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

So much to learn, my head is swimming. Havent even seen the first motor and already I am quwstioning the stock props, my radio choice, programming. Just so many opinions....
Old 10-17-2014, 08:33 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Old 10-17-2014, 09:59 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Soooo..... I've got the F550 with E300 and Naza M V2 coming. Other than the radio and Rx that I have yet to make a decision on, what else will I need to get the model flying? I understand the NazaM comes with the GPS bits. I'll add the gimble and camera later, but just to get the model flying (?) batteries of course.
Old 10-17-2014, 10:11 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Mise well download the naza software and get familiar with it. Then you can upgrade the firmware if its not up to date.

And read up on the gps calibration. First time around might be alittle confusing. Youtube if not...
Old 10-17-2014, 10:19 AM   #14 (permalink)

The E300 kit struts its stuff best on a 4s battery. I have 2 of the Luminier 4s 5200 35c batteries. http://www.getfpv.com/batteries/flig...o-battery.html

Even though the battery weighs in at a tad over 500gms, the F550/E300 can lift it and a gimbal/camera with ease.
setishock is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-17-2014, 11:24 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by setishock View Post
The E300 kit struts its stuff best on a 4s battery. I have 2 of the Luminier 4s 5200 35c batteries. http://www.getfpv.com/batteries/flig...o-battery.html

Even though the battery weighs in at a tad over 500gms, the F550/E300 can lift it and a gimbal/camera with ease.
Have you used a different blade from the stock ones?
Maybe you answered that already?! So much info to process! Add to that that I'm trying to get my heli to HH for evaluation of the ESC, and an issue with a canopy, and the ever bothersome daily work load. So much! LOL
Old 10-17-2014, 02:46 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by daneger21 View Post
Mise well download the naza software and get familiar with it. Then you can upgrade the firmware if its not up to date.

And read up on the gps calibration. First time around might be alittle confusing. Youtube if not...
Thanks, Downloaded and checked out a vid.
Old 10-18-2014, 08:25 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default research

I spent months aking questions and taking notes before I dropped around $1500.00 into my FPVing TBS Discovery. I went with all the good stuff right from the start so I didnt waste any money having to upgrade later. Learning how to fly and getting you MR all tuned correctly is highly recommended before you put any FPV gear on it. Some of this stuff takes time to learn and understand so I would suggest taking it slow and doing it right the first time . If you want to rush into it get a toy and play with that while your building your F-550. Ask as many questions as needed to learn all you can . these things can get overwhelming since there is so many things to learn about to get one set up right. But Its mostly plug and play and not as bad as it really seems. I suggest getting a Taranis Radio and watch you tube videos and how to set it up to fly your M.R. If you need any help I can link you the info so make all the needed steps less intimidating. Good luck in your quest to fly Muli rotors. once you get use to the concept you'll be hooked like the rest of us.
Old 10-18-2014, 09:05 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by T/CHunter2009 View Post
I spent months aking questions and taking notes before I dropped around $1500.00 into my FPVing TBS Discovery. I went with all the good stuff right from the start so I didnt waste any money having to upgrade later. Learning how to fly and getting you MR all tuned correctly is highly recommended before you put any FPV gear on it. Some of this stuff takes time to learn and understand so I would suggest taking it slow and doing it right the first time . If you want to rush into it get a toy and play with that while your building your F-550. Ask as many questions as needed to learn all you can . these things can get overwhelming since there is so many things to learn about to get one set up right. But Its mostly plug and play and not as bad as it really seems. I suggest getting a Taranis Radio and watch you tube videos and how to set it up to fly your M.R. If you need any help I can link you the info so make all the needed steps less intimidating. Good luck in your quest to fly Muli rotors. once you get use to the concept you'll be hooked like the rest of us.
Thank you! I've cut my teeth on a Blade 200SRX(not the best rc aircraft to learn on!), then bought a cheap quad, and fell in love. Starting with a base bird, then will add accessories a bit at a time.
Old 10-18-2014, 11:10 PM   #19 (permalink)
HF MR Support

What Seti and T/C said. Go with the 4S batteries and get really comfortable with your new bird just flying line of sight before you add the FPV stuff, For one thing, if there are any nasty surprises at the beginning, it's better to find out before you strap on all that expensive FPV gear. For that matter, your first flight or two shouldn't even have any camera gear on there, just in case you've overlooked something and she just flops over and eats dirt. It is SO easy to overlook something idiotic and it's better to find out before any camera gear is on there. And as for the props, I'd stick with the ones the E300 kit comes with, for now at least. They are really very efficient and you'd have to spend a lot more to do even marginally better.
Oh, and one other thing. As T/C said, have a good look at the money in your wallet, because you and it will soon part ways with this addiction!

Pilot, Team Lavaquad
Big Island Guy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2014, 11:29 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Might buy the same
bluetag is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in