Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Mikado Logo Helicopters > Mikado Logo 700 Xxtreme

Mikado Logo 700 Xxtreme Mikado Logo 700 Xxtreme Helicopters Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2016, 04:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Goblin 700 metal tail blade grips on an xxtreme 700

Don't be to rough on me but I was at Ircha and I was looking at the black goblin tail blade grips on the nitro and I was wondering if any one tried them on the xxtreme?? They look pretty decent and the shaft size is the same. I have no problem with the plastic I was just woundering???
Thanks
marke is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-08-2016, 09:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

IMO the Xxtreme 700 has the best holding tail on a 700 size heli ,

why would you mess with that ,especially with an inferior product .
sorry but it makes no sense at all what your suggesting , and yes i am taking it easy on you.
Fasster is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-2016, 05:10 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fasster View Post
IMO the Xxtreme 700 has the best holding tail on a 700 size heli ,

why would you mess with that ,especially with an inferior product .
sorry but it makes no sense at all what your suggesting , and yes i am taking it easy on you.
Wow that's taken it easy on me?? Why do you say the grips are inferior ? Do you know of some issues with them?
Ok then.. it was just a question I have far amount of experience with the 700 and 800. Yes the tails are very good. Just wondered if any one tried them. But thanks for your post. If any one has tried them please let me know. Thank you I don't want to start a rumble.
Old 08-09-2016, 06:55 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by marke View Post
Wow that's taken it easy on me?? Why do you say the grips are inferior ? Do you know of some issues with them?
Ok then.. it was just a question I have far amount of experience with the 700 and 800. Yes the tails are very good. Just wondered if any one tried them. But thanks for your post. If any one has tried them please let me know. Thank you I don't want to start a rumble.
sorry ,i re read what i wrote and it does sound a bit harsh .

IMO the goblins tail does not hold as nearly as well as the logos tail . the logo Xxtreme 700's tail is as good as it gets . so why would you want to change that ?. (tolerances are much better on a logo)

if Mikado thought that a metal tail grip was a better solution i'm sure they would of gone that way , but by all means give it a go .
Fasster is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2016, 08:07 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fasster View Post
sorry ,i re read what i wrote and it does sound a bit harsh .

IMO the goblins tail does not hold as nearly as well as the logos tail . the logo Xxtreme 700's tail is as good as it gets . so why would you want to change that ?. (tolerances are much better on a logo)

if Mikado thought that a metal tail grip was a better solution i'm sure they would of gone that way , but by all means give it a go .
I agree-the LOGO Tail on the 700 and 800 is truly unmatched--I have seen many crashes and the tail blade grips always survive -its amazing--Its just I own a 480 (my first Mikado) and have had nothing but trouble with the tail with wag-so I had 2 Options: change the tail servo-$140.00 for a more robust servo or replace the grips and hubs with Quick UK aluminum grips $40.00-went with the tail grips and that solved the problem-still running the Savox servo with a perfect tail..of course its a bit more weight but my flying style doesn't notice it..
this was just my experience cant place to much on it..
ill be building my own 700 XXtreme very soon so at this point am just shopping for the goodies..i know it will be heaver then the new one but I cant help how good the older one looks-I love the carbon and the canopy--

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in