Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 250 Class Electric Helicopters

250 Class Electric Helicopters 250 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2011, 04:52 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default FBL 250, madness?

I dont know what happened, but I'm thinking about goung FBL on my Trex250. Abit of a joke really, as I have never in my struggeled as much with any heli as I have the 250. The tail on it has been various degress of shitty, crazy wagging resulting in crashes from even forward flying, to where it at today where the tail will slip maybe 30 degress during fast climbouts before it resenters. Like it it today, I can atleast fly it and do some basic stuff like flipping, flying inverted and suchs. I have not dared to push it much harder than this indoor yet, but I would not be surprised if a tic-toc brought it down pretty quick. I have rebult the tail maybe 5-6 times, tried weight mode and 2-3 new tailrotos.

Anyway, I was wondering if I should try the Microbeast and see how it fairs with that. I', currently running the 401 gyro with a DS290 tailservo, but a Microbeats might open up the possibility of using a bigger servo like the 9257?

All thats needed for going Flybarless is a headconversion like this: http://www.century-rc.com/ecs/produc...47&kind_id=718
And ofcourse a Microbeast unit?

Is this just silly and a waist of money seeing as I never could get the damned thing to fly straight to beginwith, or does it make some sence? I have no problem flying it once everythings working, but the tail has always been a big issue for me.
felborn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2011, 11:02 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Many people are running the BEAST X in their 250, with great success.
I am running the BEASTX with the 3G head, seems to be the most popular head when going FBL on a 250. I tried the FBL conversion from Mikado and didn't like it one bit.
The BEAST X fits perfect in between the frames, and you don't need to run a RX, just get the BEASTX Sat RX adapter...

ALL has been working great for me.

OH yeah check out the Official Response from Align re-guarding tail issues with the 250. in this thread.
FurryTrex is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2011, 12:21 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

do it, hehe

OCFlys Trex 250 BeastX build videos (helping a fellow freak)
nexgen is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2011, 12:33 PM   #4 (permalink)
BTB
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I think you should try and fix all of the problems that you are having with the tail before you convert over to fbl. Why chase problems later when you can fix them now. Im sure the beastx is a good fll unit but I dont thik I will magically fix yor tail issues.
BTB is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2011, 01:00 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nexgen just built my MicroBeast FBL Trex 250 along with a FBL Gaui 200. I am really loving the 250 FBL.

There's slight drift that I am trying to dial out but the tail on my 250 is ROCK SOLID. No issues..
OCFly is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2011, 04:12 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Did you talk to assuranceRC about a replacement tail HUB. Align issued a recall, if you will, should help alot of people out with their tail issues.
FurryTrex is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-22-2011, 06:57 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I think you should try and fix all of the problems that you are having with the tail before you convert over to fbl. Why chase problems later when you can fix them now. Im sure the beastx is a good fll unit but I dont thik I will magically fix yor tail issues.
This is true. The MB did not fix my tail problems. In the end I wound up with a FBL 250 that wagged worse than it did before it was flybarless. I'm sure it was my issue; however, slapping a FBL unit on it definitely didn't make it any easier.
Old 03-22-2011, 08:43 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Got a vbar on my 250 - I never got the tail to work consistently before, but it seems to be fixed just like that. Previously, with the Align gyro, I could get it to hold without twitching, but the gain was so sensitive that even as the battery ran down and the headspeed changed, the ideal gain setting would change. It's much more robust now.
wlfk is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-22-2011, 09:01 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default some setup ??'s about my t-250 is this a good combo and how to program esc?

heres what i have on tap for my trex 250 beasx project.
  1. beastx with dsm2 satelite
  2. scorpion 2206-3900 kv motor
  3. phoenix 25 esc
  4. align ds410m servos
  5. FULL MICROHELI PRO TAIL SETUP
  6. CARBON FIBRE SERVO ROD
  7. JRDS290G SERVO
will all this stuff work in harmony? did i choose the right things for a good heli? dont be afraid to comment and i would totally love any tips or advice as specially on tail setup and phoenix 25 esc. is this a good esc and bec combo for the trex 250 or do i still need a bec cause i got one on my old align bl15x esc. witch one should i use for better performance? i think the phoenix is a better choice for mounting but as far as programing im lost. i think i can make it through the confuseing mess i just dont know what parameters to put in. please help.
thanks for all helifreaks... i love this site
CHIEF-X is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-22-2011, 09:25 PM   #10 (permalink)
BTB
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I would recomend using a mini size servo on the 250. I didnt like the 290g at all as soon as I started doing more than hovering the servo started to crap out. There are tons of guys using the cc25 in the 250 forum so setup help should not be a issue, If you have any problems just ask and your fellow freaks will answer. I think you should add these things to your finish off your build list. Good luck with your conversion

1 pack of plastic ball links
Scorpion bearing oil kit
scorpion mod 0.4 pinion set
BTB is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2011, 02:39 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

the Scorpion 3900 and CC 25 is a good match IMO. Tail issues are the major issue with the 250, I had some wag and was able to reduce it with some mods to the tail linkage and CNC parts. it is solid typically but started a slow wag recently. I just installed the beastx on it thus I have not finished setting it up (waiting on the sat adapter). SO we shall see if that resolves the wag or not.

My 250 uses the DS410 & DS420 servo's. Take alook at my pictures for my 250 and how it was and is setup today,
Trex 550E FS Vbar Pro 5.2- EXI-450T Mini Vbar Pro 5.2 - EXI 450T BeastX - Trex 250SE - mCPx v1 Hp05 & HP06 w/HP03t tails - AMA #952544
Starcruiser is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-24-2011, 07:39 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

get the tail working properly before you fit the BeastX. Just my 2 cents..
Old 03-24-2011, 08:30 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

it was, then developed a slight wag, not sure if it was binding or something else.
Trex 550E FS Vbar Pro 5.2- EXI-450T Mini Vbar Pro 5.2 - EXI 450T BeastX - Trex 250SE - mCPx v1 Hp05 & HP06 w/HP03t tails - AMA #952544
Starcruiser is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2011, 02:09 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Well, lets dust of this. I decided to try the BeastX on the 250 instead of the 450, and it really seems like the right choice. The 250 is actually enjoable now, and I have done things like tic-tocs, funnels and inverted backwards flying, things that was NOT a option running the 401 gyro. There are still some issues, but thats down the the horrible Align tail and no electronic is gonna fix that, but atleast now I can actually enjoy flying the little thing again, and actually use it for something more usefull that just basic hovering training which was pretty much what it could handle before the BeastX
felborn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in