Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > For Sale Forums – KNOW your buyer/seller ratings! No Price bashing. NO FIREARMS > Stolen, Ripoffs and Scammer alerts

Stolen, Ripoffs and Scammer alerts Post your theft, scammed, ripped off reports here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2012, 04:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Unhappy Hobby King: Forewarned is Forearmed

I want to alert the community to an ongoing experience I’m having with Hobby King to save everyone the experience I have to endure as a Hobby King customer.
I placed an order last Monday for a pair of nano tech 6S 65C batteries. When I tried to pay the website forwarded me to their PayPal site. I paid the amount listed with my credit card and have proof in the form of a screen capture; further my card has been charged the full amount.
However, more than 24 hours later my order shows as unpaid.
· When I called their number I get an automated message saying all agents are busy and it NEVER connects to anyone, just repeats the same message.
· When I initiate a chat to resolve this, the chat tool never connects me to an agent; again, no matter the time of day or night I never connect to anyone.
· I opened a ticket online with Hobby King and they automatically declared the issue resolved without even addressing the order status or receipt of my funds on PayPal or anywhere else. They have yet to respond to any further communication including a request to cancel the order.
I called my bank and after a few days on the phone with my bank fraud detection department I’ve learned the following.
· My bank is advising me to have my cards reissued as they have seen a pattern of credit card fraud with customers doing business with “HexTronik Limited” which is Hobby King.
· Further my bank is noticing a recurring issue with “HexTronik Limited” customers going into dispute resolution with VISA after placing orders with Hobby King.
· My bank is advising me they “HexTronik Limited” have been uncommunicative with them to resolve billing disputes in the past.
At best this is horrific customer service at worst, fraud.
Either way I will never do business with Hobby King and would advise anyone to be very careful with them. Dealing with them and their issues is now costing me dearly in terms of time and money to clear up. Unacceptable!
DougB412 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2012, 05:41 PM   #2 (permalink)

My HF Map location

I've ordered from them about three times in three years, didn't have any problems.

You can't expect Ready Heli type of service and shipping from HK.
Old 03-20-2012, 07:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have used them since 2008 and had my first problem a couple weeks ago when I purchased some batteries. It showed "waiting for payment" or whatever its says, I waited a hour, no change so I hopped on the chat function and gave them the transaction number and it was resolved. Batteries at my door 2 days later.
americas911 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2012, 07:31 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I've had the same issue with them the last couple of orders I have placed with them except it wasn't with my credit card but with paypal.
JR 9503
Allen Sullivan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2012, 08:30 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by americas911 View Post
I have used them since 2008 and had my first problem a couple weeks ago when I purchased some batteries. It showed "waiting for payment" or whatever its says, I waited a hour, no change so I hopped on the chat function and gave them the transaction number and it was resolved. Batteries at my door 2 days later.
Was that with the USA warehouse? There is no way you got batts from china in 2 days!! The last order I made years ago took almost a month!!
Old 03-20-2012, 11:29 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yep, it was the USA warehouse! No way I would order bats from HK.
americas911 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2012, 11:37 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Your bank must have a lot of RC enthusiasts as customers.

Seriously though, I hope you get it sorted out. Even well respected vendors have had their issues when it's come to credit cards. The bad part is you'll not get the kind of response from overseas as you would from the more respected vendors.

I've made several purchases from HK in the last few years and they've all went well.
Old 03-21-2012, 02:07 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

i have paid thru paypal many of times and some situations the payment from paypal to the company isn't cleared or processed for a few days. i don't think it's hobby kings fault. also some order status isn't updated right away. gotta give them time and also put in consideration the time zone difference. some do not process in 24hrs...some do immediately. i think you are wrong in this situation.
AMA #1039539
ddj74 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2012, 02:37 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I've noticed that the site shows unpaid but it still got processed like normal. I have placed numerous order in the pass few weeks and didn't have any problem.
Old 03-21-2012, 07:22 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

@ americas911 - I would love to order from the USA warehouse but unfortunately they don't have the packs I need

I'm finding fewer and fewer positive responses on various forums about HK and their way of doing business. I was hoping this would play out differently as I am looking to purchase at least one set of 6s 5000 mah packs and was liking the HK price!! I guess I may have to go with the lower C rated Gens Ace packs from Hobby Partz.
Old 03-21-2012, 08:21 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

"GOOD, CHEAP, or FAST" Please pick any two!

I pick good and cheap and play with my kiddos or other helis, while I wait!!!
Seriously 5$ nice painted 450 canopies and 3s, 2200 mah 90 c lipos for 15$ with WARRANTY, how do you complain about that. Bet to just place your order and get immediately in the que to chat with a rep, I've never waited less than 15 - 20 min just go do something and check back, they won't go away immediately. Really is a nice option for us "Non Top Shelfers!"

Danny H.
"SUPER-STROKER" is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2012, 08:09 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Hobby King AAAA+++++

They are 100 percent positive with all my orders....I order what I need and usually wait about three weeks...Instant gradification..they are not.....If U are the type that get your shorts in a knot easily.....................Then Hobby King is not for U
dave22250 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-22-2012, 01:41 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave22250 View Post
If U are the type that get your shorts in a knot easily.....................Then Hobby King is not for U
+1. I have placed 15-20 orders with no problems to speak of. The time in transit has varied from a week to 4 weeks but if I am in a rush I do not order from HK

Last edited by Redlight11; 03-22-2012 at 03:40 PM..
Redlight11 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-22-2012, 03:31 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hmmm!

They ain't the fastest and their CNY can really slow things down but they've always come through with the goods for me - 38 orders to date.

Hope you get it sorted out Doug, Marty

Current project: Wessex Mk1
http://scalerchelis.com/phpBB2/viewt...4762&start=100
molehunter is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2012, 12:16 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Buyer beware They have ripped me off for about $100 with faulty parts even though they have had them sent back
NZ_Nitro is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2012, 11:19 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Its funny how people try to defend hobbyking because they get lucky and get there stuff. I have ordered items and received them a month later anyway I work hard for my money and I would be pissed if hobbyking stole my money!! There are to many people that have been screwed from hk its not worth taking the chance!!
driveutwo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2012, 11:27 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Up to 40 orders now with no issues at all.
I'd say if the chat function doesn't work it's an issue with your computer.
The live chat usually works really well.
Spektrum DX8
Inverse is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2012, 11:50 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I order everything through HOBBYKING. I've been a loyal customer of theirs for 2 years now. I have 15 orders already shipped through them. I have NEVER had a problem, I am ordering from the INTERNATIONAL WAREHOUSE and shipping to MEXICO. Everything has always arrived, even when sent regular post. I too have always paid with PAYPAL. I have yet to run into a problem.
fbarcenas is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-24-2012, 03:36 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Ordered from them several weeks ago and had a similar problem (paypal showed paid, HK showed unpaid). It took 7 days to show as paid and everything worked fine after that.

Look to see if your product has gone out of stock. I think this was a delaying technique while they waited to get more stock on what I ordered.

In the end, I got everything as ordered. Ordered 6 times and 2x I've had issues - but they have always delivered in the end.
Old 03-24-2012, 07:51 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Cant count the orders I have with them, they have been good to me! Even refunded my CC on one order, cause I was stupid and cancelled it because it said not paid. Did the online chat thing, which took a bit to hook up to someone, but it did, and it was fixed. Someone said if you get your knickers in a knot easily, HK is not the place for you, well, that hits the nail on the head! Ill take my 15 dollar lipos all day long, and a little miscomunication from chinese to english all day long...LOL

Lets see, CF and Metal 500 ready to fly, for less than 200 bucks.......count me in! Better than 1000+ at the LHS. I could not afford this hobby if not for HK! And yes, if I get a bad 15 dollar lipo, I throw it out, and just order a new one. I mean really, I think out of all the lipos I have ordered, 2 have been bad over the years.....thats 30 bucks....Hm, ONE from the LHS is far more than that!
UBHSTRY is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in