Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 250 Class Electric Helicopters

250 Class Electric Helicopters 250 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2010, 05:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default is it possible to program my 250 to fly like my mSr?

I am looking for suggestions to get my trex 250 to fly like my e flight msr.I'm using a dx7 tx and trex super combo. any help would be appreciated.
geomecc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2010, 05:58 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Short answer: no. Longer answer: find yourself some soft wooden blades like from the SR, add some weight to the flybar/paddles, and put a pissload of Expo on the cyclic and rudder channels and you'll be a fair way there. But the mSR's 45º flybar (vs. the 250's 90º) makes a big difference on control response and there's no way to compensate for that difference in geometry...
RocketSled is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2010, 06:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketSled View Post
Short answer: no. Longer answer: find yourself some soft wooden blades like from the SR, add some weight to the flybar/paddles, and put a pissload of Expo on the cyclic and rudder channels and you'll be a fair way there. But the mSR's 45º flybar (vs. the 250's 90º) makes a big difference on control response and there's no way to compensate for that difference in geometry...
In other words... you can tame it down a lot but it is never going to self stabilize the way an msr will.
miamiheli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2010, 06:31 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

correct also throw some 450 skids on it and that will also tame her down and makes for great training gear. then when you have it down you can go back to the stock 250 skids.you will have to mod the 450 gear to fit but that's just drilling a few holes and getting a little longer bolt to hold them on.....
450SE V2 NUE 1107/2/H/2.3, CC45apm esc,770 3D/3400g,65mg,V_Blades,4s 21ooma Hyperions
No_Gassers_Here is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2010, 06:33 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiheli View Post
In other words... you can tame it down a lot but it is never going to self stabilize the way an msr will.
nope you can get it to self level it's called the CO-Pilot II by FMA $209 for the full kit. then it will self stablize but it still will not fly like the 250. I want to make my msr fly like the 250.
450SE V2 NUE 1107/2/H/2.3, CC45apm esc,770 3D/3400g,65mg,V_Blades,4s 21ooma Hyperions

Last edited by No_Gassers_Here; 05-24-2010 at 06:34 PM.. Reason: type o's
No_Gassers_Here is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2010, 06:35 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Gassers_Here View Post
nope you can get it to self level it's called the CO-Pilot II by FMA $209 for the full kit. then it will self stablize but it still will not fly like the 250. I want to make my msr fly like the 250.
Yeah, I thought of that after I posted but I woudn't want to try and fit one on a 250 much less pay for it.
Cheaper than I thought though.
miamiheli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2010, 08:04 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Flymentor will allow you to not fly as well.
Pretty cheap too (at hobbycity) for a stabalization system and I have seen one do its thing in person, pretty astonishing

You can dial a 200 CP to be alot more docile but

you don't want it to have the bad character the MSR has...

If you want it to fly like the msr hang it from your nearest light fitting and place tx on coffee table!

Amp
Ampdraw is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2010, 03:48 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

thanks for the suggestions. i just want to make the 250 not be so twitchy. I get so nervous flying the 250 . but ill try adding more expo.
Old 05-25-2010, 04:02 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Have you flown any other indoor micros other than the MSR? I like the MSR but the built in self stabilising must make for a huge shock when people progress to a proper heli. I started with a 4/3B so the 250 feels quite docile in comparison. I would say just keep flying your 250 as much as you can and you'll get used to it
Old 05-25-2010, 04:26 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

yea I've flown mcx,cx and cx2. i also have in addition a trex 450v2 se and an atom 500 half built. and yes there is a bit of a shock from msr to the 250 and up. my main problem is too many hobbies so there isnt enough stick time for the 'proper' heli's.
Old 05-25-2010, 04:28 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

As well as/instead of expo you could try using dual rates at say 70% for all your controls.

Getting the heli tail well mechanically balanced and then setting up the gyro with some heading hold, but not too much, will help make it feel less twitchy.

Also having the head speed up quite high will help with stability, you can counter the additional responsiveness this gives with your dual rate setup.

Have you flown your msr in wind? I found that good training for bigger models like the 250.

FWIW I found the 250 to be a better transition from msr than the SR.
Pigskin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2010, 04:39 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

thanks i will try that also. hopefully i can get a chance later today to try out all these good ideas.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in