Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 600X

Blade 600X Blade 600X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2014, 08:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default New 600x

Pulling the trigger on the 600x combo with cc esc. What advise do you have and what do I need to know?
gman08 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2014, 06:16 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 600X EXCELLENT

The four bolts that were included in the motor mount parts bag were too long and could be tightened into the motor windings potentially wrecking a brand new never used motor, I thought this was a big supply mistake in my view. The correct bolts were bagged with the motor bullets for the Esc, 5 pages along in the instructions.
It's possible the 550X uses longer bolts for its mount plate and just the mount plate for the 600X was changed in the parts bag so be sure to remove those bolt and use the correct ones that the instruction manual gives the size for.
I didn't measure mine! I took it for granted the bolts in the parts bag for this step were correct
Apart from that there was a product bulletin for the wiring harness if your going to use it. This by now should have been taken care off but it doesn't hurt to check!
I use a RX pack so I didn't even know about this myself, lucky hey!
There is a couple of Mods here in the 550/600X forum you can look at but only if you want to tinker a bit . There not holding the 600X down , the 600X is a really easy good enjoyable build you will have a lot of fun building it as I have.
You will need battery connectors for the ESC and Braid for the wiring if you like the look and a 6'' servo extension for the ESC to BX connection and the LYNX canopy thumb screw mounts are a must have but that's about it I think.

PRODUCT BULLETIN: Blade 600 X Wiring Harnesses with Castle Creations ESCs
December 17, 2013

Product: Blade 600 X (BLH5625, BLH5625C, BLH5625CSE, BLH5625CCSE) Wiring Harnesses with Castle Creations ESCs.

Issue:The wiring harness included with the Blade 600 X and Castle Creations ESCs are not compatible. Using them together may damage the ESC, which could result in a crash.

What To Do: Do not use the wiring harness included with the Blade 600 X with a Castle Creations ESC. Follow the instructions included with the Castle Creations ESC.

My freshly painted canopy, I just cant leave my 600X alone
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_000870.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	81.2 KB
ID:	497458  
Old 03-25-2014, 06:36 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Great advise! What kind of rx pack do you use and do you use a voltage regulator? I will be getting it in the mail on Friday so I am stoked!
Old 03-25-2014, 07:14 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default RX pack

I'm using a 2s LiFe 1300mAh 30c pack with a dual input lead for powering the BX through Aux2&3.
LiFe is a slightly higher voltage 6.6v to your servos (6v) so read up on it a bit there's pros and cons .
A regulator is only necessary if you want to use a 2s LiPo RX pack at 8.4v .
Theres nothing wrong with the stock BEC apart from only outputing 5v.I just wanted to seperate the 12s HV ESC / Batteries and motor from my RX and servos .
Just my preference to use a RX pack , the Kit setup is fine but there's always different options and choises to make.
Enjoy your 600X build
I'm happy to answer more questions if I can for you .
night wolf d is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-25-2014, 08:02 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I was thinking about using a castle creation bec pro just because the largest heli I own is a trex 500 and I have no experience with rx packs but the bulletin is making me want to use a rx pack! Just don't know where to start...
Old 03-25-2014, 08:06 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I also have a 1600mah LiFe 6.6V laying around but it only has one input lead... Is there an advantage to using a dual input? Or is it possible to use a single input?
Old 03-25-2014, 05:11 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default CC Bec

The CC Bec pro is a good choise of Bec to go with the CC Esc , its 20amp rated with adjustable output voltage and the 550X guys using them are happy with them I believe . No negitive reports ive read anyway.
Nothing wrong with the stock Bec either its just limited.
There's also the Western Robotics Hercules Bec and Gryphone Quasar Reg you can look into that get good reports here.
As far as your LiFe pack you only need to solder two servo extension leads into one connector like a EC2 and connect your LiFe to that EC2 . The two servo extensions are the Aux2&3 power supplys.

https://www.helifreak.com/showpost.p...5&postcount=12

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=593992

Last edited by night wolf d; 03-25-2014 at 06:25 PM..
Old 03-25-2014, 05:35 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Oh okay I got ya! What size batteries are you running. I ordered 2 3200mah I like how light they will be I just don't know how much I will like the flight times with them.
Old 03-25-2014, 06:24 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

I went the middle ground between weight and power.
3600mAh 35c.
Aslo that maxes out my current charger
Old 03-25-2014, 06:37 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

I can understand that. I got a hitec x2 400W when I got my 500 so I think I will be good. What kind of flight times are you getting?
Old 03-25-2014, 08:59 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

This is my first 600 and I'm only a sport recreational flyer , i do not push my 600 yet and I'm still breaking in my flight packs at the moment. I get about 6.30mins with a little over 50% used . I'm sure that will go down to maybe 5.30mins when i start flying it like my 450 though.
Old 04-03-2014, 07:11 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well I took my time building the heli making sure everything was perfect and all electronics setup properly. Went to maden today and started spoolig up the heli and hear a awful sound hit throttle hold only to find out that the front tail gears are stripped. What could this be? I'm thinking it sounds like head startup speed setting in the esc.
Old 04-23-2014, 05:15 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default s!#t SORRY

Completely forgot Gman08 , sorry probably to late to be of any help by now!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	WP_000895.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	105.1 KB
ID:	504272   Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_000896.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	504273   Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_000899.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	504274   Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_000900.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	504275   Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_000902.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	81.8 KB
ID:	504276  

Name:	WP_000894.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	82.6 KB
ID:	504277  
Old 04-25-2014, 10:52 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have been in contact with HH for this issue. So far they have replaced the gears and bearings thinking this was the issue.. no luck. So they sent me a tail case thinking the one that came with the kit may be defective, just got the tail case in yesterday and have not had time to fly. I will report back this weekend.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in