Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 450X

Blade 450X Blade 450X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2014, 05:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Follower arm question

After 100+ flights I had a nasty crash and broke a follower arm. So I recieved my order with the arms and several other parts, When I went to replace the arms on the Head I had severe binding, The brass step washers were step side towards bearing, I fiddled for a while then put one of the undamaged arms back on and had no binding Hmmmm? So I played around for a while and decieded to take out the bearings in the broken arm and found a brass washer inbetween the 2 bearings in the arm but there were none in the new set, So I put the brash washer in the new arm and Wolla! No binding. So did anyone else come across this problem before And my last question is, is there a blown up diagram of the follower arms. This might be good for future reference.
Rotarywing is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2014, 08:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hello?
Old 07-20-2014, 11:03 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Maybe p. 20 of the manual will help

http://www.bladehelis.com/ProdInfo/F...-Manual_EN.pdf
GregCA is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2014, 11:21 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Doesnt help, it doesnt show the brass spacer, That was the first place I went.
Old 07-21-2014, 06:12 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Follower arm question

I would assume there is nothing that shows this. Same way there is no picture of the main shaft shims.
NuCOTech is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-22-2014, 04:36 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

http://www.repairblade400.com/#index
you check this photo.
it are for BLADE 400 , but i think are similar at BLADE 450X ( change code and dimension). In photo for assembly main grip , you seen't , one or more , shim washer (option ) between o-ring (or damper) and step washer . This shim washer serve for yeld the collective more reactive in change pitch ( crossing of +10° to -10° pitch) for 3d extreme. You can read manual for BLADE 400 3d http://www.bladehelis.com/ProdInfo/F...Manual_Web.pdf to page 21.
But now , for blade 450x the SPINDLE/FEATHERING SHAFT is more BIG ( DIAMETER IS = 4 MM) , while the SPINDLE/FEATHERING SHAFT for BLADE 400 3D is only diameter = 3mm , like this shim washer aren't compatible with BLADE 450X.
I HOPE THIS HELP YOU.
aranciata is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-22-2014, 03:25 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Follower Arms.
Old 07-22-2014, 04:23 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Its in that 400 manual - # 39.....Bushing (2) -
there's two different size bushings that are used in different head parts in blade sr - blade 400/450 3D - one is short fat than the other longer thinner- I assume its used in the other older blade heli in 200- 400 size - glad i kept all that old stuff - even the pieces....

To get that bushing you might have to order that whole assembly for that older SR or whatever - that is still parts supported. Different part# tho - depending on model.

Guess it pays to have a 'Target' box to empty your 'Target bag' in at end of day.....

-

Last edited by SumOFparts; 07-22-2014 at 07:40 PM..
SumOFparts is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-23-2014, 09:40 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I had a similar experience some time ago. My new replacement follower arms seemed to have been binding once I tightened them. It took a while to figure it out. One of the guys at the hobby store (much more experienced than moi) took the new follower apart and compared it to the stock follower.

The interior races were missing from the new stock followers. ALL of the new stock followers. We found some extra races from some extra parts kits and the problem was solved.
Old 07-23-2014, 03:30 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syko View Post
I had a similar experience some time ago. My new replacement follower arms seemed to have been binding once I tightened them. It took a while to figure it out. One of the guys at the hobby store (much more experienced than moi) took the new follower apart and compared it to the stock follower.

The interior races were missing from the new stock followers. ALL of the new stock followers. We found some extra races from some extra parts kits and the problem was solved.
BRAVO! , You knew what I was talking about. Good thing I opened the old arms up and found that brass Race (Bushing) inside. I wonder why there was'nt one in the new arms. But then again......
Old 07-23-2014, 05:59 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuCOTech View Post
I would assume there is nothing that shows this. Same way there is no picture of the main shaft shims.
Probably because some helis need shimming and some don't. The 550X is the same way. I always had a tiny bit of tail rotor shaft play until I realized there were some small shims in the "spare parts" bag. Zero mention of them in the instructions. I'm guessing this is to avoid confusion where, if they showed those parts, everyone would think they needed them when they don't. Tolerances differ. My first 450X frame needed two main shaft shims. When it was finally time for a frame replacement, I didn't need any.
jadewarrior is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in