Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mCP X Brushless Mods

mCP X Brushless Mods Blade Micro CPx Brushless Mods and Conversions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2012, 03:48 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Back in Vienna, finally, checked my HP03t.

@Dylan: It is the 6 magnet version.

Should I buy the 12 magnet version?

AE0 for mCP x tail and HP03t 6 magnet version seem to be equal in performance.

Thanks,

Walter
donaldsneffe is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2012, 04:45 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Walter,

I have found the 12 magnet 8000KV to be better than the 6 magnet 8800KV by far, and have some of the new 12 magnet 8500KV's on the way now to test.

Dylan
Dylwad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2012, 04:56 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souskei View Post
Anyone know how long it takes to get thing from over sky?
I ordered one from Oversky to deliver to California (and received a confirmation) on May 3 but it has not arrived yet (May 23). I did receive an email when it passed through Shanghai a few days later, so I suspect it actually shipped albeit slowly. The tracking website is in Chinese so I am unable to interpret the present shipping status.

If the hp03t from Oversky arrives I'll try to remember to post the number of days to ship to this thread. I post this text in effort to help set expectations of Oversky shipping performance to the U.S.
helifixing is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2012, 11:26 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by helifixing View Post
I ordered one from Oversky to deliver to California

If the hp03t from Oversky arrives I'll try to remember to post the number of days to ship to this thread. I post this text in effort to help set expectations of Oversky shipping performance to the U.S.
It took very long (about a month???) also for me to receive the motor - but it arrived

Walter
Old 05-23-2012, 11:28 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Dylan,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylwad View Post
Walter,

I have found the 12 magnet 8000KV to be better than the 6 magnet 8800KV by far, and have some of the new 12 magnet 8500KV's on the way now to test.

Dylan
Ok - if they are good, I'll buy one at your shop.

Stupid stuff - how could I know
Anyway, first I try to change several things in the heli and see, if my HP03t and my AEO tail motor maybe could work well....

Walter
Old 05-23-2012, 12:12 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylwad View Post
Walter,

Dylan
Did u get the ems shipping Dylan?

I think I should've opted for ems when I got mine from oversky..
4 days and My hp03 version 3 is still stuck in shanghai.

You weren't kidding when u said they take forever haha
Souskei is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2012, 12:14 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I ordered one from Oversky to deliver to California (and received a confirmation) on May 3 but it has not arrived yet (May 23). I did receive an email when it passed through Shanghai a few days later, so I suspect it actually shipped albeit slowly. The tracking website is in Chinese so I am unable to interpret the present shipping status.

Holy moly!
I'm gonna buy one Crome Dylan and keep one as a spare because I'm pretty sure hell receive his batch before I get mine

6-7 days my ass haha
Souskei is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2012, 12:29 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I am currently running the new HP03T and it works really well. Holds a lot like the 120sr but without the extra weight.

For those waiting on Oversky my first test order of 1 took 5 weeks to deliver using standard shipping. My seccond order of 20 arrived in 6 days via EMS.
Mega Stumbler is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2012, 01:21 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega Stumbler View Post
I am currently running the new HP03T and it works really well. Holds a lot like the 120sr but without the extra weight.

For those waiting on Oversky my first test order of 1 took 5 weeks to deliver using standard shipping. My seccond order of 20 arrived in 6 days via EMS.
I noticed your selling the 8800kv version of the HP03T on your website. Curious why your selling the new version and not the old more powerful 12 mag version?
RedJoE is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2012, 03:42 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I am not sure that the old one is more powerful. The new one should be just as powerful. It looses some torque but gains speed. I don't think that torque is a factor in the light weight blades we are moving. The little inerta should not be a problem.

I made the decision to get the 8800Kv based on weight and availability. On my HP06v2 / XP-12 bird I see no negative effects. It keeps up with everything I can throw at it with no problems. However, you should know that I am a horrable pilot and can not take any heli to its limits.

I do not have an old one to try out but I plan on posting thrust tests soon with the HP03T new, 120sr, and HP02T using 3 different props soon. This should give us some good information.

Oversky also states this regarding the new version

1, less stator weight can effectively reduce the inertia degree and rotating speed will be higher
2, higher KV and higher efficiency, idle current can be 40% less than the old one.
3, 0.4g lighter than the old one
4, less shock while running, it can effectively reduce its negtive influence on gyro.
Old 05-23-2012, 03:57 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:

On the top right corner of the website is a link for english. It will take you to a simplified page just for tracking.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
Old 05-23-2012, 05:44 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I am not sure that the old one is more powerful. The new one should be just as powerful. It looses some torque but gains speed. I don't think that torque is a factor in the light weight blades we are moving. The little inerta should not be a problem.

I made the decision to get the 8800Kv based on weight and availability. On my HP06v2 / XP-12 bird I see no negative effects. It keeps up with everything I can throw at it with no problems. However, you should know that I am a horrable pilot and can not take any heli to its limits.

I do not have an old one to try out but I plan on posting thrust tests soon with the HP03T new, 120sr, and HP02T using 3 different props soon. This should give us some good information.

1, less stator weight can effectively reduce the inertia degree and rotating speed will be higher
2, higher KV and higher efficiency, idle current can be 40% less than the old one.
4, less shock while running, it can effectively reduce its negtive influence on gyro.
So, is this a newer version of the new 8800K version? There are probably a dozen or so posts of users like Dylan stating the old version is more powerful and they did compare the two, I think there was even a post of someone comparing it with a scale measuring thrust. I have two old version motors so I also can't compare, but I was about to buy another one on your site but noticed it was a new one. I like the reduced weight though, but it always feels like there is need for more tail power.

There's also the really new version 8500k that just came out, I read Dylan just ordered 30 of these to test out. Very curious how they compare.
RedJoE is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2012, 02:04 AM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

To follow up to my previous post about Oversky shipping, my order arrived today in perfect shape from China, 20 days after ordering. Just wanted to give props to overskyrc.com that they are legit and sent perfect gear from China, since I commented earlier I had been waiting 20 days and somebody asked how long it takes for their packages to arrive.
helifixing is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2012, 07:17 AM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:

I assume you're talking about 12-magnet vs 6-magnet. Yes, they make similar power and those 4 points are kind of make sense for the difference between 12/6-magnet motors in general, but the 12-magnet is like running a 2:1 reduction gearbox which makes a much bigger difference. I did some thrust tests with 12-magnet bell-housing and 6-magnet bell-housing on the same hp03t stator, same RRC prop. Difference is obvious. 34g thrust vs 27g. Acceleration and deceleration are also crisper with 12-magnet. I also test hovered a bit with the 2 bell-housings. While 27g may be good enough for my hp06v2 with limited pitch pumps indoor, tail wag and stop bounce are definitely more noticeable with 6-magnet bell-housing. Torque is important in direct-drive motors. All direct-drive propeller motors for fixed-wings are 12-magnet. While the RRC prop may be light, much of the torque required is used to push air. Without a reduction gearbox, a direct-drive motor needs a lot of torque. Theoretically, a low-pitch long-blade high-speed prop may be able to get the 6-magnet bell-housing to produce 34g thrust, but the long-blade and high-speed nature of the prop will be bad in quick response. Alternatively, a 2:1 reduction gearbox will probably bring the 6-magnet bell-housing perform similar to the 12-magnet direct-drive. The only thing the 6-magnet bell-housing wins hands-down is no-load RPM, which is about double that of the 12-magnet one.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59XeV21mQes[/ame]
DoubleCH is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2012, 11:16 AM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleCH View Post
I assume you're ........................ double that of the 12-magnet one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59XeV21mQes
Very interesting, thanks!

So I will probably not change anything in my Spin 14000 kv mCP x, but wait for a "good" HP03t to buy.
And store my HP03t and AEO C05s forever

Would this be the correct HP03t:
2.9g Outrunner Brushless Motor
This outrunner is best tail brushless solution. It has wires included and long enought for 4#3B/4G3 tail boom. It is fit on 4#3B tail holder. Also, the tail rotor of 4#3B/4G3 can be put on the shaft directly.
Weight: 2.9g
Size (Diameter): 13mm and 5mm
Shaft (Diameter): 1mm
KV: 8000, 20g
Current: 1.2A/0.2A

Walter
Old 05-24-2012, 12:16 PM   #36 (permalink)

I believe that is the 12 magnet old version so yes.

but maybe not as good as the 12 magnet new version.
new bee is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2012, 12:25 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldsneffe View Post
And store my HP03t and AEO C05s forever
or... make a 12 magnets motor out of two 6 magnet motors.
4712 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2012, 12:33 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by new bee View Post
I believe that is the 12 magnet old version so yes.

but maybe not as good as the 12 magnet new version.
OK,
Dylan has them not in stock yet - any source?

@ Achim: Jaja, ich schick sie Dir

Walter
Old 05-24-2012, 01:10 PM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldsneffe View Post
OK,
Dylan has them not in stock yet - any source?

Walter
http://www.ebay.com/itm/270978486212...#ht_545wt_1009

new bee is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2012, 02:14 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by new bee View Post
Thanks, New Bee, but thats again the same "old" one as sold by ChineseJade.

Lets wait on Dylans review of the new 12 magnet version.

Walter

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in