Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Aerial Videography and Photography > FPV and Real time Video

FPV and Real time Video Discussions of receiving video in realtime from the aircraft

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2009, 12:02 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash9 View Post
Oh and so I don't hijack the Kernels thread here's a pic of my ground station set-up.
Ha ha ha. It's all good. I want to tell you that it was your video at the sand drags with the Tommy Lee song off your original site that got me into FPV. I still watch that video once in a while and that is the first video I show someone when I tell them about FPV. Hijack away. :-)

P.S. The waterfall pic kicks *ss.
KernelSanders is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2009, 12:14 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by KernelSanders View Post
Ha ha ha. It's all good. I want to tell you that it was your video at the sand drags with the Tommy Lee song off your original site that got me into FPV. I still watch that video once in a while and that is the first video I show someone when I tell them about FPV. Hijack away. :-)

P.S. The waterfall pic kicks *ss.
Thanks Kernel...still my favorite also and the first one I ever did. One day I hope to get back there and get some more footage now that I have better gear .
Old 08-19-2009, 11:08 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Your second picture just made me laugh... dude that is sick! COOL!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash9 View Post
Still going through them....4 hours of video and need to cut it down to 5 minutes.

Oh and so I don't hijack the Kernels thread here's a pic of my ground station set-up. I recently re-did-it so it's faster to get ready. I just extend the legs, attach the antenna/video RX boom and flip a switch and I'm up in running in less then 5 minutes . It's set up for 2 pilots with hook-ups for 2 monitors, Goggles, 2 different video RX, 2 Sony camcorders and powered by an RV battery that's installed in the rear of my 4Runner with a 3s 8000mah lipo for back-up power or used as main power if I'm out far away from the vehicle.
Old 08-19-2009, 02:11 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Crash9 is there any news on your site and when and if its going to be back up.
Regards Liam.
l14m is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2009, 08:38 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Latest pics since rebuild lols.

Old 08-23-2009, 02:22 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

114m,
How's your reception with the antenna pointed up? Looks good.
Hirobo Shuttle, srb. Trex 450se V2, GY401, S9257, hs-65mg servos, 430XL Motor, 11v 2100mah, 325 cb Futaba 7cap Tx, RealFlight G-4.5, T-rex 500, 6sKP2600,GY401,9257, HC 3D, mCX,(2) HK 450's, telebee gyro, hxt900 cyclic.
maxout is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2009, 06:33 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Frank the antenna pointed upwards is only for transportation, when I fly I always poit it downwards ,it bends a little while sat I the floor but straightens as soon as ive lifted off. The only thing I need to sort out now is rc antenna position as using futaba 7tc 2.4ghz tx .It has the two antenna`s out of it and I need to find the optimal positions for the both of them as thats the only part that is letting my system down at the moment. Once I get that sorted I might get into antenna tracking with two patch antenna`s for rc and video link via Eagletree osd pro. So if anybody has any pics showing their positiong of 2.4ghz tx then please post them.
Regards Liam.
Old 08-23-2009, 06:53 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Liam, I've got that rx on my t-rex 500, that will be the one I setup for my camera. I took a piece of light weight plastic and drilled holes at a angle. I drilled the holes the size of my antenna tube, slightly under. This plastic was attached to my rx tray, behind my rx, with screw. The two antenna wires were ran through the tubes and extend out from the tubes about 1,1/2 inches. This keeps the antennas from just flopping around. Liam, you said tx, but I took it that you were referring to the antenna wires from your rx. Took some pic with my cell phone if they look good enough I'll post them.
Hirobo Shuttle, srb. Trex 450se V2, GY401, S9257, hs-65mg servos, 430XL Motor, 11v 2100mah, 325 cb Futaba 7cap Tx, RealFlight G-4.5, T-rex 500, 6sKP2600,GY401,9257, HC 3D, mCX,(2) HK 450's, telebee gyro, hxt900 cyclic.
Old 08-26-2009, 04:03 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Look forward to seeing the pics Maxout.
Old 08-27-2009, 01:03 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Liam this is what I did with my antennas. I have the extended rx tray installed, which gave me a little more room to do this mod.
I took a piece of light weight plastic and drilled holes at a 22 degrees angle. The holes were equal distance from the center and on the entry side the distance that the two antennas are apart.
I cut two pieces of antenna tubing and ran them through the plastic block. I took my heat gun and put aprox. a 22 degrees bend on each of them just as they came out of the plastic block.
To keep the tubing from crushing I ran a length of 22 gage wire in the tubing before I bent it and pulled it out once I made my bends. I then positioned the block on the rx tray, which must be removed from heli, clamped it down and drilled to holes through the plate and into the plastic block, making sure not to drill into the tubing.
I then secured it to the rx tray with self tapping screw and reinstalled into heli.
The 500 gives you a little more room, but this could work for the 450 also.
Here are a few pictures of mine.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0621.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	112315   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0623.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	112316   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0626.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	112317   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0624.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	112318  

Last edited by maxout; 08-27-2009 at 01:20 AM.. Reason: correction
Old 08-27-2009, 12:40 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by l14m View Post
Hi Crash9 is there any news on your site and when and if its going to be back up.
Regards Liam.
I should have it finished soon It's uploading all my Projects that's stalling me....
Old 08-29-2009, 09:59 AM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Crash, your site is looking grea and we all look forward to seeing it up and running fully. 5 STARS .
Regards Liam
Old 08-30-2009, 10:57 AM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi all I have been having trouble with my ground station over the last week ,as ive bought a video splitter so as to reduce the number of cables showing and so I can run Headplay goggles ,7" monitor and Pinnacle video transfer all at the same time. I had a duff video cable and had real problems locating this problem. Well all is working correctly now and all I need is some good weather to try it out lols. Heres some pics of my set up now.

Regards Liam.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in