Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > SR

SR Blade Helicopters (eFlite) SR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2014, 09:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Advice needed for noob. Unexpected spool up.

when i unlock the throttle lock it starts to spool up fast with the throttle all the way down and the trim down too.

ok so from the beginning I am a total Noob and I hope its not something super stupidly simple.

I received a second hand SR from a friend that had it out of box once and crashed it, then he gave up never touched it again. Thee crash was pretty good he broke the frame and bent the tailpiece and I have those pieces on order but... you know how it is when you get a new toy you just want to see if it will do anything... so i charged up the batteries and read the manual and watched youtube vids and decided it was time to hear the little servos buzz

Well some hours later i figured out how to bind it to the controller....hope you cant screw that up.... All of a sudden there is life!! I can adjust the trim of the blades and all sorts of other things I can't remember the words for... hahaha

Now a little about me, I have flown a Bunch of fixed wing heli's with ease.... mostly roommates and friends and a couple of small ones of my own. I have never used any with this sort of radio. so forgive me if I use the wrong terminology and be gentle i really want to get this guy airborn at least to a hover......

So if i need to clarify anything I will, and i will know what info to supply for help next time too.

So yeah it throttles up when the throttle lock is released. with throttle down and the trim dial beside it is turned all the way down as well. i dunno but shouldn't it just sit there and not spin until i give it throttle ?
ctclee is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2014, 09:53 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

First of all, has it been repaired???
If it's been crashed bad enough to crack the frame, you probably have other damage that will
Severely make that thing unsafe!
Bent shaft, bent feathering shaft, blade grips, stripped servos to name a few...
500 Pro DFC
nighttrain06 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2014, 10:07 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I've ordered all the parts i can see are broken so I'll let you know once I tear it down and rebuilt it.

yup complete noob I had it in "f mode 1"

Old 11-28-2014, 10:36 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain06 View Post
First of all, has it been repaired???
If it's been crashed bad enough to crack the frame, you probably have other damage that will
Severely make that thing unsafe!
Bent shaft, bent feathering shaft, blade grips, stripped servos to name a few...
^^ THIS. nighttrain is right on the money. If the bird has damage do not mess with it until it is fixed!! You spool it up full blast and a part lets loose you or someone else could get killed or seriously injured, amongst other things.

But the issue you have (for after it is repaired of course) is that it sounds like the heli is in idle up mode. This mode makes it so that the blades will spin at a set speed and the throttle stick now only controls blade pitch. 50% throttle now becomes 0 pitch. 51%-100% throttle is positive pitch (heli goes up), 0%-49% throttle is negative pitch (heli goes down).

Assuming you are using the stock transmitter, make sure the top left side, forward most toggle is in the 0 position (back towards the rear of transmitter). This switch is labeled "f-mode" for "flight mode".

Last edited by therick04pp; 11-28-2014 at 12:28 PM..
therick04pp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2014, 12:31 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

oh yes you are both right !!! this lil guy is Not flight worthy yet. I just wanted to see it respond to the radio. and it did.

But wow that f mode 1 is something im not ready for. I know my limits. maybe if i get around to taking pics of what damage there is but I have all the pieces on order.

I'm kind of excited this is the first hobby grade Ive had and i'm looking forward to having some fun.

Safety First.
Old 11-29-2014, 01:32 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctclee View Post
oh yes you are both right !!! this lil guy is Not flight worthy yet. I just wanted to see it respond to the radio. and it did.

But wow that f mode 1 is something im not ready for. I know my limits. maybe if i get around to taking pics of what damage there is but I have all the pieces on order.

I'm kind of excited this is the first hobby grade Ive had and i'm looking forward to having some fun.

Safety First.
Glad it is all figured out. Before you fly it (the SR has quite a bad rep for being a lemon heli), go here: https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=232624 and read, read some more and then after that, read the rest..lol Lots of great, MANDATORY kind of things in there as well as SR knowledge that can pretty much help with ANYTHING related to the SR and/or heli's in general.

Im usually in there at least weekly, looking up things, reading and getting good mod info. Once you get the SR set up correctly, it is a great little bird that is cheap to fix. It was my first CP heli and I got it used. First thing I did was go to that link and read. then I broke the SR down, ordered a bunch of new parts (needed or not for piece of mind, they were cheap) and rebuilt it. This taught me exactly how the SR worked which made learning to fly it, a fun experience.

Good luck and good flying!
Old 11-29-2014, 01:33 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctclee View Post

Safety First.
Good deal! There are a lot of nice and very helpful folks on here...we've all been there done that with this bird.....although I gotta say therick04pp sure came up with a doosy....don't know if anyone ran into his deal before, but gotta raise a cold one to his persistence and
diggin in to find the problem with his heli!
500 Pro DFC
nighttrain06 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in