Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 400

Blade 400 Blade Helicopters (eFlite) 400 Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2008, 12:47 AM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyTRD View Post
You got to admit, its a pretty cool piece of technology.

yea if you need that kind of stabilization.....i.e. professional use.....but IMO it hinders the sport pilot becasue there not learning the most basic and quite possibly the most important aspect of heli flying.....the hover......unless you got money to burn or just REALLY SUCK at flying helis i suggeest people just stick with a GY401 and descent servo....upgrade the servos on cyclic and dial the radio in right and the b400 becomes a very easily controlled bird.....hell with mine trimmed right, with the cf blades i put on.... in idle up on a still day it will practically hover its self.....another reason people possibly cop-out to heli-command is they dont know proper setup techniques....either way in MY book its cheating....
Blade~400~er is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2008, 01:54 AM   #42 (permalink)
3dx
Registered Users

Default Recording heli vids

Blah Blah9: Just wondering what is your headcam setup is- any chance of some pics and what equipment you use as most of what I've seen on the market so far does'nt have good video and yours seems to be more than acceptable quality,,,
Thanks
3dx
3dx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2008, 07:06 AM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

It's just a kodak easyshare camera, that i mounted on a cap HEHE, but it really doesn't record good if it's sunny. Thats why all my vids are when it's cloudy. So i really wouldn't recommend it, it's a hand me down from my wife after she got a better camera LOL
blahblah9 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2008, 08:57 AM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade~400~er View Post
yea if you need that kind of stabilization.....i.e. professional use.....but IMO it hinders the sport pilot becasue there not learning the most basic and quite possibly the most important aspect of heli flying.....the hover......unless you got money to burn or just REALLY SUCK at flying helis i suggeest people just stick with a GY401 and descent servo....upgrade the servos on cyclic and dial the radio in right and the b400 becomes a very easily controlled bird.....hell with mine trimmed right, with the cf blades i put on.... in idle up on a still day it will practically hover its self.....another reason people possibly cop-out to heli-command is they dont know proper setup techniques....either way in MY book its cheating....
I totally agree with what you are saying here. If you have an AP ship that you are either taking pics or video with, your going to want that stabilty for the smoothest possible pictures. But for someone who sport fly's I can't see the benifit.
Old 12-20-2008, 02:39 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well i made another video this morning, attempting piroflips LOL yea right, and tail down funnels, They were very ugly but hey, didnt' crash so can't complain right in the very start of this video i do tic tocs then i attempt a piroflip, and the heli shoots out on me LOL this was not intended but it looks awesome anyways i was flyin a little to careless this morning attempting new things, but it was fun, now it's raining outside I couldn't get youtube to upload so i had to use vimeo

Blade 400 stick bangin (5 min 15 sec)
Old 12-20-2008, 02:48 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Your a CRAZY MAN! Your tic tocks are looking better! Getting lower too. You should try nose in/down funnels.. I think they are a bit easier than tail in. Very nice, if chaotic, flying.
Old 12-20-2008, 03:15 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyster View Post
Your a CRAZY MAN! Your tic tocks are looking better! Getting lower too. You should try nose in/down funnels.. I think they are a bit easier than tail in. Very nice, if chaotic, flying.
HEHE thanks!! it was getting really hard at the end, that was my 2nd pack in a row and my fingers where getting to where they didn't wanna move right LOL but it's crazy the first pack i did a funnel just as pretty 3 twirls around, so i was like i'll try and get that on camera LOL 2nd pack man i couldn't do it like i did the first battery pack to save my life oh well yall get to see some craziness anyways LOL
Old 12-20-2008, 04:06 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Excellent! You have skills brother. Loved it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah9 View Post
Well i made another video this morning, attempting piroflips LOL yea right, and tail down funnels, They were very ugly but hey, didnt' crash so can't complain right in the very start of this video i do tic tocs then i attempt a piroflip, and the heli shoots out on me LOL this was not intended but it looks awesome anyways i was flyin a little to careless this morning attempting new things, but it was fun, now it's raining outside I couldn't get youtube to upload so i had to use vimeo

http://www.vimeo.com/2585061
Old 12-20-2008, 04:11 PM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah9 View Post

http://www.vimeo.com/2585061
very nice still can rap my head around tail/piro manuvers
so this is with stock esc/motor and 10/-10 pitch and stock head?
sokal is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2008, 04:28 PM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by sokal View Post
very nice still can rap my head around tail/piro manuvers
so this is with stock esc/motor and 10/-10 pitch and stock head?
Stock motor, 10/-10, stock head, but esc is a cheap dynam 40 amp esc, didn't order 40amp, but that's what they sent me since the size i wanted was out. Doesn't have softstart so i gotta be easy getting her spooled up, but besides that seems okay. But my stock esc gave out about a month after i got the heli
Old 12-22-2008, 01:22 PM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Nice flying blah!! I've seen some moves like that when I fly - but they are usually followed with a thunk and a slight whimper..... (from me). Great stuff!
Nitro Whiplash | Align servos | BeastX | 91 HZR Speed Powerboost pipe | TREX 700E v2 super combo | Gens Ace 5300 bats | TREX 500 DFC super combo | Gens Ace 3300 bats | Blade 130 - blinged out | Traxxas Quad
drb99 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-25-2008, 03:18 AM   #52 (permalink)

My HF Map location
Default Rain+Wind

(High Quality version is better)

killboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2008, 12:28 AM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Awesome videos everyone. I have a quick question. What software do you guys use to add the music to the videos? I'm not only a new pilot, I also just got my first camcorder today so I haven't a clue how to edit anything. I can point, shoot, pull and upload to youtube but that's about it.
Larry227 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2008, 12:46 AM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

I use either iMovie on the Mac and sometimes MS Movie Maker on my PC... both OS's come with them. Enjoy your new video camera!
Old 12-26-2008, 01:43 AM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Thanks Sly. I figured it out with Movie Maker. Now I just have to fly the B400 so I can do this. Might have to put some snowskids on it.
Larry227 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2008, 02:06 AM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

dude where did you get that cam from?
504Rone is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2008, 02:54 AM   #57 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by 504Rone View Post
dude where did you get that cam from?
If you're talking to me, it's a GoPro "Hero" Wide-Angle model. Got it from oemcycle.com for about $160.
Old 12-26-2008, 10:58 AM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

did it come with that mount?
Old 12-26-2008, 10:59 AM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by killboy View Post
If you're talking to me, it's a GoPro "Hero" Wide-Angle model. Got it from oemcycle.com for about $160.
thanks, i've been looking for a heli cam
Old 12-26-2008, 01:14 PM   #60 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
did it come with that mount?
Yes, and several more. It's the "Automotive" kit, that also comes with a big suction cup for mounting on cars.

Quote:
thanks, i've been looking for a heli cam
I'm not sure it's the best heli cam, as it's kinda bulky and heavy, but I really like the super-wide angle...it makes the image appear more stable and things look farther away. Lose the waterproof housing (good to 100 feet!) and the camera alone is quite light.

Tags
e-flite

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in