Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > JR and Spektrum Radios and Electronics > 2.4G Spektrum Radios

2.4G Spektrum Radios Spektrum 2.4 Gigahertz Radios and Technology

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2014, 04:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default recommend me an sd card

Just like the title says, I never got one with my new DX6 and not sure what works.
reALIGNed is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2014, 05:09 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by reALIGNed View Post
Just like the title says, I never got one with my new DX6 and not sure what works.
Any SD card will work fine...the one supplied is pretty basic...

If you're not sure what to buy, take your TX along and one of the store guru's will see it and know what you need
JonJet is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2014, 07:13 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just get a decnt one, sandisc work fine.
andycrazy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2014, 08:02 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Class 4 is plenty of speed. I've seen reports of bad things happening with Class 10, although that really doesn't make sense to me (faster shouldn't matter).

The amount of space is a non-issue of course. The tramsmitters work with rather small files by today's standards. Even 1GB is a ton of storage, and you probably can't buy one that small anyway.
flightengr is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2014, 04:18 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I grabbed a couple Class 2 SanDisk 2G and used them quite awhile. One finally went wonky. Ive seen trouble with basic Class 2 cards and Class 10 cards as well. Ive seen more that work than not. Its a luck of the draw kind of thing I guess.
I have a couple Class 6 2gig SDHC minis in an adapter and havent had a sign of trouble for a couple years now.
HELIFREAK !!!
aerocal is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2014, 05:17 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJet View Post
Any SD card will work fine...the one supplied is pretty basic...

If you're not sure what to buy, take your TX along and one of the store guru's will see it and know what you need
Well, I didn't get one with mine. And the guys at the LHS have no clue..........that's why I came here.
Old 12-11-2014, 05:18 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Class 2 San Disk it is,................... thank you
Old 12-13-2014, 07:49 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

The DX6 doesn't come with an SD card. All of the other Spektrum TX's with SD slots come with one. Go figure.

Don't feel bad... the card Spektrum includes is terrible and usually needs immediate replacement anyway. Most of the firmware upgrade failures on the DX9 are attributable to the stock SD card being too slow or just plain bad. The one that came with my DX8 was DOA, and I couldn't believe the same cheap one came with the DX9 a couple of years later. Awesome, awesome TX with a horrible SD card. No big deal since good SD cards are inexpensive.
flightengr is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2014, 02:03 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Not sure if you have already picked up a SD card but if not, my experience has been -

I bought a DX6 in September and no SD card was included even though the owners manual said there was supposed to be one. I checked the online version of the manual and it states that the card is not included. I emailed the dealer I bought the TX from - he said would check into the situation - never replied - gave up on that idea.

Apparently Spektrum has had no end of problems finding a card that works (and keeps working) and possibly that's why they have quit including them. I had a fast high capacity Sandisk (didn't work) bought another no-name card (didn't work) took it back and exchanged for a brand-name of similar capacity (didn't work).

Bottom line - the only card that works in mine is an old, slow, 4 GB that came with a USB card reader. I could be wrong but I think the older and slower the card the better chance of it working is.
Newdon is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2014, 10:06 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newdon View Post
Not sure if you have already picked up a SD card but if not, my experience has been -

I bought a DX6 in September and no SD card was included even though the owners manual said there was supposed to be one. I checked the online version of the manual and it states that the card is not included. I emailed the dealer I bought the TX from - he said would check into the situation - never replied - gave up on that idea.

Apparently Spektrum has had no end of problems finding a card that works (and keeps working) and possibly that's why they have quit including them. I had a fast high capacity Sandisk (didn't work) bought another no-name card (didn't work) took it back and exchanged for a brand-name of similar capacity (didn't work).

Bottom line - the only card that works in mine is an old, slow, 4 GB that came with a USB card reader. I could be wrong but I think the older and slower the card the better chance of it working is.

Interesting,..........thank you
Old 12-17-2014, 03:50 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Interesting, though I have used sandisc ultimate class10 32g to update, transfer files and reinstall files on my dx6 and not had a problem. I also used a mini sandisc 32gb ultra mini sd in an adaptor and updated the dx6 with that when the new update came out last week. Again it worked perfectly. Seems card capacity is not a factor in what works and doesnt work.
andycrazy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2015, 08:00 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default SD card format matters!

I have found that the only way my DX6 SD cards require the format be FAT32. If you use a card formatted in NTFS, expect it to not read or write. If confused, check the "properties" of the card in question. If anything other than FAT32, transfer all data on the card and re-format to FAT32. Hope this helps those that are having trouble.
Bill_Van is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in