Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 450

Blade 450 Blade 450 Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2012, 09:37 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thank you for taking the time to do this, the video on you tube is incorrect. Your photo helped me a great deal
Rocket2300 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2012, 10:48 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92vancouver View Post
Here is a photo of the blade grip components and their assembly sequence.
Im in the process of re-assembling the main grip (replacing the spindle shaft). But..my problem is this, when I first dis-assembling the main grip, it seems that the last shim/small shim (between the dampener and the washer with extrusions) is not there. I got my B450 from a friend. So Im looking for that particular shim. I have the complete hardware set (BLH 1673) but dont know which one. I also have the BLH1617 but its not there.

Next project:
MSH Mini Protos, 450 Scale Airwolf, BAH Mini Quad
cpmboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2012, 05:15 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

All the pictures come up as a blue box with a ?. Do I need something extra to view them? Thanks.

Dave
Old 12-20-2012, 09:54 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thalios, can't get the Blade Grip pdf to download properly...
H2Ohaze is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2012, 07:32 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpmboy View Post
Im in the process of re-assembling the main grip (replacing the spindle shaft). But..my problem is this, when I first dis-assembling the main grip, it seems that the last shim/small shim (between the dampener and the washer with extrusions) is not there. I got my B450 from a friend. So Im looking for that particular shim. I have the complete hardware set (BLH 1673) but dont know which one. I also have the BLH1617 but its not there.
It's in the complete hardware set.

I know what it looks like, but since Blade left it and its measurement out of the exploded diagram I don't know how to explain which one it is.

They really screwed up that diagram.
marinr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2012, 11:30 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

It's a coppery coloured likely brass stepped washer - I'm away at present otherwise I'd shoot you a picture, but I suspect if you search this forum or the 450X forum you might see a diagram or even a picture.

It's very thin, maybe 0,2mm (don't quote me on that!) and OD = approximately that of the damper, ID just over that of the spindle.

The step faces out and articulates with the inner race of the inner most radial bearing of the grip. The flat of the washer articulates with the damper on the hub.

One per side.

Hope this helps.

spykez is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2012, 11:40 PM   #27 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

pm me for diagrams.
Thalios is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2012, 09:38 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Study carefully the photo in post #10 of this thread. The shim I believe cpmboy is asking about is at the far right in the photo, not the brass step washer.
Old 12-23-2012, 10:13 AM   #29 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Click this for pdf:

http://scrautomation.com/blade450bib...ipassembly.pdf
Thalios is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2012, 11:11 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

That's a nice diagram; thank you.

The part labelled "Small shim with extrusion" is the brass piece Blade calls a "step washer".

The top of the diagram is slightly different from my B450. The part labelled "Washer with extrusion" doesn't have an extrusion; it's a flat washer.
Old 12-29-2012, 08:30 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

I noticed another couple of things about the diagram above.

The "small shim" next to the blade dampener is part of the hardware kit BLH1673.

Although this discussion is about main rotor grips, the "washer with extrusion" just below the bolt matches the corresponding one in the tail rotor blade grip assembly.
Old 03-21-2013, 11:18 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

What are the fat brass washers that come in my blade grip package. They are maybe 1/8" think. I watched the Horizon video on changing spindle and these washers are not shown yet they came in my grip package. Im confused, I have my spindle in and it seems okay but I have a fear that I left out somehting.
Bradsd is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2013, 11:36 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradsd View Post
What are the fat brass washers that come in my blade grip package. They are maybe 1/8" think. I watched the Horizon video on changing spindle and these washers are not shown yet they came in my grip package. Im confused, I have my spindle in and it seems okay but I have a fear that I left out somehting.
They go between the two bearings inside the grip (not the thrust bearing). You don't see them unless you take those bearings out which you don't need to do to just replace the feathering shaft.
Being is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2013, 11:47 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Okay, hmmm,,,,,,, im probably going to have to reassemble them then. I also changed my grips, dang two steps forward and three back. That would have been a nice feature in the Horizon video being that if you bend your spindle you most likely have broken blade grips as well. Oh well, part of the learning process I guess.
Bradsd is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2013, 10:57 AM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Head Assy. Diagrams & Pictures

Can you tell me if you still have your 450 3D head assembly diagrams available? I have been reviewing your post but it appears the images and diagram links are no longer working or available.

Anything you can send me would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Kevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalios View Post
Stahoo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2014, 07:38 AM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stahoo View Post
Can you tell me if you still have your 450 3D head assembly diagrams available? I have been reviewing your post but it appears the images and diagram links are no longer working or available.

Anything you can send me would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Kevin
Thalios
I am a newbe to the 450 3D and crashed mine this weekend and have just found this thread. This is a great resource and would also very much appreciate your PDF's as well.

Could you pm them to me? Please????
It would be very much appreciated.
Clifford
Old 09-29-2014, 12:36 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have a question. here it goes How can I change my blade pitch? I Want to learn. I've seen YouTube vids but they dont seem to go step by step 100 percent of the time. Im still new at this sorry. I have a Blade 450 3D and a 300 CFX

Is there a real 100% vid out there that shows how to on my 450 3d. i have the Eflight pitch gauge.
Old 09-29-2014, 09:23 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

What exactly are you trying to do? Do you want to set 0* at midstick? Are you trying to set your endpoints? Are you trying to get even positive and negative pitch? Are you trying to adjust your tracking?
Gladius is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-29-2014, 10:37 PM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladius View Post
What exactly are you trying to do? Do you want to set 0* at midstick? Are you trying to set your endpoints? Are you trying to get even positive and negative pitch? Are you trying to adjust your tracking?
yes I'm trying to get 0 pitch at mid stick ,10 at positive and 10 at Negative.
also my blade tracking is off.
Old 09-30-2014, 11:01 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

Start from the bottom up. Set your servos to 90* with your transmitter on and throttle at mid-stick (make sure to disconnect your motor first!), then adjust your servo-to-swash links to level your swash height to 15mm above the frame. This is real easy to do with the Blade swash leveler. Next, you adjust the swash-to-grips links to get your blades to zero degrees.

To set your min/max pitch, you adjust the endpoints. There are two sets of endpoints - one for min/max collective, which will adjust the max throw on all your servos, and one that adjusts the throw for each servo that allows you to level your swash at min and max pitch.

Once you're ready to fly the heli, hover it at about eye-level to check your tracking, and then adjust your swash-to-grip links to match them up.
Gladius is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in