Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 800 Class Helicopters

800 Class Helicopters 800 Class Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2016, 02:53 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default t-rex 800 second flight video

Ok finally i got a video for you guys to look at: (spoolup starts at 2:37)
there are 2 flights, upped the throttle curve from 80 to 85 for the second flight, about 2 minutes before the end of the video. (it looks like i'm standing closer than it is so don't panic lol...)

Copy of 20160618 164359 (7 min 21 sec)

i'm still in the hovering phase with this heli as i still need to get used to the machine and make sure she's good before letting here loose.

The reason for this video, i want you guys to focus on the tail listen to the heli and tell me if it's all good,i upped the tailgain from 75 to 88 in vstabi from the previous maiden and the tail is much more solid, very little wag from what i can tell now, but it's up to you guys to give your opinions.

If you look at the direction the heli is facing at 4:36. there was a wind blowing at constant 24km/h right in the direction of it's tail so basically a tailwind from that direction all the time, with some mild turbulence, and 2 instances of bigger turbulence.

The second landing i hit big turbulence just before touchdown and punched the throttle, it climbed but something was not right,i noticed there was no power, not having time to think of the problem, i elected to put her down as the headspeed was slowing down.

i first tested how much bite she has which in turn made me lose more headspeed, but just before touch down i went almost full collective and i could see the blades 1 by one so slow it was turning, amazingly even at that low headspeed she settled down good, i doubt the maingear even bent slightly, everything is fine, upon close inspection, the pinion is loose.

and looks a bit damaged. However the question does everything look fine ? i'm on a throttle curve of 0 85 85 85 85 85 90, the batteries i got with the heli aren't that fresh anymore, but still in balance, so i'm thinking of upping the throttle curve to 90 at all ends. mild sport flying in one mode only, 6 degrees at 50% throttle.
spinzer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in