Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Miniature Aircraft Helicopters > MA Electric

MA Electric IonX2, Razor and Furion Support forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2011, 12:51 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Smile Can't believe how strong the Furion 450 is (crash pics)

I have been very lucky to never crash my modded Furion 450, but today it happened at last: practicing very low flips with lots of wind, and down it went. It crashed inverted in the grass, flat on the head, while already applying negative pitch, so it might have came down rather "light", and I hit throttle hold fast, but even then I was very surprised to discover that it had only minimal dammage, even the 350 mm blades were still intact !

Dammage = feathering shaft, main shaft, 1 bend link in the head, the lower jesus bolt broke (PITA to remove), the stretched carbon tail boom broke, and 1 set of metal servo gears, that's it. Even the main gear didn't strip. Despite the extra weight of the two 3S packs, it crashed nicely, lol. The whole head got pushed at least a centimeter deeper into the frame, but the OWB, sleeve and gears are intact ! Repairs are almost done, as I have the spare parts laying around, took only a few hours. Love it even more now. Very happy I made it FBL now, makes for fast and easy repairs.

Was I just very lucky, or are these helis simply that strong ? Or both, perhaps ?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6258.jpg
Views:	954
Size:	314.2 KB
ID:	261924   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6259.jpg
Views:	926
Size:	315.5 KB
ID:	261925   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6260.jpg
Views:	917
Size:	273.1 KB
ID:	261926  
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2011, 02:16 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I think I see why you crashed, Raf. You need to remove that foam thing you have holding the blades together!!

Seriously though, I thought you had given up flying the F450, as never mentioned in your progress reports. Sorry to hear of the mishap, but yes, I keep telling people.. The F450 is very solid and survives crashes well (unless your name is Chrashymedes)! Lol

All the crashes I have had, and it's been a few, some so hard I was thinking re-kit as I went to recover it. The only kit parts I have ever had to replace are shafts, booms, main bearings, tail hub and tail fin (now replaced with my Titanium one that never breaks). Still on the original set of skids 3 years later and I have a flybar on both of mine.

That's part of the reason I went for the Furion 6 and yes, for it's size it also fairs pretty well when the inevitable happens.

When you refit the hub, go for a longer screw, it will make it easier to remove should you break it again.

dauste is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2011, 02:32 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Lol David. I was thinking that the foamy thing should stay in place at all times, it was designed to be put there, no ?

Serious now, the F450 is my backyardflyer, together with the Beam E4, and normally I don't take it to the club like yesterday, but it gets flown on a regular basis. Too many helis perhaps, lol. The F450 rolls and flips faster then the Beam at the same headspeed, that's why I use it for low to the ground practice.

Nice tip on the longer bolt, I already figured that it would be a good solution. Thanks for showing me and confirming this.
Old 11-08-2011, 05:43 PM   #4 (permalink)
NERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by dauste View Post
(unless your name is Chrashymedes)! Lol
Old 11-08-2011, 05:48 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrasymedes View Post
lol.
Old 11-13-2011, 02:09 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

And she's up and running again, increased the swash agility even more in the V-Bar settings, I love it ....

Spoiled her with a new canopy, so she might forgive me that I crashed her.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6581small.JPG
Views:	584
Size:	129.1 KB
ID:	266556   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6544small.jpg
Views:	584
Size:	244.2 KB
ID:	266557  
Old 11-13-2011, 05:50 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Looks a lot happier now! Have you got something under the tail fin Raf? I've not noticed that on yours before.

dauste is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2011, 06:04 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by dauste View Post
Looks a lot happier now! Have you got something under the tail fin Raf? I've not noticed that on yours before.
Good observation skills David.
Indeed, it's a small counterweight, I'm running 2 X 3S/1600mAh packs for really long flighttimes.
Old 11-13-2011, 09:51 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default boom support brace

looks really low profile, advise where I can find one ??

I have the Fusumo cf type on my 500 and it just jumps out at you ( ie not low profile )
T-rex 500FBL BeastX, I2 MRH & Swash, I2 boom support,( Bob's the Mahn ! ) DX7s. T-rex 550 I2 FBL head & boom support,KDE motor mount. CH-53E's 83-87. MCAS New River. FAA certified Airframe & Powerplant license holder since 1992
skered53 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2011, 11:26 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The boom support brace is a stock part from my Beam E4.
Old 02-15-2012, 04:25 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi, Can I know what ESC you are using with 3S setup on VBAR ? using VBAR govn ?
ANd is that different now that you are on 6s ?
Old 02-16-2012, 08:35 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyheli View Post
Hi, Can I know what ESC you are using with 3S setup on VBAR ? using VBAR govn ?
ANd is that different now that you are on 6s ?
I always used it on 6S, it was build like that from the beginning, never used the stock setup. The ESC is a Kontronik Jazz 40 Amp. Not using V-Bar gov, but the Jazz gov.
Old 02-16-2012, 04:18 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird300 View Post
I always used it on 6S, it was build like that from the beginning, never used the stock setup. The ESC is a Kontronik Jazz 40 Amp. Not using V-Bar gov, but the Jazz gov.
Thanks for the response...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in