Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > Multi Rotor Support > Blade Multirotor Support > 350QX

350QX Blade 350QX Multirotor Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2013, 03:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Phantom v. 350QX

This is not intended to start a war, but I know a few of you have both. I would have, but I managed to put off the Phantom long enough to wait for the 350 to be released.

At the end of the day, I'd like to know what advantages one has over another. What features does the Phantom have that the 350QX does not and vice-versa?

Compare the experiences. Let's do it without bashing. That is sincerely not why I started this thread. I'd like to hear the merits and pitfalls of both sides.
WilsonFlyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2013, 05:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

1000% agree. People here can steer you clear of a perfect product. I love the Blade 350 QX, and would love to get the Phantom. And will follow the thread.
fishycomics is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2013, 05:11 PM   #3 (permalink)

This is not really fair to have a thread like this. The Phantom has been out as far as I know for a while. While the 350QX has only been out for what? A couple of weeks?
They both have their inherent issues and they will be addressed in time. I think once HH lets go of that proprietary business model, you'll see more people step up to offer after market items for the 350QX. Like the rotor hubs.
They're both obviously fun to fly. I own a Phantom. The reason is not the Blade design but rather a matter of being impatient to get a larger quad. I'm not down with preorder jazz. Got skunked with the vbulletin version 4 fiasco. Paid in advance, and it was a serious let down. Once bitten twice shy.

Let's just hope the masses put enough pressure on both camps to get issues rectified so we can do what we bought them for in the first place.
To have fun flying them.
See you in the sky's...
setishock is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2013, 05:16 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by setishock View Post
This is not really fair to have a thread like this. The Phantom has been out as far as I know for a while. While the 350QX has only been out for what? A couple of weeks?
They both have their inherent issues and they will be addressed in time. I think once HH lets go of that proprietary business model, you'll see more people step up to offer after market items for the 350QX. Like the rotor hubs.
They're both obviously fun to fly. I own a Phantom. The reason is not the Blade design but rather a matter of being impatient to get a larger quad. I'm not down with preorder jazz. Got skunked with the vbulletin version 4 fiasco. Paid in advance, and it was a serious let down. Once bitten twice shy.

Let's just hope the masses put enough pressure on both camps to get issues rectified so we can do what we bought them for in the first place.
To have fun flying them.
See you in the sky's...
So you don't agree that people will compare the two? Huh? Am I missing something here?

This is not about bitching about broken props. This is about fundamental things that one does better than the other and vice-versa. Fell free to ignore the thread if you deem it insignificant and unfair.
Old 10-07-2013, 05:29 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonFlyer View Post
So you don't agree that people will compare the two? Huh? Am I missing something here?

This is not about bitching about broken props. This is about fundamental things that one does better than the other and vice-versa. Fell free to ignore the thread if you deem it insignificant and unfair.
ouch!
Old 10-07-2013, 05:38 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I don't own a phantom. Why i chose the blade?

Agility mode: Badass!
Parts availability. (Soon)
Common radio. I can use it for other birds.
It looks so much cooler
ratherbflyin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2013, 06:11 PM   #7 (permalink)

My buddy has the phantom and he like that more for video and the qx for all out fun. Plus the qx is faster. Dji support isn't so good he says and hh is second to none . while the phantom is fun to fly I find that the qx is more of a blast especially in agility mode. I don't like on the phantom how u have to turn the remote off for the return to home feature. When I seen that I was like what??? ....350 looks cooler also. And the price is pretty good for all the features even the phantoms price has went down I still would choose the 350 any day .....even with the prop issues. That can be fixed and is being fixed
mike4884 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2013, 06:22 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike4884 View Post
My buddy has the phantom and he like that more for video and the qx for all out fun. Plus the qx is faster. Dji support isn't so good he says and hh is second to none . while the phantom is fun to fly I find that the qx is more of a blast especially in agility mode. I don't like on the phantom how u have to turn the remote off for the return to home feature. When I seen that I was like what??? ....350 looks cooler also. And the price is pretty good for all the features even the phantoms price has went down I still would choose the 350 any day .....even with the prop issues. That can be fixed and is being fixed
Good info. Thanks!
Old 10-07-2013, 06:33 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Curious myself about this one should be good. I passed on the phantom, and jumped on the qx. I freakin hate my qx right now because it is grounded again for being bad. Probably my fault though, but I do love it. Does that make sense?

mabe01 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2013, 06:36 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Not that we have that settled

Lets do Bacon VS sausage ........

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike4884 View Post
The ShOCkER is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2013, 07:04 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by The ShOCkER View Post

Dude, its bacon hands down.
Old 10-07-2013, 07:09 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonFlyer View Post
This is not intended to start a war, but I know a few of you have both. I would have, but I managed to put off the Phantom long enough to wait for the 350 to be released.

At the end of the day, I'd like to know what advantages one has over another. What features does the Phantom have that the 350QX does not and vice-versa?

Compare the experiences. Let's do it without bashing. That is sincerely not why I started this thread. I'd like to hear the merits and pitfalls of both sides.
This might not quite fit the topic of this thread but I'll give it a go. I don't have either one, yet. But I intend to get one. I thought I would explain why I'm 99% certain I'll end up getting a 350 QX. First of all, I am probably an average hobbiest. I own a Blade mQX and Nano QX. I also own an mCPX. I really enjoy flying the quads. I really don't need the video capabilities of either one, but it's cool and I may end up getting a GoPro and have some fun. I'll never be a super serious hobbiest. But I enjoy it and fly a couple times per week, weather permitting. And I enjoy learning about the hobby.

I suspect for many people like me, either the Phantom or QX would do just fine. We would be happy with either one and their capabilities probably far exceed our abilities to master them. Given all that I'm going to buy a 350 for the following reasons:

1. Horizon Hobby is an American company. I generally don't go in for buying American just because it's the patriotic thing to do. But HH has earned my business. Very few companies put the customer first like HH does, in spite of the fact that they often don't seem to do a very good job of QC.

2. HH seems to be a very transparent company. As near as can tell, they're not trying to hide their problems from their customers.

3. I have two hobby stores within 15-20 minutes of me and both carry HH products/parts and know HH products inside out. This is invaluable.

4. I have no great desire to support any China based company. I don't know this, but it wouldn't surprise me if the Phantom is manufactured in a sweat shop where employees are earning $2 per day. The engineers designing and developing the Phantom product line are probably doing ok, but I'll bet the manufacturing folks are not. If it comes down to an American company and Chinese company, and the products are both competitive, I'll go American every time.

Just my $.02
rminder is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2013, 07:14 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think that would fit since you are not interested in video as much. Qx is a blast. I've been sad all day cause I can't fly
Old 10-07-2013, 07:26 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

man this goes back to when the corvette and t-bird era, or maybe Camaro and firebird.

The phantom, I cannot speak , for but I am not grounded wit the Blade...
fishycomics is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2013, 07:28 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by The ShOCkER View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mabe01 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
man this goes back to when the corvette and t-bird era, or maybe Camaro and firebird.

The phantom, I cannot speak , for but I am not grounded wit the Blade...
House vs Senate!
Old 10-07-2013, 09:30 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mabe01 View Post
Bacon is much harder to cook just right, but damn, when done right, sausage doesn't have a chance!

Phantom 2 Vision and assorted other egg-beaters.
pixeltim is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2013, 09:41 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Is the El Camino a car or truck?

Slow & Steady!
nmdesertracer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2013, 09:41 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixeltim View Post
Bacon is much harder to cook just right, but damn, when done right, sausage doesn't have a chance!
Sausage wrapped in bacon has always been one of my favorites...
Old 10-07-2013, 09:48 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by rminder View Post
This might not quite fit the topic of this thread but I'll give it a go. I don't have either one, yet. But I intend to get one. I thought I would explain why I'm 99% certain I'll end up getting a 350 QX. First of all, I am probably an average hobbiest. I own a Blade mQX and Nano QX. I also own an mCPX. I really enjoy flying the quads. I really don't need the video capabilities of either one, but it's cool and I may end up getting a GoPro and have some fun. I'll never be a super serious hobbiest. But I enjoy it and fly a couple times per week, weather permitting. And I enjoy learning about the hobby.

I suspect for many people like me, either the Phantom or QX would do just fine. We would be happy with either one and their capabilities probably far exceed our abilities to master them. Given all that I'm going to buy a 350 for the following reasons:

1. Horizon Hobby is an American company. I generally don't go in for buying American just because it's the patriotic thing to do. But HH has earned my business. Very few companies put the customer first like HH does, in spite of the fact that they often don't seem to do a very good job of QC.

2. HH seems to be a very transparent company. As near as can tell, they're not trying to hide their problems from their customers.

3. I have two hobby stores within 15-20 minutes of me and both carry HH products/parts and know HH products inside out. This is invaluable.

4. I have no great desire to support any China based company. I don't know this, but it wouldn't surprise me if the Phantom is manufactured in a sweat shop where employees are earning $2 per day. The engineers designing and developing the Phantom product line are probably doing ok, but I'll bet the manufacturing folks are not. If it comes down to an American company and Chinese company, and the products are both competitive, I'll go American every time.

Just my $.02
I'm very conflicted on this one.
DJI appears to be a Honk Kong based company and I do greatly prefer doing business with an american company whenever possible.
That being said, I just looked at the box for my Blade 350qx.
It proudly stated right below the barcode, Made In China.

is my Blade 350qx made in the same factory as the DJI? who knows?

How many americans even care?

I certainly do but it seems I am a rarity.

Phantom 2 Vision and assorted other egg-beaters.
pixeltim is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2013, 10:19 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

BACON

Yes it is an American thing, 350QX!!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in