Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Other Makes and Models Helicopters > Banshee Helicopters

Banshee Helicopters Banshee Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2012, 03:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Titanium

I have a lingering question and wan't to know if you guys have it too, or someone knows the answer.

What parts of the Banshee are titanium?

I only managed to know the main blade holder screws are, and am dreaming about every shinny metal part being titanium too, but realistically believe it's not the case. I was also expecting some info in the manual about this and now that it's out I don't see any useful mentions about it.

Is the info available on what is and what isn't titanium?

Banshee #27, 2x TDR, Diabolo, Logo 690SX, Raptor E700, JR Sylphide E12 EX Super Gracy, Voodoo 600, Voodoo 400, Logo 550SE, Logo 400SE, JR Forza 450. Mikado Vcontrol.
marcosp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2012, 09:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Correct, only the blade holder bolts are titanium, the rest of the aluminum parts are 7075 aircraft grade. Obviously the shafts will be hardened steel.

Cannot believe that we all fell for the titanium parts, even early rumours had it that the 50 limited kits will have all sorts of exotic metals and that future kits will be " normal". Wondering what €2100 REALLY buying us, TDR with the same amount of machining etc is less than half of that!!!
Old hand at Planks
Peter
Vinger is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-07-2012, 10:19 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default $

Are some of you guys starting to second guess your purchase? If you had another chance would you spend this much again on a Heli?
kevinbj is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-07-2012, 10:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am not second guessing. It costs a lot to do small runs of these kits. I would guess that they are not making much off of us at all.
Old 08-07-2012, 11:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhunter View Post
I am not second guessing. It costs a lot to do small runs of these kits. I would guess that they are not making much off of us at all.
So what is it that push you over ? What made pull the trigger & say I want this Heli ?
Old 08-08-2012, 12:15 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I like German cars, heli's, guns etc. Every car I have had has been German. Vw BMW Porsche, Mercedes. I like precision equipment. The Banshee looks to fit the bill. I can't wait to get my hands on the Banshee
Old 08-08-2012, 12:47 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I like German cars, heli's, guns etc. Every car I have had has been German. Vw BMW Porsche, Mercedes. I like precision equipment. The Banshee looks to fit the bill. I can't wait to get my hands on the Banshee
Well if I can justify me getting one we have to hook up since you basically down the road.. I need some pushing over..lol
Old 08-08-2012, 01:19 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Have you already paid for one? If not these 50 are sold out. I'm not sure what their plans are for future production.
Old 08-08-2012, 01:45 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Have you already paid for one? If not these 50 are sold out. I'm not sure what their plans are for future production.
I wanted one @ first a was away on vacation where I couldn't go online so missed the opening offer.. So I talked myself out of it saying maybe its for the best.. Yesterday I receive the email that one became available if I want it . I had put my name on wait list when I came back off vacation. I want it but guess I'm saying that's lik a logo 700 & Diabolo .. Already have Diabolo on the way..
Old 08-08-2012, 01:50 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

I would get it then! I'm sure someone will take it off your hands if you decide you don't want it later. It's super light and can take any motor you want to put in it. That's one of the many reasons that I want it. Besides that, it hauls ass!
Old 08-08-2012, 02:34 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I would get it then! I'm sure someone will take it off your hands if you decide you don't want it later. It's super light and can take any motor you want to put in it. That's one of the many reasons that I want it. Besides that, it hauls ass!
Yeah I'm leaning toward it since I have the opportunity .. What setup are you thinking of? 12 or 14 s
Old 08-08-2012, 04:11 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have a 4530, 4535 to run on 12. I also have the 4540-450 to go 14s if I feel the need.
I'm going to go hv with the kosmik set to 7.9 and vbar grey line 5.3.
Old 08-08-2012, 04:15 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well guys although titanium sounds exclusive and enticing, it also brings the weight with it and so it would make little sense to use titanium on all the parts. 7075 aerospace aluminium is top notch and the 7075-T6 is rated at 78,000psi – that’s even stronger than the aluminium used on my West Coast Chopper machined motor and that thing hauls ass like a “screaming banshee” without fail.
According to Hansjorg, the titanium blade grip bolts were needed to deal with the axial forces. They also use 12.9 bolts for the mechanics.
True to my expectations of German quality it seems they have used only the best material for the Banshee, given its design and purpose.
Whether the Banshee is worth it, is up to each owner to decide…the jury is out on this one until we get the kits and fly the screaming Banshees out of them.
Heli G is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-08-2012, 06:14 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

I could not resist the banshee, because its german and a story behind it, also when flying at the field everyone will have a puzzled look on their face at this "weird" machine, then when they see it fly their jaws will drop and their tongue hang out like homer simpson and his donuts!
helicraze is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-08-2012, 07:09 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

I also love German engineering there attention to detail is amazing hence why I'm a Logo fan.
The Banshee is a new concept in heli's which I love and have always been fascinated by new concepts and designs in our hobby
Diablo S coming
Karl57 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-08-2012, 08:15 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinbj View Post
Are some of you guys starting to second guess your purchase? If you had another chance would you spend this much again on a Heli?
No second guessing, BUT will be highly pissed off if they launch the "normal" kit with no changes to material etc next month for half the price. Then we would have paid €1000 for a number, carbon canopy and assembly....
Old hand at Planks
Peter
Vinger is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-08-2012, 08:41 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Guys, what I know, there is definitely no plan to sell more than 50 units.

Regards, Helmut
Banshee 700 LE #50 and some others ...
KU-HELI7 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-08-2012, 09:05 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I got it because I fell in love with my TDRs and the German concept for mechanics is beautiful, simple and very practical. I wanted a heli that flies harder than the TDR so I went with a Diabolo. Then reading and reading (as usual) I came across a comment that the Banshee combines the best of the TDR, Diabolo and Voodoo. Looking closer at it I realized it did. I fell in love with the no compromises made philosophy of these guys. What finally pushed me was flight videos. I am not in for the exclusivity though I recognize it adds up to the exquisite taste of this purchase.

Banshee #27, 2x TDR, Diabolo, Logo 690SX, Raptor E700, JR Sylphide E12 EX Super Gracy, Voodoo 600, Voodoo 400, Logo 550SE, Logo 400SE, JR Forza 450. Mikado Vcontrol.
Old 08-08-2012, 12:40 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

All you guys have been very helpful & I am going to pull the trigger . The TDR has spoiled me it doesn't sound likes its running.. I'm surprised I didn't see anyone mention putting a pyro 800 on 14s.. I had my 4535 nib for months I'm going to use that but I'm more into 3D then speed.. But I love to watch speed run ..
Old 08-08-2012, 01:04 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Now that you mention it, versatility is a big big asset of these 4 designs.

The other day we were discussing glow vs E, for 50th time, with my friends. One argued that he could get 9 minutes out of his N. I said put your E on 1600 rpm and you'll fly close to 9 mins. He answered his E on 1600 is shit, and since he served me the line I said "oh, right, you fly that piece of crap Ali** Tr**". Another one went on to his N's weight compared to an E with full lipos. I answered, my E ready to fly weights less than your N ready to fly.

All these are virtues of these german designs, not of all E.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in