Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters > 450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters

450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters 450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2012, 07:39 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sorry to hear that Ryan. I sure hope they make it right for you.

Dave
Lanman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2012, 10:12 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor244 View Post
my supercombo arrived today. and my canopy was damaged worse. ill be disappointed if i get the same response as you did,but im prepared for the worst.
Let me know what they say...

Also I added a couple of pics to the 2nd post.... Nothing good, just some pics to show the issue with the Walkera Rx that I chose....
Syma S107G - Yellow Toy
TaterTot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2012, 12:33 AM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

I emailed OOModel again and politely told them I thought their customer service wasn't what I think it should be and I would be making my purchases elsewhere. They decided to credit me the cost of the part towards my next purchase. Not sure that's an ideal solution but it's better than ignoring me all together. I did want to order the ZYX USB cable so I can use my laptop to setup the gyro as well as using the programmer. Plus the USB cable will give me the ability to install updates to the gyro in the future... assuming they release any updates.

I received my new motor mount today from CNCHelicopter so I can move forward with the build tomorrow. I have to install the motor, the electronics and I still have to do the tail geometry mod. Hopefully I'll have time to finsh the gyro setup this week and put it in the air soon.

Dave,
Clovis Ca.
Old 01-10-2012, 05:27 AM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

If I'm not mistaken your blade grips are backwards. FBL is opposite of FB. Check them against the manual.
I'm curious since mine was tipping over on spool up I found the same thing. Waiting on a new one way bearing to test it out.
Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
NjRep335i is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2012, 05:48 AM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanman View Post
Sorry to hear that Ryan. I sure hope they make it right for you.

Dave
I just received word from oomodel that the Tarot 450 super combo kit is going to be shipped to me in two shipments. Has anyone else experienced this? My servos, motor, esc, and gyro are being sent via airmail.

I received the heli and it looks like pretty good. It was packed very similar to my trex 450 super combo but w/out any electronics. The canopy was in good shape.
BargeFlyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2012, 05:55 AM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BargeFlyer View Post
I just received word from oomodel that the Tarot 450 super combo kit is going to be shipped to me in two shipments. Has anyone else experienced this? My servos, motor, esc, and gyro are being sent via airmail.

I received the heli and it looks like pretty good. It was packed very similar to my trex 450 super combo but w/out any electronics. The canopy was in good shape.
Can u check your blade grips and see if they match the manual?

Old 01-10-2012, 06:06 AM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by NjRep335i View Post
Can u check your blade grips and see if they match the manual?

Just looked at the grips. Other than color (silver not black) look the same as instruction manual. I also quickly held them up to my trex 450 pro and look pretty darn close to being identical.
Old 01-10-2012, 06:10 AM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BargeFlyer View Post
Just looked at the grips. Other than color (silver not black) look the same as instruction manual. I also quickly held them up to my trex 450 pro and look pretty darn close to being identical.
Are they in the right orintation? Look at lanmans his are on backwards like mine were.

Old 01-10-2012, 08:06 AM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for the heads up. I'll double check that ASAP.

Dave
Old 01-10-2012, 08:15 AM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanman View Post
Thanks for the heads up. I'll double check that ASAP.

Dave
No prob. I've been troubleshooting mine cuz it flips over on take off/ spool up. Waiting on some parts so I can test it out.

Old 01-10-2012, 08:21 AM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Out of the box the grips are good. I know I have made the mistake in the past of reassembling wrong after I took them apart to grease and locktight bearings and feathering shaft. Good eye on catching it.
Old 01-10-2012, 08:34 AM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

They are in fact backwards. Not sure how I missed that but I'm glad you have a good eye for detail. Much appreciated!

Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by NjRep335i View Post
If I'm not mistaken your blade grips are backwards. FBL is opposite of FB. Check them against the manual.
I'm curious since mine was tipping over on spool up I found the same thing. Waiting on a new one way bearing to test it out.
Old 01-10-2012, 02:14 PM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

Are you guys getting these from oomodels or hobby wing? I have seen it at both places but it is out of stock at hobby wing. Its is also a little cheaper at oomodels. I want to get the combo that includes the motor, servos etc. I know I will most likely change the electronics but for the price of everything it is not bad! Just trying to decide which one to order from. Which one had better service and shipment?
mini73 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2012, 02:17 PM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mini73 View Post
Are you guys getting these from oomodels or hobby wing? I have seen it at both places but it is out of stock at hobby wing. Its is also a little cheaper at oomodels. I want to get the combo that includes the motor, servos etc. I know I will most likely change the electronics but for the price of everything it is not bad! Just trying to decide which one to order from. Which one had better service and shipment?
As I said in the first post, I ordered mine from ooModel... They always answer their email and are very polite, BUT when I emailed them about my canopy they did not offer to fix it and it was 100% their fault. Also, Lanman said that he experienced the same thing with a motor mount... Just take a look at the last couple of pages of the thread...
Syma S107G - Yellow Toy
TaterTot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2012, 02:39 PM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have looked at the thread. Just wanted kind of a poll on who to go with. I guess I will go with them since they have the combo in stock supposedly
Old 01-10-2012, 05:49 PM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default www.tarot-rc-heli.com

I went to the www.tarot-rc-heli.com website and they are selling the Tarot 450 Pro V2 for $169.99. I think they are in the U.S. and this price is comparable to buying the same overseas and also paying to have it shipped. Having a distributor here in the U.S. would be great because it cuts down on the shipping time and there is a local source for kits, parts and upgrades. Also, there is someone who can answer my questions.

The website has pages for kits, parts, upgrade parts, blades and electronics. If they start carrying these also we'll have a supplier for less expensive parts!!!

I've ordered one of the 450 Pro V2 kits in silver alloy and I'll write a little more once it arrives. Can't wait!
SDedic214 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2012, 07:26 PM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDedic214 View Post
I went to the www.tarot-rc-heli.com website and they are selling the Tarot 450 Pro V2 for $169.99. I think they are in the U.S. and this price is comparable to buying the same overseas and also paying to have it shipped. Having a distributor here in the U.S. would be great because it cuts down on the shipping time and there is a local source for kits, parts and upgrades. Also, there is someone who can answer my questions.

The website has pages for kits, parts, upgrade parts, blades and electronics. If they start carrying these also we'll have a supplier for less expensive parts!!!

I've ordered one of the 450 Pro V2 kits in silver alloy and I'll write a little more once it arrives. Can't wait!
For $169.99, you can get an Align "airframe only" on eBay.
1157 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2012, 07:40 PM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

I used hobby-wing for my tarot pro. Flybarred (barebones kit)99.99. one of the bearing in my mixing arms were notchy and they sent me two new mixing arms. That's unbelievable for a Chinese company. I even offered to buy some additional parts to cover shipping but they said no worries they were happy to replace.
Hoosiermo1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2012, 09:33 PM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by mini73 View Post
I ordered the super combo with the electronics. I received the heli but no electronics. They recently told me they were shipping the electronics via. airmail due to weight issues. I found this to be strange. The original order was placed on the 18th of Dec. Still waiting for the electronics.
Old 01-11-2012, 03:07 AM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

Good to know about the place in the states that will be selling them. But as I need replacement a parts I will most likely replace them with align parts as they are everywhere and pretty easy to get. I ended up ordering the bare bone kit no electronics from I think Hawk r-c as they had the kit in stock and at the price I wanted. I like the idea of putting my own electronics in it anyways. ALready have some extra servos to go in it. Need to find a good 3 axis gyro to put on it. Maybe just go with an Align 3g since it is proven. Hopefully it does not take to long to get here. I have a little time to get my parts to put on it. Got the tracking number already so we will see how this goes.

Tags
box, fbl, flybarless, pro, tarot

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in