Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Flight Stabilization

Flight Stabilization Flight Stabilization

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2010, 09:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Did some research but still cant figure it out?!

Hi there,

I have a belt cp pro 2 and figured it was time to upgrade to something bigger. I am thinking of getting a Logo 600. Since i am not the best pilot in the world, i thought it would be not a bad idea to get something that can bail me out, in case something goes wrong.

I did some reading on the various systems but i am not sure which one would be best for me?! I am actually a bit confused over what does what????
I am not planning on doing any 3D. I just wanna mess around with the heli, try some new maneuvers and in case it doesn't work out as planned, the system saves me!

Which one is the one for me? Money not being an issue.
Does the CPII need a tail gyro?
How good is the Gyrobot?

thanks,
G
neavissa is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2010, 01:39 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by neavissa View Post
Hi there,

I have a belt cp pro 2 and figured it was time to upgrade to something bigger. I am thinking of getting a Logo 600. Since i am not the best pilot in the world, i thought it would be not a bad idea to get something that can bail me out, in case something goes wrong.

I did some reading on the various systems but i am not sure which one would be best for me?! I am actually a bit confused over what does what????
I am not planning on doing any 3D. I just wanna mess around with the heli, try some new maneuvers and in case it doesn't work out as planned, the system saves me!

Which one is the one for me? Money not being an issue.
Does the CPII need a tail gyro?
How good is the Gyrobot?

thanks,
G
The CPII makes use of all your existing hardware.

nightflyr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2010, 02:08 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflyr View Post
The CPII makes use of all your existing hardware.
Thanks for the reply but i am not sure what that means? I don't have a logo yet so how can it and i am not planning on putting it in the cp pro?

thanks,
G
Old 02-02-2010, 06:00 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

CPII has no internal gyro you'll need to install one

nightflyr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2010, 05:43 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here you can find info about the CP II. I actually have one and does what is says it will do. This is the link:

http://www.fmadirect.com/new_applications/copilot2.html

Hope it helps. I have read about the Gyrobot - oustanding too- but much more expensive and gyro based.
Locitur is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2010, 01:32 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locitur View Post
Here you can find info about the CP II. I actually have one and does what is says it will do. This is the link:

http://www.fmadirect.com/new_applications/copilot2.html

Hope it helps. I have read about the Gyrobot - oustanding too- but much more expensive and gyro based.
thanks to both of you...
Can i use the CPII and the v-bar at the same time? i am not sure what is more important to me at this time, flight stabilization or FBL?!

thanks,
G
Old 02-03-2010, 09:27 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

theoretically, there's no reason why you couldn't use the copilot and (almost) any fbl system at the same time. You would just have to hook it up like this:

receiver --> co-pilot --> FBL system --> Gyros

As a new comer, just advancing into a larger helicopter, I would recommend not going FBL yet. Get your heli, get the co-pilot, and learn to fly. You can always go FBL later.

Unless you were to get a helicommand rigid (or similar) which will do stabilization and FBL in the same unit.
06graphite is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2010, 12:05 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06graphite View Post
theoretically, there's no reason why you couldn't use the copilot and (almost) any fbl system at the same time. You would just have to hook it up like this:

receiver --> co-pilot --> FBL system --> Gyros

As a new comer, just advancing into a larger helicopter, I would recommend not going FBL yet. Get your heli, get the co-pilot, and learn to fly. You can always go FBL later.

Unless you were to get a helicommand rigid (or similar) which will do stabilization and FBL in the same unit.
that's good news...thanks for the info!
my dilemma, if you wanna call it that, is that i would like to get the logo 600 FBL/v-bar combo and than add the flight stabilization. The reason why i wanna go with the v-bar and add FS, is that i, for some reason, believe the v-bar is better with the logo 600 than the gyrobot. i might be wrong here, its just e feeling...maybe because its by mikado as well...
i don't have to go FBL right away. i agree. i am more interested on the FS than the FBL...

thanks,
G

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in