Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 600 Class Nitro Helicopters

600 Class Nitro Helicopters 600 Class Nitro Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2007, 10:26 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

I like the trex , but I dont think I need to nitro birds.... Do I ??
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2007, 10:32 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZ3Astro
The pricing on the 600N is a big disappointment for me. I just don't see $600 worth of parts... from Align... you know, the guys who brought us the original plastic Trex 450! Guess I'll sit this one out.
You forget the cost for Alan, Marcus & Jason
speedpass is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-27-2007, 05:46 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

At first I also thought that the price was a little high when compared to the e-version.

But there are extra parts that are needed for a nitro version (fan, clutch, clutch bell,bearing blocks,cooling shroud).

Add the painted fiberglass canopy, and torque tube and I think they are in the ball park.
Helifan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-27-2007, 09:32 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think the cost is a little bit steep compared to the electric, which I think is a good deal. I know I'll probably get one, but I'll wait a bit.

Cheers!
Lee
JesusFreak is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-27-2007, 09:43 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well I just ordered my OS 50 Hyper, 30%, SAB and the MUSCLE PIPE today....

www.thetrexforums.com
electricdarr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2007, 12:08 AM   #26 (permalink)

i'm still getting one.
MICHAEL is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2007, 01:36 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I should have this bird. But, I will for another month for the combo.
aamwood is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2007, 04:36 PM   #28 (permalink)

Got two on pre-order from Rick's. One wil have a 601 and 9451's and the other will have a611 and 9155's. Overkill I know but that's what I have sitting around after the Aurora wait. Might as well use it. I can't wait!
medflight is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2007, 01:59 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Pre orderd mine from Fastlad here in to U.K.

http://www.fast-lad.co.uk
Old 04-30-2007, 03:32 AM   #30 (permalink)

The pricing should definalty show that ALIGN are picking up there standards aye. Despite the fact that the side frames will probably become a major issue for those who crash frequently, $$$ wise...it out there for those who have the $$, are able to fly hard core and Just to be able to write 'TREX 600 N' in there sigy.

I'm waiting for the non-pro version to come out, there for I don't have to pay for the carbon frame sets. Personally I'm not a big fan of the TT, so its gonna suit me fine and the G10 frames aren't as interactive with electric interferences and its choice for those who don't have the $$ :mrgreen:
tiranosaurus rex is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2007, 06:18 AM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

4 more days.I know, I am impatient. Has anybody got it or received good news yet ?
aamwood is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2007, 06:18 AM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

the price is alot better than the T-REX 600 Electric once you consider that the batteries for the electric are so much ,needing at least 2 or 3 packs just to get any decent flight time any given day, your looking at almost 800 - 900 buck just in packs just to get started . buy the nitro version, buy a gallon of fuel for 30 bucks and your in the air for a long time . so as far as cost the nitro is a better deal up front and youd need to put near a hundred hours on it before you were close to the up front cost of batteries for the electric , not counting rx packs because you need them for both versions.
steve28 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2007, 08:27 AM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yes the price of the bateries is high to start, but you have to look at it as buying all of your fuel at once for the purchase to make sense. My raptor gets 9 min. per 16 oz tank = 72 min. flying time at $24.00 per gal. I'm hoping and have been told that as long as I take care of the packs (no more then 80 percent discharged), I should get 200 cyclces at 5 min. flying time per = 1000min / 72 = 13.9 gallons of nitro needed at $24.00 per gal. = $333.60. My packs cost $290.00. Crash damage: I put my 600E straight into the ground at a pretty good speed (rotor blades left some deep imprints into this tough TN clay) and the main pack was not damaged
byHISgrace is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2007, 10:11 AM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

I’m thinking this way, how long does it take you to get through your 200 cycles, 2 years? By the time you are done with your 200th cycle, FP already evolution to evo35 or evo40. Your EVO20 is outdated and underpowered. You may end up just using your EVO20 for preflight check up.
I still think electric or nitro is just personal preference.
speedpass is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2007, 01:27 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

One thing I have learn to L-O-V-E about electrics is the lack of setup/tuning you have to do.

Just open up the van
Grab your heli
Plug it in
Fly

I have a total of 7 sets of packs so usually by the time I am done flying, with everyone else flying at our field getting their turn, I am done for the day.

Nitros are nice for those days you just want to keep flying all day without worrying about running a generator and swapping packs on and off the chargers.
Old 05-03-2007, 06:33 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Oh, and at the end of the day, just toss it int eh van/car and drive away. No muss, no cleaning.

But I agree, it is a personal choice, and that is why both Align and TT make them in both versions.
AMA#47402, IRCHA # 3395
Blade CP "Pro", Trex 450SE, PiccoZ, Quick of Japan EP8v2 EX, Hurricane 550, Hurricane 200, JR Vibe 50, Blade mCX, Bergen Intrepid Gasser, Pantera 50, Blade mSR, Novus CP
Pinecone is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2007, 09:46 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

I also love the fact that you don't have to "tune" the Electrics. It's also easier to play with different pinions and setups, and much cleaner. The 600N costs a fair bit more then the E, because of costs like the clutch, startup mechanism, etc. All those things need maintenance too, which tends to get overlooked. Plus you need a good starter, starting rod, etc. Many of us have that stuff already, but still it's valid.

I think we are just at the start of the battery revolution. There are so many factors driving advances right now. I'm very happy with my TP and FP 20C packs. I'm not a hot-dogger yet with my 600, but it's more then enough to keep me happy, and by the time I progress, I expect better/less expensive packs and beter/less expensive motors. The Nitro stuff is pretty well tapped. Not that it's bad, but your not going to see a huge improvement in what a .50 size motor can do from this year to next.

It is a matter of preference, and I'm actually considering one of the "low end" 600Ns once things settle down. I waited for a couple revs. on the 600E and will do the same on the N. The speed that these things are being improved is really tremendous. It's also exciting to see the increased interest in Helis since the Blade and inexpensive E-helis hit the market.

I tried Nitro before my Blade, and just got too frustrated. Electric took away some of the fear factor and I was able to work my way up in knowledge and abilities with great folks here like Finless. Now I feel confident enough in understanding how the Heli works, How to program the radio and how to do the basic setup to tackle a Nitro motor again. But if the costs and performance continue to improve at the same rate they have for electrics, I think there will be minimal appeal for Nitro for me in the future.

Cheers!
Lee
JesusFreak is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2007, 08:52 AM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I totally agree with Debian, the 600E is fantastic for flying after work or other short intervals. Grab the heli, fly, put back into truck, no mess, no fuss. If however I'm flying on the weekend, I'll take the nitro to run all day long. I also agree about the easy tuning of the 600E, no throtle curves or needles to be messin' with for changing weather. I advise any interested heli flyers to the look at the electrics first so that they have fewer things to worry about.
byHISgrace is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2007, 09:06 AM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

I guess it must be me but I don't get the electric during the week. Sure it's nice to just throw it in the car and go fly. But if you don't have at least 4 packs then it doesn't make sense to me. Even if you have 4 packs that's about 20 minutes of flying. In the 2 hours or so of daylight I have after work there's not really enough time to charge packs. Last night I was able to throw a gallon of fuel and my flight bag in the car and fly (4) 10 minute flights in the hour and a half I had. It took 5 minutes to wipe it down with alcohol when I was done.
Gscott is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2007, 06:31 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

What do you mean a whole lot more???

The 600CF Electric runs $560, the 600N Pro lists at $599. The Pro includes metal head parts (not sure which ones at what price) and the torque tube tail ($110). It also the thrusted tail also. You do have to buy a motor.
AMA#47402, IRCHA # 3395
Blade CP "Pro", Trex 450SE, PiccoZ, Quick of Japan EP8v2 EX, Hurricane 550, Hurricane 200, JR Vibe 50, Blade mCX, Bergen Intrepid Gasser, Pantera 50, Blade mSR, Novus CP
Pinecone is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in