Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > SAB Goblin 630/700/770

SAB Goblin 630/700/770 SAB Heli Division 630/700/770 - Goblin Helicopters Factory Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2012, 10:39 AM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

Boy I was not paying much attention about the made in Asia thing but now that I know I think I may ask for my money back. I agree if its made there fine just be honest about it I think I am over the Goblin I am not sure what other 700 to get but I will be looking.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2012, 10:45 AM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

NEW NEWS on goblin website
jhheli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2012, 10:49 AM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by heliaddict2424 View Post
Boy I was not paying much attention about the made in Asia thing but now that I know I think I may ask for my money back. I agree if its made there fine just be honest about it I think I am over the Goblin I am not sure what other 700 to get but I will be looking.
[rant]
Better stop using that iPhone, laptop, car, Futaba radio and the Internet while you're at it then. In this global economy every company has to be competitive at volume our die. Every Apple, Cisco, yadda yadda product is pretty much manufactured in Asia. Giant mfg plants like Foxconn provide on campus cities where people live their lives making all the gadgets we buy at Frys and Best Buy. If you're going anti-Asia why stop with Helicopters? Only way out is to go Omnish and off the grid.

"Designed in Cupertino made in China" is proudly badged on every Apple product. Designed in Italy mfg in wherever works for me.

If it were all made in Italy, would you complain about double the kit price or double the price for spare parts? It wouldn't be competitive. And the model would just die or at best become a niche novelty.

I get it though. We pay special attention to the things with which we associate our very own identity. Like our Helicopters and cars. Then ignore where the $2000 of "other stuff" that we load into the model is made. 1/4 - 2/3 of the cost of all your Heli's was likely made in China. Yet it may not look that way with its German airframe. Human psychology is an interesting topic.

[/rant]
OnTheSnap is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2012, 11:34 AM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

In Italy we have a really serious economic crisis: there are a lot of unemployed people and a large area of country underdeveloped. The canopy has a list price of 95$. I have a lot of difficulty on convincing myself that at this list price isn't possible to start a local production in Italy.
alexvan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2012, 11:53 AM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
We have been getting first shipment of Canomod canopies from Asia and are putting them into kits. We will start shipping within Italy soon. More Canomod canopies are on the way. Need to wait for them to finish all after Chinese New Year. For better logistic, shipment to most American and Asian countries, we will ship our parts to Canomod to package and ship the kits to everywhere else from there so we do not have to import stuffs into Italy which may drive the cost of the kit up unnecessarily
Straight from the SAB forums, seems the holidays are delaying shipping of canopyes
felborn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2012, 12:04 PM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexvan View Post
In Italy we have a really serious economic crisis: there are a lot of unemployed people and a large area of country underdeveloped. The canopy has a list price of 95$. I have a lot of difficulty on convincing myself that at this list price isn't possible to start a local production in Italy.
For every Goblin sold, doesn't SAB get a huge chunk of the profit? Irrespective of component sourcing, every Goblin sold pumps $$ into SAB which is then dispersed into the Italian economy.

If the $95 Canopy has a 70% profit margin with Canomod, and a 40% margin with an Italian local then less money goes to SAB but as a sacrifice for SAB they helped a local. Do this across the board now SAB is not very successful, the Italian company may go out of business. Interesting dilemma. Make SAB successful their company grows, creating jobs in Italy and we see a Goblin 2. Businesses have tough financial decisions to make that are not always black and white.

But we're way off topic. Just place your vote with your hard earned $$.
Old 01-25-2012, 12:41 PM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

we will ship our parts to Canomod to package and ship the kits to everywhere else from there so we do not have to import stuffs into Italy which may drive the cost of the kit up
unnecessarily

this is from sab and sounds like bullshit
trapid1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2012, 12:57 PM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapid1 View Post
we will ship our parts to Canomod to package and ship the kits to everywhere else from there so we do not have to import stuffs into Italy which may drive the cost of the kit up
unnecessarily

this is from sab and sounds like bullshit
Not really, maybe our italian friend can elaborate, but Italy/France are heaviliy burdened by Taxes, in this case Import/Export Taxes can drive up the cost significantly. We bitch about 30%, they are 42% Max Tax Rate plus 20% VAT(Import/Export)

Synergy N5C sitting in Box...
Mystic3D is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2012, 01:27 PM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic3D View Post
Not really, maybe our italian friend can elaborate, but Italy/France are heaviliy burdened by Taxes, in this case Import/Export Taxes can drive up the cost significantly. We bitch about 30%, they are 42% Max Tax Rate plus 20% VAT(Import/Export)
I don't know anything about import/export taxes. But I can say that in Italy the tax laws are very flexible...
Old 01-25-2012, 03:27 PM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic3D View Post
Taxes
smart.
Lynx
el guapo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2012, 03:51 PM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi,
If you have a business in Europe, and have to import the canopies (large part) and put itin a big kit carton and then ship back to Asia or ship to Usa, the volumic weight invoiced by the freight company, assuming you are a bit late and won t take the risk for a seashipment, would be very high. Asia /Usa to Europe shipping is cheap, but Europe to Asia or Usa is insane price.
So a good business management and logic would pack up the mechanical parts in bulk with the boxes still in flat mode (not deployed) and ship it out for spreading from the cheapest shipping point possible for Usa and Asian territories.
Iconfirm that in Europe taxes are high, but this is not the major problem. Importing your own canopies in some ways, then to ship them out again, you have to make a profit on it (basic rule of a company on a legal point of view) and handle the shipping back.VAT is no object because its import so you only advance the VAT and get it back on the next quarter.
Sending the smallest parts willgive a better ratio of volumic weight (size of the parcel compared to weight) and will send lot of money and lot of time. So it seems to be a very logical good move and it will speed up the deliveries also.
Fabien is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2012, 07:32 PM   #72 (permalink)
Registered Users

As I pour over all this discussion of European economics, import/export taxes, volumetric weights, international shipping Logistics, etc., one thing becomes perfectly clear...

We all need our Goblins!!

We're all just looking for anything even remotely Goblin-related to talk about!!

SynergyAero is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2012, 07:34 PM   #73 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by SynergyAero View Post
As I pour over all this discussion of European economics, import/export taxes, volumetric weights, international shipping Logistics, etc., one thing becomes perfectly clear...

We're all just looking for anything even remotely Goblin-related to talk about!!

+1. I've never had the level of anticipation I have for my Goblin!
Old 01-26-2012, 12:26 AM   #74 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by SynergyAero View Post
I really agree with you!
Old 01-26-2012, 06:33 AM   #75 (permalink)
Registered Users

Talking

I need mine also .....
Fabien is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2012, 11:31 AM   #76 (permalink)
Registered Users

How ab the all up weight of the barebones kit itself? Has anyone seen a figure? I saw another post that said SAB would build one a show a pic of it on the scale. As far as my electronics go they r all here and weigh almost 3kg together. Ouch!! This is with all connectors soldered including some braided wrap for protection

Goblins weight breakdown

Scorpion 4525. * * * * * * * * * * *500gr
* * * * * * (Xera 4530 add 50gr)
JR8717HV x3. * * * * * * * * * * * 250gr
Torq 9188. * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 70gr
Castle Ice2 160HV. * * * * ** * *250gr
SK720 w/power bus. * * * * * * 65gr
Satellites x2. * * * * * * * * * * * *10gr
Rx battery. * * * * * * * * * * * * * *100gr*
Flight packs x2. * * * * * * * * * 1500gr*
Heli
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *Total=2745gr
McCollister911 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2012, 09:08 AM   #77 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sab has added 3 new photos to there facebook page, everything packaged up and then picks of them in the box, the description say ready for shipment from Italy warehouse.
Old 01-29-2012, 09:13 AM   #78 (permalink)
Registered Users

The final kit seems really far from being ready for shipping. In Italy there are rumors that the first kits will be shipped within two weeks.
Old 01-29-2012, 09:18 AM   #79 (permalink)
Registered Users

I don't understand why ? the parts are packaged and in the box, and it looks like they have enough canopies but why wouldn't they be ready, in the description it says off to the right ready for shipment ? I thought they showed the process of the kits getting boxed up, whats left.
Old 01-29-2012, 09:23 AM   #80 (permalink)
Registered Users

Probably they still have to put all the prepackaged parts in the kit box. I agree with you that it isn't a long task. But they have to assembly and check a lot of kits.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in