Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Other Makes and Models Helicopters > Quest and Kyosho

Quest and Kyosho Kyosho Caliber, Kyosho Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2007, 02:05 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Upgrades

Hey guys, need to get this forum moving. What are your thoughts on upgrade parts. Kyosho are a little slack on the subject. There are lots of parts for "other" helis that will fit our machines. What ya got where?
kiwiflyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2007, 09:01 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I am using a K&S tail boom brace, Caliber 30 head button, and a R50 mast collar.

And Vblades/Vpaddles.
Old 02-12-2007, 08:29 PM   #3 (permalink)

Iv only got Vpaddles/NHP tail blades/CY musle pipe.
Maxx26 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2007, 01:44 PM   #4 (permalink)

I only :wink: got radix tail blades
rc-helimaster is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2007, 10:50 PM   #5 (permalink)

I will let you guys know after I fly mine..Im gonna be a Kyosho nut again..I can smell it..Ill have me a new Cal5 on monday..I quit Kyosho when the Cal3 first came out.Went to Raptors.The Cal5 looks to be greatness..Any of you guys doing any really hard core flying with it?.Im hopeing it will perform equal or better than a hot rappy 50..Im sure I will enhance it a bit.In the Nexus days I could really get one to fly like no other..I used some parts from rappy30`s and xcell 60`s to upgrade the nexus and the concept 30..
exnexusluver is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2007, 08:28 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Look for my crashvid, its not the best of the best in both quality and 3D but it sure looks like it
Old 02-21-2007, 10:29 AM   #7 (permalink)

How would you rate this heli compaired to a rappy 50? anyone?
Old 02-21-2007, 11:48 AM   #8 (permalink)

I like my caliber5 alot but if I had to do over i would spend the extra money and get the raptor the parts are cheaper and easier to get

I have a caliber5 and a raptor30 and thay both are great heli's
Maxx26 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2007, 12:29 PM   #9 (permalink)

I love the rappy too,but I have been flying rappy 50`s and 60`s for the last 4 or 5 years.Im ready to get back to Kyosho..I also fly some old Schluters.I have to say,I wish Schluter was still doing heli`s..My next heli will be a rappy 90 though..Rappies are great heli`s.I hope the Cal5 will hold up to my stick banging.I will post what I think of it after I fly it on Tuesday..Im gonna use standard servos,OS50 hyper,GY 401..Depending on how it does I may change to digi servo`s,better paddles and maybe an xcell 60 flybar..
Old 07-14-2007, 10:45 AM   #10 (permalink)

Default 60 parts

I think I just goofed. I bought a Cocept 60 off e-bay. No parts anywhere except for midway / UK, and they don't have pictures. Trying to get a digital manual from seller. Just read a post about "NOT" using a 401 for the tail because of the twisting wire t/r drive. Oh boy, what did I get myself into? HELP!!!
Dustman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2007, 10:31 AM   #11 (permalink)

I have several concept 60's, (sr, sr2 versions). I'm not up to the 3d stuff yet, but they are great in a strong wind...better than my smaller calibers. When it's windy or gusty, the concept 60 is my bird of choice. I have lots of the manuals if you need one, and can send you some parts if you are having trouble finding them. Probably best to PM me if you want me to send you some stuff.

ps. I never charge for heli stuff...I just want to help keep the hobby alive!
blue_collar2 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-05-2007, 07:27 AM   #12 (permalink)

I am new to the hobby and was just given a Nexus 30. I am in the same boat with the lack of parts support. Does anyone know what parts from other heli's will fit this bird?

Thanks,

Chris
csjg3525 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-05-2007, 01:15 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Can someone help me out with a hobbyshop or website where I can get the 12mm blade grips for my 19 year old Concept 30. I also need a clutch bell and fan but everywhere I look they seem to be out of stock since 1995.

Even an alternative head from another model / brand. Its just I'm a bit attached to this old bird and want to keep her flying for a good few years yet.
Allancito is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2008, 01:44 AM   #14 (permalink)

Default Helimax 25a esc

The Helimax 25a esc that came with the kit will not activate the Helimax motor that also came with the kit. Tower has sent another esc and that too didn't work. they are now sending a third esc, but I doubt it will work. I tried an Align 25a esc and that works fine. tower says the fault may be that because I am using a JR transmitter and a dual shift Hiteck receiver this might be fouling up the esc. The Helimax esc does beep to indicate it is armed, but that's all it does
Murray is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2008, 04:13 PM   #15 (permalink)
MLH

Huh?
MLH is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in