Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters > 4#6

4#6 Walkera 4#6 Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2010, 03:59 PM   #81 (permalink)
Registered Users

The skids are alot wider than you think and you wont be able to mount the boom supports to the side. That was my first thought but didnt work out. There off a CB180D.
joeyhatch11 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2010, 04:04 PM   #82 (permalink)
Registered Users

can you show a pic with the canopy on, looks good but how much weight does it add
Mikegigabyte is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2010, 04:12 PM   #83 (permalink)
Registered Users

I dont know if a canopy will fit and I'm unsure about the weight. I was wondering that myself but i dont have a scale to weight anything. All i know is with the stock motor it wont perform well. I'll try and get a canopy on, if I do then I'll take pics and post.
Old 03-10-2010, 04:21 PM   #84 (permalink)
Registered Users

Not sure how much it cost you, but the mia tuff gear is really good, but its $30. Works with my stocker
But I like how yours looks

Old 03-10-2010, 04:32 PM   #85 (permalink)
Registered Users

I got the landing gear on Ebay, shipped from HK for only $7. It looks like a scorpion with the body off. I'm going to upload some pics now with the canopy on. Be back in a few.
Old 03-10-2010, 04:39 PM   #86 (permalink)
Registered Users

With canopy:

Old 03-10-2010, 08:33 PM   #87 (permalink)
Registered Users

HELP everything was running fine, I chipped a blade, put a new one on and flew fine except for a whole body wobble when filcking the controls because I was used to a slightly shorter blade. So I cut the blades down as the old ones were and flew fine, switched batteries and now tail drift, about 50% of the time. Checked everything I could think of changed tail blades and also noticed rx antenna seems like maybe some strands may be broken where soldered. Other then that I cant find the cause.

Ive changed the swashplate, links, main rotor, tail blades, 2 sets of main blades, both cut slightly smaller. Floated receiver kept it from touching chassis while flying, same results. Yesterday it did drift a few times but I was going over a bed and thought it was from the wind, but maybe now something was starting to go wrong, I ordered a new receiver because ive changed too many other parts.

Edited, changed out esc, took cover off of receiver pulled out broken antenna wire, only held on by a few strands. Pulled out all servos, put tail servo into aileron port and it worked, no jitter or anything but it worked very slow. Put aileron servo into rudder port and it worked with the gyro in my hand, couldnt fly it. Put everything back with different esc and brand new stock blades and same problem. Secured receiver with rubberband with cover off.
Today hopefully the new rx comes in, I have read someone solved this problem by changing the bearings on the tail but it may have been for tail vibration, not drifting either way. My only options left are the bearings and tail servo. Everything else has been replaced with new parts except for servos.

Last edited by Mikegigabyte; 03-12-2010 at 10:31 AM..
Old 03-11-2010, 06:59 AM   #88 (permalink)
Registered Users

wow you sure have changed alot of this heli. Mine takes a pretty good beating every day and I haven't had to replace that much stuff. As for the drift issue, did you plug the heli lipo in, set it down, and then turn on the Tx? I've found that it I have the Tx already on, then plug in the heli sometimes I'll get a tail spin/drift out of it. If you've done that correctly and it's still giving you issues then I would say it's time for a new Rx.
Old 03-11-2010, 08:17 AM   #89 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ive flow it 5 times or more a day for about 3 weeks now. No big crashes, most crashes is when the battery is low and I cant rise fast enough. Ive tried 3 sets of batteries and even laying it down on the side when turning on. Ive tried every way of turning it on. Like I said in the post before it started doing it yesterday but randomly, now its almost the whole time with intermittent stableness. Only thing I havent changed would be the rear tail bearings but I swapped them around and they seem fine. Hopefully its the rx and maybe I can study the other one to see if I can fix it. Main rotor is perfectly straight.
Old 03-11-2010, 08:30 AM   #90 (permalink)
Registered Users

have you tried messing with the pots on the Rx to see if changing them up would give you any control back? I know on the Esky 4-in-1's theres a way to reset them if the tail doesn't hold. I think you turn everything on, turn all the pots down, then all the way up. After that, turn everything off and reset the pots back to where they were before and then turn everything back on. I know I did that on my Esky Lama v3 and it fixed my tail drift issue and locked everything back in. It wouldnt hurt to try and you already have a new Rx on they way. Either case let us know how you make out once you get the new one and if that fixes the problem. Later, Joe
Old 03-11-2010, 08:59 AM   #91 (permalink)
Registered Users

I havent tried what you say, but I did turn the gyro all the way down, couldnt even take off all the way up still does it. I keep the gyro in the center, and I did adjust the ext a little but nothing. I will try your idea.

Just tried it, still doesnt fix it. Hopefully the new rx will fix it. If not I will try the servo and rear tail bearings as a last resort. Probably got more in parts now then what I paid for it.
Old 03-11-2010, 10:45 AM   #92 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thats a shame dude, but good luck. Make sure you report back after you get that new Rx in.
Old 03-12-2010, 04:35 PM   #93 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well got the rx and same problems. Only thing now left to change is the tail servo, even though it moves maybe its to weak to hold the position from the force of the tail blades, at full power in my hand it moves sluggish, more to one direction. I guess if its not strong the force causes it to center itself, making the tail drift both directions while the gyro compensates. I have enough parts now except for a chassis to make another heli. Im sick to my stomach how much ive dumped into this thing, and all along its worked great.
Old 03-12-2010, 04:53 PM   #94 (permalink)
Registered Users

Im having a tail issue now too but I know for a fact its the tail servo. Its twitching really bad. Do u have to buy the three pack or can u buy just a single servo?
Old 03-12-2010, 05:27 PM   #95 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyhatch11 View Post
Im having a tail issue now too but I know for a fact its the tail servo. Its twitching really bad. Do u have to buy the three pack or can u buy just a single servo?

wow hobbies.com has a single one, about $20
http://www.wowhobbies.com/hm-4g6-z-3...kera4g6-1.aspx
Old 03-12-2010, 05:30 PM   #96 (permalink)
Registered Users

Cool thanks man. I hope that solves your problem too.
Old 03-12-2010, 05:31 PM   #97 (permalink)
Registered Users

how do you know when its twitching, is this in flight? mine has always vibrated when on, not running the heli. If you touch it the vibrating gets worse, I assume thats the gyro. Or do you consider whats happening to mine twitching while in the air its real sloppy and loose.
Old 03-12-2010, 06:30 PM   #98 (permalink)
Registered Users

My servos twiching while one yes but then out of now where will throw hard left or hard right and get stuck there. Thats a beat servo. LOL I noticed how it twitches while it's on and not moving but its really not bd just a slight shutter.
Old 03-12-2010, 07:00 PM   #99 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyhatch11 View Post
My servos twiching while one yes but then out of now where will throw hard left or hard right and get stuck there. Thats a beat servo. LOL I noticed how it twitches while it's on and not moving but its really not bd just a slight shutter.

OK, mine may just be weak and slow compared to a new one. Mine is only 4 weeks old. But if this is normal wear and tear thats fine, but since I have no experience with these I have no idea when these parts start to go.
Old 03-12-2010, 07:06 PM   #100 (permalink)
Registered Users

All I know is that mine has been through hell and I've only broken a set of main blades and now a servo. I've probably put a good 60+ batteries through this and it's been great. I love flying it at work in the bays when I have down time and it's rather cheap to fix. Awsome heli. I'm working on a HK450 Pro from HobbyCity now. Should have the rest of my parts in a week or two. Gotta love that Hong Kong shipping.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in