Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Mikado Logo Helicopters

Mikado Logo Helicopters Mikado Logo Helicopters Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2012, 11:16 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Unhappy V-Bar "Ambiguous Value on Aileron Sensor at Init"

Hi all,

I have posted this in the V-bar section as well, but seeing as most Logo flyers use V-bar I thought I would try my luck here as well as the V-bar section can be a little quiet at times.

I’m struggling with an ”Ambiguous Value on Aileron Sensor at Init” error on my blue line mini V-bar.

The unit is mounted in a Logo 500 using zeal tape with a zip tie covered with fuel tube to hold it in place (I know there is a name for this method of mounting but I can’t remember what it is).

First flight of the day was great, the heli initialised with no problems and it flew like a dream. Upon landing I swapped out the batteries and plugged in for the next flight (the heli was perfectly still during the initialization process) but instead of the normal pump-pump I got the “34 pitch pumps of death”.

I bought the heli home and checked the log (see attached file) and it obviously said Ambiguous Value on Aileron Sensor at Init”. I have checked the forum for solutions (init heli on its side, re-bind AR8000 receiver, and do fresh V-bar install) but nothing seems to work.

I bought the V-bar from Ready Heli on the Black Friday Sale 5 month ago. The V-bar has about 50-60 flights on it and has only ever been used in my Logo 500 (it has never crashed, or even had a hard landing).

Other than all the pitch pumps and the flashing red V on the unit the heli still seems to respond fine to radio inputs and tipping the heli left/right and back/forward still seems to produce the correct response from the V-bar unit on the swash plate. I have obviously not flown the heli since the error has occurred.

Any help/ input would be greatly appreciated.
Bullfrog98 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-29-2012, 02:43 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

First of all, I would lose the Zeal tape and go with 3m tape or Mikado tape. Better response as the Zeal tends to to wiggle even when strapped down.
Next maybe I missed it but are you flying Spektrum with sats?? I had a bad sat wire that caused that issue for me so check those as well.........Ron
Laughingstill is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2012, 01:05 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply Laughingstill, I don't use sats for that very reason, I have an AR8000 linked to the V-bar.

Mr Mel posted in the V-bar forum and apparently I need to return the unit to Ready Heli.... Thanks Mr Mel
Old 05-09-2012, 02:49 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Well BIG thumbs up to Ready Heli for some great customer service. I sent the faulty v-bar unit back to them as requested, and I got an e-mail this morning stating that the new one is on its way.

Just goes to show you why I would rather spend my hard earned cash with a company like Ready Heli on the other side of the world rather than dealing with my local suppliers. Hardest part of the whole process was standing in line at the post office waiting to post the old v-bar back to Ready Heli.
Old 05-09-2012, 07:06 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Readyheli CS is top notch. Gotta love em.
Old 05-10-2012, 04:10 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ready Heli customer service is one of the tops in this industry.

They go out of their way to take care of the customer.
Old 05-10-2012, 10:05 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Glad you got it taken care of!
sgrim80 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2012, 10:13 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've dealt with a lot of companies over the years RC & otherwise. I have never had better or faster customer service than Ready Heli.
aviatorflyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in