Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Mikado Logo Helicopters

Mikado Logo Helicopters Mikado Logo Helicopters Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2014, 09:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Next Logo after 550SX: 690SX or 700 Exxtreme???

I've been flying for 2 years and have had a Logo 550SX for the last year. I love the heli and definitely happy with my choice, it's been a great tool for me to learn and evolve my 3D flying.

Now I'm considering stepping up to a 700 size machine, and I wonder which one would be more useful and a better "school" for me between the 690SX and the 700 Exxtreme.

I've read the basic diferences between the 2 here in the forum, but which one would be more useful for me and help me speed up the 3D learning curve the most?

Or let's phrase the question in a different way: considering that potentially you would end up getting both, which one should one get first? Which one will allow me to learn more tricks and progress my flying the most?

Thanks!

Felipe
Flipper76 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-11-2014, 09:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Both are great models. Of course the 700 is heavier. So if you want lighter go with the 690SX.

VCONTROL*NEO*TRIBUNUS*MKS*VTX*DPL8 W/BUMP CONTROL*MEANWELL
Corvette & Copter Guy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2014, 09:56 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

i wanted to know the same thing i'm somebody asked this question,i can say this thought if money is not a question then the 700 is your ticket.As you seek to be a 3d pilot your going to crash and this i where 690 is going to be your friend simply cost less to repair.
waheed1998 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2014, 10:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

what difference does it make to be lighter?
Old 10-11-2014, 10:52 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The 700 is huge. It really stands out among other 700 models. The frame is carbon fiber VS plastic. The head is big as well and is shared in the 800 Xxtreme. I personally like a little more weight. Kinda like a big car...the ride is smoother.

VCONTROL*NEO*TRIBUNUS*MKS*VTX*DPL8 W/BUMP CONTROL*MEANWELL
Corvette & Copter Guy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2014, 11:17 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flipper76 View Post
what difference does it make to be lighter?
It makes a huge difference. I just finished my 690 (I love it!!) and am building a 700 now. They are completely differny a beasts. The 690 will be very floaty, and won't be a powerhouse(not saying it is weak) whereas the 700 will be a monster that will handle anything you can through at it.

I don't want to tell you to get either but consider this:

690 is cheaper to buy and to repair
690 will not fly as precise or beastly in the air
The 700 is a more complex build, which is good for someone with little build experience.
Both are abolutely incredible
I Fly Helis is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-12-2014, 08:59 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvette & Copter Guy View Post
The 700 is huge. It really stands out among other 700 models. I personally like a little more weight. Kinda like a big car...the ride is smoother.
do you feel like the extra weight actually helps you in some manuevers?
Old 10-12-2014, 09:01 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Fly Helis View Post
The 690 will be very floaty, and won't be a powerhouse(not saying it is weak) whereas the 700 will be a monster that will handle anything you can through at it.

I don't want to tell you to get either but consider this:

690 is cheaper to buy and to repair
690 will not fly as precise or beastly in the air
The 700 is a more complex build, which is good for someone with little build experience.
Both are abolutely incredible
you mean the 700 is a more complex build so good for someone with more build experience?

Also, do you feel the extra weight helps in learning manuevers?
Old 10-12-2014, 12:06 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flipper76 View Post
you mean the 700 is a more complex build so good for someone with more build experience?

Also, do you feel the extra weight helps in learning manuevers?
No, you should get the experience of a build that is more complex than the standard logo plastic frame build.

I would not say more weight is better for learning manuevers. Neither heavier nor lighter is better for learning.
I Fly Helis is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-12-2014, 06:32 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Fly Helis View Post
No, you should get the experience of a build that is more complex than the standard logo plastic frame build.

I would not say more weight is better for learning manuevers. Neither heavier nor lighter is better for learning.
so you think the weight makes a difference only in how stable it is in the wind and stuff?

Thanks!
Old 10-12-2014, 06:35 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

The 700 is going to track better (be more precise) than the 690 due to its weight.
Old 10-12-2014, 09:54 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

690 pros
Flight time
Weight
Cost
Cons
Limited motor options (although the stock motor does the job just fine)
Any wind and it's going to be harder to learn.
No battery tray

Pros
Precise in any weather
Runs up to 750 blades
Very visible
Very strong drive train

Cons
Cost
Weight
Flight time

Just my opinion, depends what you like at the end of the day, if money wasn't a issue i would get the 700

Sent from my one plus one
Old 10-14-2014, 07:46 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

As an in-between step, you might want to try converting your 550sx into an "se". My first logo was a 550sx. The next year, I got a 550se and by mid-flying season, I had stretched my sx as a backup ship. The cost to change the sx to se is minimal. ( boom, belt, TR control rod, and 600mm blades if you don't already have some)
I much prefer the feel of the se.

Going from the 550se to the 690sx, you have way more power to help push through maneuvers. The 690sx has better visibility, both because it's bigger and the white bellypan really shows up in the air. I've seen several Logo700s fly and even though they a quite a bit bigger on the ground, they don't look a whole lot different in the air.

For competition, I'm sure the Logo 700 would be the right choice. For learning though, the extra flight time (EVERY flight), and lower crash costs.........that's what really counts. I was flying my 690 in 30mph gusting winds on Sat. Other than my hat blowing off, the heli handled it just fine. ( much better than the 550 ). The 690 had small altitude changes when hit by gusts but that was it.

Because of the light weight, the 690 flys really well at 1600-1800 as well. At 1600, I can get 10min flights if I'm not banging on the collective.

The Logo700 is impressive, but for learning on, I chose the 690sx, and I'm not regretting it in the least.

KevinB
KevinB is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2014, 08:18 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Maybe this was maemtioned

The 690 does share some parts with the 550 SX, which could be nice

However, the 690sx does not share as many parts as say, the 600 SX does

The others posts are correct, the 690 SX and e 700 are so totally different sometimes it seems as though they come from different companies.

Both fly great, but different
Logo 480 XXtreme, Logo 550SX, Logo 690SX, Logo 800 XXtreme, TDR, Minicopter Diabolo 550, Minicopter Triabolo, Goblin 500, Goblin 700, Goblin 770, KDS Agile 5.5, Voodoo 600, Voodoo 400, HD Cell 500, Thunder Tiger E700
taosgraveyard is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-24-2014, 05:49 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi,

I have a 550SX and a 690SX and have had a 700xxtream. The difference between the 690SX and the 700 are chalk and cheese - very different to fly in my opinion. The 690SX flies just like a bigger 550SX - which is all I ever wanted. Love it.
Old 11-11-2014, 08:46 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 690sx vs.700 xxtreme

I have been flying logos for several years now. I have owned all of the current models. 500, 500se, 550sx, 600, 600sx, 690sx and the 700 extreme. I currently own 550sx, 600sx and 690sx. I love the way all of the models fly except I was a little disappointed with the 700 and so I sold it and bought the 690sx to replace it.

The models with the plastic frames have a certain light feel to them, they are very precise and track very well and because of the power to weight ratio they pull thru any maneuver you can put them through.
I felt the 700 was way to heavy and not nearly as nimble as the plastic models. It has the feel of an old school fly bar type heli. I'm not saying it flew bad, its just not a typical Mikado feel and if that's what your looking for go with the 690sx. I also have a Diabolo 700 and my 690sx is only an inch shorter than it overall, so for those guys who say the 690 is not a true 700 they are right, its a 690 but its only an inch short of a 700 and that's not bad at all. For the money, ease of maintenance and great flight characteristics its a great bang for the buck.
Old 11-13-2014, 10:42 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLTRex View Post
Hi,

I have a 550SX and a 690SX and have had a 700xxtream. The difference between the 690SX and the 700 are chalk and cheese - very different to fly in my opinion. The 690SX flies just like a bigger 550SX - which is all I ever wanted. Love it.
Now i want a 690sx! How easy/hard is the fitting of the 12s packs in the frame?
Old 11-13-2014, 07:11 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm using Pulse 5000mah packs and have no problems loading them in.

KevinB
KevinB is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2014, 08:42 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Glacier 45C 5000mAh and Gens Ace 35C 4400mAh fit fine.
tjmarti is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2014, 09:05 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

5100maH 30C Gens fit fine.
You can cut(grind) out the gate area to get the same width as is in the whole frame. It gives you about 2-3mm on each side
Lada1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in