Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Compass Helicopters > Compass 7HV, 7HVU and Chronos

Compass 7HV, 7HVU and Chronos Compass Compass 7HV, 7HVU and Chronos Model Helicopter Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2011, 11:53 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 7HV have I made a big mistake or just a little one?

Hello all
I had a preorder placed for a 7HV but wasn't part of the first batch of kits with motor and blades but was offered a kit only and as I had a kontronik 700-520 motor and jive 80hv that were destined for a trex700 nitro conversion I never did I thought why not. Then all the excellent pictures started turning up but what now worries me is do the kit only come with the motor shaft bearing support block and pinion or no pinion but support block or neither??? Can those lucky 7hv owners who have already built there's see any reason for me to face problems or do you think it will be a easy build. Also if anyone does have a kit only did it come with a pinion or shaft support block?
Thanks
blackcataps is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2011, 04:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I for one think the build is pretty easy. As typical for me, I am sweating the details in favor of less trouble down the road...like for example, I made a mount for my Vbar controller to sit above the sensor on the gyro plate. I am also making a mount for the ESC which makes it fit up front with standoff distance to assist in cooling. I am planning to run an AR7100R, Hyperion phase sensor, a total of 3 antennae. Also running the WR Super BEC. Compared to my ultra-simple 6HV, where I used no receiver except 2 sats, no external BEC in favor of Kontronik 80HV with BEC, the 7HV has a lot more electronics to connect and set up.

The machine itself is very straight forward with nice features. It comes as typical for Compass about 80% preassembled. I took out all of the fastener to loctite everything for sure.
Old 06-26-2011, 04:49 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default Has anybody else bought a kit only or am I the only one in the world?

Has anyone else bought a kit only? Judging by the feedback coming back about the included blades I'm feeling a little happier. Will be fitting egde 693 fbl blades or maybe 710's depending on people's opiinions to mine. Still would like to know if a pinion is included or not? Will any mod 1 pinion fit if not or does it need to be a particular sort of cut?
Cheers
Old 06-26-2011, 04:57 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Why AR7100R rx

Thanks Rob. Do you foresee any problems with me fitting non stock motor? Kontronik 700-520 with a 6mm shaft. What shaft diameter does the compass motor have? I was concerned the stock motor came with built in shaft support but it appears it's part of the frame set so I should get that? I think? Not sure if I get compass pinion? Good luck with the rest of your build. One other thing where are the two six cell packs suggested to be placed in the manual and have you put yours there as the two sets of build photos I've seen have put their packs up front 6HV style due to the heli apparently being VERY tail heavy? Is it?
Thanks
Old 06-26-2011, 06:04 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I mounted my kontronik 700-45 today you will use the 2 slots that are diagonal for the 4mm screws. You will need the long shaft. It fit just fine.

Hope this helps.

Jason Hunter
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2011-06-26 18.00.14.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	236641  

Last edited by JLH_1; 06-27-2011 at 02:18 AM..
JLH_1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2011, 06:08 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Any flight reports comparing E Odin and 7HV yet JLH?
Cullen Colapietro is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2011, 06:13 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have only been able to hover the 7hv. Will be able to tell soon. It weighs a bit more than the odin. But I have never been comfortable throwing down with it like I do with my 6hv. It was the first 90 size I have had. Maybe its a size thing??

Jason
Old 06-26-2011, 09:32 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLH_1 View Post
I mounter my kontronik 700-45 today you will use the 2 slots that are diagonal for the 4mm screws. You will need the long shaft. It fit just fine.

Hope this helps.

Jason Hunter

If this motor was able to fit, so would the 700-52, Mounting dimensions are the same.
Old 06-26-2011, 11:08 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I mounter my kontronik 700-45 today you will use the 2 slots that are diagonal for the 4mm screws. You will need the long shaft. It fit just fine.

Hope this helps.

Jason Hunter
Awesome looking.... nice pic
Old 06-27-2011, 03:36 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I mounted my kontronik 700-45 today you will use the 2 slots that are diagonal for the 4mm screws. You will need the long shaft. It fit just fine.

Hope this helps.

Jason Hunter
Did you buy a kit complete with motor and just swap it out for the 700-45 or did you buy a kit only? What pinion have you fitted? Thank you very much for letting me know. I'm feeling much happier now. Especially now the feedback about the included blades suggests they are throw away's?
Old 06-27-2011, 03:52 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob43 View Post
If this motor was able to fit, so would the 700-52, Mounting dimensions are the same.
Thanks for that. I'm not sure if I have the standard length shaft or the longer? Could someone tell me the shaft length on either the compass motor or could JLH tell me the length of motor shaft on your 700-45 please?
Thanks
Old 06-27-2011, 08:40 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

My motor shaft is about 35mm long. It sticks out thru the counter bearing a bit. I had to make the shaft for the motor because It broke in a mishap. I bought the kit with motor esc and blades. I am trying out the Pyro motor. I am running a 14 tooth. 85% gov @2040 rpm. You should be able to use a 13 tooth and be within a good rpm range with a 520kv.

Jason
Old 06-27-2011, 10:31 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I am trying out the Pyro motor. I am running a 14 tooth. 85% gov @2040 rpm. You should be able to use a 13 tooth and be within a good rpm range with a 520kv.

Jason
Thank you very much Jason. It appears my motor has the correct length shaft so all should be good IF I GET A KIT? I'm waiting for a reply from rc711 who said they had 7HV kits only so I had one but now show the kits out of stock and my order as pending. If they offered me a kit instead of waiting for backorder of kit/motor and blades and then sold out without keeping one back for me after I said I would have one I will not be happy. No fault of compass obviously and it's nice that this model seems to be selling well. I don't know about outside of the uk but there are very few 6HV where I fly and I don't know of many others elsewhere. Where is compass main target area and are there indications of sales of 7HV and preorders? Be interesting to know? There certainly seem to be a few on here.
Cheers
Old 06-27-2011, 02:28 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I am running a 14 tooth. 85% gov @2040 rpm. You should be able to use a 13 tooth and be within a good rpm range with a 520kv.

Jason
Just looked back at your post and was wondering is 2040 not a little fast for such a big heli or is it about right for the 7HV? My only experience of a big electric is my logo 600SE so I don't consider myself very knowledgable and I know the logo does fly with a lower head speed as standard but close to 2100rpm seems quick? Or isn't it?
Thanks
Old 06-27-2011, 02:42 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

blackcataps:
When did you place your order with RC711? I also ordered an airframe only kit from them yesterday. When I placed my order their website showed them in stock, today the kits are on backorder. Looking forward to the build and I'm planning on using either my Pyro 700-45 or an XERA 4030-3y motor.
zggy247 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2011, 04:00 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

Hope this helps.

Jason Hunter

Radix Blades in the pic as well as the Kontronik Pyro.
Old 06-27-2011, 04:13 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

With my history of my Odin 90E, I put the radix blades I have that have a ding on the tip. I have not tried the stock blades yet. I am saving them. I have several sets of different radix 710's and 690's. I was just being careful. I will try the compass 700's. All I have done so far is hover it. This weekend I will take her to the field. It was just a hell of a week with my hand getting operated on and stuff. 2040 RPM is around what the manual says. I have it set for 1800 and 2040.

I will post all info when I fly it at the field.

Jason Hunter
Old 06-27-2011, 04:14 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by zggy247 View Post
blackcataps:
When did you place your order with RC711? I also ordered an airframe only kit from them yesterday. When I placed my order their website showed them in stock, today the kits are on backorder. Looking forward to the build and I'm planning on using either my Pyro 700-45 or an XERA 4030-3y motor.
Order was placed late Saturday night UK time so around 22.00 GMT. My order still saying pending. Yours????

Not used them before but I know lots who have and they not had many issues OTHER THAN they have a habit of over selling items and their stock levels not being in real time or so I'm told. We shall see? Pyro 700-45 a suberb bit of kit. I know because my logo 600SE is using one. Be interesting to compare the logo with the 7HV.
Old 06-27-2011, 06:35 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcataps View Post
Order was placed late Saturday night UK time so around 22.00 GMT. My order still saying pending. Yours????
I placed my order Sunday afternoon and it also says pending. Will let you know if updates occur. Thanks!
zggy247 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2011, 02:32 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by zggy247 View Post
I placed my order Sunday afternoon and it also says pending. Will let you know if updates occur. Thanks!
I've emailed them twice about my order and I've yet to receive a reply which is odd because before I made my mind up to buy I asked two questions in two separate emails and received replies within 12 hours. Can't help feeling like they have my money now so they not so quick to reply? Especially when it's now fairly obvious to me that they have sold me a kit they don't have. I can't feel to disappointed though as long as I get it eventually as had they been showing stock of kits with motor and blades I may have ordered that and judging on the feedback about the blades and motors on here I may have dodged a bullet there as it seems some may end up having to replace both although if the motors are faulty you would like to think compass will rectify that situation. I will let you know when my order status changes and we can see if we both been sold kits that they don't have YET?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in