Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Skookum Robotics

Skookum Robotics Skookum Robotics SK-360 SK-540 & SK-720 Digital Flybar

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2014, 11:43 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default "Official" New V4 firmware update/questions/issue thread

Hi Guys. As we have all seen, there are multiple threads with questions and issues to sort out on the new firmware, and more are growing by the hour.

Its going to be impossible for other users or support to sort through and see what problems and solutions are out there, so we are going to try and keep all the discussions in one place moving forward. Georgi will sticky so it stays up top for us as we move forward.

My contribution so far in summary:

I lost my Pro data viewer after update and my old license key no longer works. This is not a new issue and has happened to others with previous updates. E mail to SK can solve the issue.

My stick scaling was all off after update, and neither cyclic nor collective would go beyond 81-82%. I also got "value out of bounds" warning with a message to email SK the error file every time I connected up, but this was resolved by uninstalling and reinstalling the new software. Collective only goes to 99.6% but this is OK and a known issue (this issue is corrected in the now released 4.01 software)

One of my GPS functions had been changed to something else, even after loading my saved setup file, so make sure you check everything before flying!

Last edited by Xrayted; 08-09-2014 at 04:55 PM..
Xrayted is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-02-2014, 11:48 AM   #2 (permalink)

=] Phew!!

georgi UK is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-02-2014, 11:50 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hopefully we can get everything in one place for you to assist and for others to see the solutions! Thanks for working on the weekend for us all
Old 08-02-2014, 11:55 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Cyclic Bank/Gain

I cannot see how this works if all I want to do is have one of the Aux channels available to change gain. It works to change gain OK but also changes the bank at the mid point. Am I missing something here?

Have just 'garden hovered' my Logo 550se with 4.0 installed and I must say it did seem amazingly steady on the new release, particularly as it is pretty windy today and there were plenty of gusts to upset it. Looking forward to flying with it properly tomorrow :-)
Old 08-02-2014, 12:13 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi,
do you know what exactly this one ' Fixed issue with SK720BE's throttle output that affected Align ESCs' fixed?
gokl is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-02-2014, 12:21 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wearypanda View Post
I cannot see how this works if all I want to do is have one of the Aux channels available to change gain. It works to change gain OK but also changes the bank at the mid point. Am I missing something here?

Have just 'garden hovered' my Logo 550se with 4.0 installed and I must say it did seem amazingly steady on the new release, particularly as it is pretty windy today and there were plenty of gusts to upset it. Looking forward to flying with it properly tomorrow :-)
=] Andrew, check the view tab to see the flight gains used, if i understand your confusion!

and yes, it's solid isn't it!!

Old 08-02-2014, 12:39 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Georgi,

Thanks, but no that was not quite what I was asking. I assume that the purpose of being able to have a channel assignment for gains is to be able to adjust gain in flight to quickly find the optimum setting. Trouble is that so far as I can see the same channel also switches the bank. So you can only adjust your gain so much before the bank switches. I am sure that I am being dim here, but that's what I see. Any other system I have used has one channel assigned for adjusting gain and another for switching banks. The new release seems to have both functions on the same channel. I'm confused.

Andrew
Old 08-02-2014, 12:49 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wearypanda View Post
Hi Georgi,

Thanks, but no that was not quite what I was asking. I assume that the purpose of being able to have a channel assignment for gains is to be able to adjust gain in flight to quickly find the optimum setting. Trouble is that so far as I can see the same channel also switches the bank. So you can only adjust your gain so much before the bank switches. I am sure that I am being dim here, but that's what I see. Any other system I have used has one channel assigned for adjusting gain and another for switching banks. The new release seems to have both functions on the same channel. I'm confused.

Andrew
=] think of the mid point of the channel, as you move away from that in either a pos or neg direction it will increase the gain the further you go. it sounds to me you are crossing over the mid point and into the other bank, so instead of moving away, you are moving closer, make sense?

Old 08-02-2014, 01:11 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am at the field now but cannot get it to initialize on the new firmware. Everything looked fine on the bench with it connected via USB to my PC but it doesn't work without the USB plugged in.

If I connect my PC it allows me to move the servos around and check everything in the gui. Without it nothing.

Both sats show solid light and appear to be powered and working fine.

Nothing has changed since I flew it last on the old firmware....

Any clue?
Old 08-02-2014, 01:27 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon h2 View Post
I am at the field now but cannot get it to initialize on the new firmware. Everything looked fine on the bench with it connected via USB to my PC but it doesn't work without the USB plugged in.

If I connect my PC it allows me to move the servos around and check everything in the gui. Without it nothing.

Both sats show solid light and appear to be powered and working fine.

Nothing has changed since I flew it last on the old firmware....

Any clue?
=] please remove the sat wire connected to the port nearest the servo plugs, and try again, and report back!

Old 08-02-2014, 01:33 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Re: "Official" New V4 firmware update/questions/issue thread. Please use this one onl

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgi UK View Post
=] please remove the sat wire connected to the port nearest the servo plugs, and try again, and report back!
That worked! I don't really want to fly on 1 sat though... how do I fix this?

Edit: I actually disconnected the sat closest to the USB, but it still worked.

Running sk540 BTW. Spektrum dsmx sats.
Old 08-02-2014, 01:42 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
That worked! I don't really want to fly on 1 sat though... how do I fix this?
=] I think it may be a DSMX issue? you are the second/third one today, can you try DSM2 2048 res mode and see if that fixes you for now? report back please!

Old 08-02-2014, 01:48 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Re: "Official" New V4 firmware update/questions/issue thread. Please use this one onl

Quote:
=] I think it may be a DSMX issue? you are the second/third one today, can you try DSM2 2048 res mode and see if that fixes you for now? report back please!
You are right. Appears to work fine with both sats on dsm2 2048. Weird.

I'll fly with that for now until you guys figure out a fix.
Old 08-02-2014, 01:50 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
You are right. Appears to work fine with both sats on dsm2 2048. Weird.

I'll fly with that for now until you guys figure out a fix.
A few others have reported the same issue and resolve by switching the sat settings in the software. I just tested mine and it still works set to DSMX, so its random.
Old 08-02-2014, 02:00 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just did a test flight. All was good. My goblin 500 is flying better than ever. I previously had a little elevator bob on occasion, it seems non existent now.

If I can get it back on DSMX I'll give it an A+!
Old 08-02-2014, 02:06 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Just did a test flight. All was good. My goblin 500 is flying better than ever. I previously had a little elevator bob on occasion, it seems non existent now.

If I can get it back on DSMX I'll give it an A+!
=] on it!

Old 08-02-2014, 03:06 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Ok, to be sure I did a full setup on my atom 5.5. Everything went smooth but on the tail setup tab I ran into an issue with the right and left servo limits.

After setting the servo center when I went to input the left endpoint the software said I had my direction wrong and asked if I wanted to reverse it or quit. The servo direction was correct!

I had to then exit the wizard and set the servo center manually from what was in the wizard, then play with end points until max throws were acceptable. Oddly enough this was 100 left and 100 right. A test flight was good but I had a tail wag with 50% gain on the tail. I was able to go up to 60 and it seemed better.

Maybe tomorrow morning I can get it out for a little air time and see how this goes.

Frankly I'm holding off on the other helis until after IRCHA. They are flying good enough for me right now.
Old 08-02-2014, 03:49 PM   #18 (permalink)

=] strange the tail wants 100% lol! Ignore the reverse warning, it's invalid. You must drop the gov gain for wag, not increase the tail gain.....

Old 08-02-2014, 04:07 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

OK gov gain is at 20, I'll try a little lower and drop my tail gain back down a bit.
Old 08-02-2014, 05:50 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
=] think of the mid point of the channel, as you move away from that in either a pos or neg direction it will increase the gain the further you go. it sounds to me you are crossing over the mid point and into the other bank, so instead of moving away, you are moving closer, make sense?
I understand now. Thanks again Georgi.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in