Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > bavarianDEMON/HeliCommand

bavarianDEMON/HeliCommand Factory Sponsored Bavarian DEMON and HeliCommand Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2015, 08:28 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default switching to BD from Vbar.. any advice?

Anyone have knowledge of both and have and have any advice on programming.. differences.. similarities.. etc.
Thanks
Jeff
Diabolo S #41
TDR 2
The others come and go..
craigdieselmac is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2015, 05:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdieselmac View Post
Anyone have knowledge of both and have and have any advice on programming.. differences.. similarities.. etc.
Thanks
Jeff
Main differences:
- vbar has switchable banks of settings that you can use for different settings, governor settings,autotrim and vibration analysis.
- BD has SL and rescue(3SX only), RTT tuning on most parameters (all models I believe).

Both are excellent FBL units and can be made to fly a heli very smoothly (or as aggressively as you like). The quality of the gyro and the software is why BD and vbar are both very popular.

None of the vbar parameters for a heli make any sense on a BD unit (or vice versa).

For a new BD setup, use the New default preset files for 202 to get baseline parameters for your size heli. Then go through the Correct tuning procedure to complete the setup. You can use RTT parameters to fine tune aspects in flight rather than go back the bench and computer each time to change a setting and try again.

As I run a set tail gain for all head speeds, I use RTT to adjust my agility in flight. This is similar to the vbar agility setting. So I maintain a DR of 100 and let the onboard FBL unit convert to flip/roll rotation rate on the fly (like having an infinitely variable agility instead of vbar's 4 banks).

The big thing for BD3SX is the rescue and SL. This requires a 7th channel to switch. Most have a momentary for rescue and a 2 or 3 pos switch for SL and mix the 2 in the transmitter.

Hope this helps some.
Old 05-25-2015, 10:10 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I use an 11x, my biggest thing is I don't usually run the same tail gain for all my headspeeds.. Hopefully I can switch this like in the Vbar.. Which is really in the TX.. I am excited to try the BD, I didn't opt for the 3SX, I bought 3 3X's so no bailout for me, but I don't think I will miss that which I have never known... Lol. Thanks for the advice!
Diabolo S #41
TDR 2
The others come and go..
craigdieselmac is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2015, 10:22 PM   #4 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdieselmac View Post
I use an 11x, my biggest thing is I don't usually run the same tail gain for all my headspeeds.. Hopefully I can switch this like in the Vbar.. Which is really in the TX.. I am excited to try the BD, I didn't opt for the 3SX, I bought 3 3X's so no bailout for me, but I don't think I will miss that which I have never known... Lol. Thanks for the advice!
Use RTT tuning to really dial in parameters. RTT uses the tail gain channel to tune parameters (and the tail gain uses a set value parameter while doing this).

Once out of RTT, tail gain channel works as normal (TX switched). What you may miss is things like agility changes per bank (like you had on vbar), but this can be done through switching DR in the TX with the mode switches. You will be hard pressed to feel a difference.

You should be quite happy with the 3X's performance once tuned.

Any hassles, ping the forum and there are a few here with LOTS of experience that can help.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in