Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > bavarianDEMON/HeliCommand

bavarianDEMON/HeliCommand Factory Sponsored Bavarian DEMON and HeliCommand Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2015, 06:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default A few set up issues

First time setting up the BD3SX. This is my set up
Goblin 500
BK 5001 BK 7005 servos
YGE 120LV
Spektrum DSMX satellites x 2
DX8 radio
Up to this point, everything has been going as is should......bound, all stick movements correspond to the bar movements and I have 100% in all directions, servos trimmed.
Then I get to the mixer tab!
Choose the proper mounting orientation (upright and front), rotation (right) swash type (tri 120). Write, next.
Servo direction is correct. Write, next.
Setting cyclic and collective . I can move the sliders, but it has no effect on my gage (Soko). I also noticed that the sliders are grey instead of what I'm assuming should be red. I need help! Thanks!
jbobb1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2015, 07:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Its been a while since I have set mine up. But I remember I had to hit write everytime I moved a slider for swash leveling and setting collective.
refused is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2015, 08:20 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi, the cyclic and collective sliders change the overall range of movement available when you increase or decrease the pitch . I think you will notice the difference when you move the TX stick - not sure if the servos move when moving the sliders. My T rex 550 has 80 on the collective slider and 70 on both the aileron and elevator sliders. Leave collective offset at 0. The sliders are grey, not red!!

You need to test fly after setting the tail gyro and rigid tabs to make sure your tail and head gains are correct. Once these are done, you can set the levelling and rescue modes in the Horizon tab. There are people on Helifreak more experienced than me so I'm sure someone will chime in to help. I have set up the 3SX on 3 models and I also have the DX8 so I'm happy to help.

You might have some confusion when you do the self levelling and rescue setup. If you do, just pop back and one of us will be happy to assist. Once you are set up, you will love the 3SX. It will pay for itself in no time. The Self levelling and rescue are all on the same channel - just different gain settings. Good luck.

EDIT: refused, the swash levelling and servo set up is done in the TRIM tab, the collective range is set in the Mixer. jbobb1, you can always come back to any tab after you have gone through the wizzard.
Old 04-03-2015, 08:44 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

You nailed it refused! It just didn't kick about having to click write with each change. Thank you!
Old 04-03-2015, 09:16 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbobb1 View Post
You nailed it refused! It just didn't kick about having to click write with each change. Thank you!
Anytime you make a change you see the equal sign become "not equal", meaning the settings in the software don't agree with what's in the BD itself; that's your visual indication to "write" it before disconnecting, and is pretty slick in operation, actually.
Old 04-03-2015, 09:23 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbobb1 View Post
Just another little tip, you want to make sure your Dual Rates are set at 100 when looking to see how much deflection you get after setting the Aileron and Elevator limits. You can always lower the TX Rates later and/or add expo. However, I leave my rates at 100 and lower Agility to get comfortable max flip and roll rates. This gives the best control resolution. I also lower tail agility to get a comfortable max piro rate. You may find the piro rate is crazy fast with the default Tail agility setting.

My gassers will bog if I try to flip them too fast. Lowering the Agility until they flip without bogging is how I set them.
Old 04-03-2015, 09:29 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I had it in my head that I could make all the necessary changes and see the results, then write it to the unit. You guys got me on the right track!
Old 04-03-2015, 09:43 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhodesengr View Post
Just another little tip, you want to make sure your Dual Rates are set at 100 when looking to see how much deflection you get after setting the Aileron and Elevator limits. You can always lower the TX Rates later and/or add expo. However, I leave my rates at 100 and lower Agility to get comfortable max flip and roll rates. This gives the best control resolution. I also lower tail agility to get a comfortable max piro rate. You may find the piro rate is crazy fast with the default Tail agility setting.

My gassers will bog if I try to flip them too fast. Lowering the Agility until they flip without bogging is how I set them.
Point taken about lowering the agility! Makes sense!
Dual rates are at 100%.
Next step is to read the Correct tuning sticky!
More questions to come, I'm sure!
Old 04-04-2015, 05:54 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sorry jbobb1, I didn't realise you weren't clicking "write" each time!! Now I feel like an idiot
But as you are using a DX8 and setting up a 500 size heli, I might still be able to help with your tranny settings
Old 04-04-2015, 07:27 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonycopter View Post
Sorry jbobb1, I didn't realise you weren't clicking "write" each time!! Now I feel like an idiot
But as you are using a DX8 and setting up a 500 size heli, I might still be able to help with your tranny settings
Your not an idiot at all! You posted some very informative info, and I appreciate it. I'm pretty sure I'll be asking questions, so beware!
Old 05-21-2015, 01:33 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhodesengr View Post

on the other hand if I want mine to flip faster , raise the agility ?
Dennis Everett is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2015, 10:46 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Everett View Post
on the other hand if I want mine to flip faster , raise the agility ?
yes. However, A while back I saw some posts saying they were increasing the agility and past a point, they were not getting faster flip/roll rates. In that case you might need to increase your cyclic limits. But then you have to make sure you are not getting excessive servo motion; hitting mechanical stops and such.

The cyclic, like the tail, can only move so far. That range can be used by the pilot to do maneuvers but the 3SX needs some range beyond what you use to maintain control.

If you are hovering in a strong wind, you are already using up some of your range. If on top of that you move your sticks for a hard maneuver and the 3SX has no more range to use, then you might get a momentary loss of control.

So just some things to keep in mind.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in