Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 250 Class Electric Helicopters

250 Class Electric Helicopters 250 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2015, 10:11 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Wow Trex 250

Okay, I have several posts about this heli where I have expressed my utter frustration with getting this thing in the air and flying reasonably well. Well guess what? It's finally in the air and not a nightmare anymore.

I had a set of OMG servos that I had bought for another project but decided to use them on the Trex 250. I also had an OMG tail servo to throw on there as well. Replaced all the Align servos with the OMG servos, went through the BeastX setup and took it out to test. Holy cow it was a completely different heli and hovering I could almost do hands off the sticks. I still have a small tail wag issue and some other tweaking to do but wow it flies 1,000 times better now.

When I had removed the Align servos I was testing a couple of them for smoothness and a couple of them had issues. The Align servos had been through several crashes but when I would go through the set up on the bench they reacted fine. Lesson learned on always checking servos after a crash. Anywho, here's to much better flying days now that I have it sorted out.

Advertisement

Old 06-15-2015, 11:10 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

The dfc head seems to be really hard on servos, lol.

That's why I'm looking for cheaper options!

spykez is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2015, 09:28 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

OMGs for the win! I love all of mine so far. They were a tight squeeze in the older 250 frames and needed a bit of dremel work, but they fit. In my SE they dropped right in.

I actually wanted to try the other OMG micro tail servo for a bit of weight (and cost) savings, but ended up with a couple H1s because I was building a backup 450 that didn't get completed. Since the H1 did so well on the first 250 experiment I didn't feel the need to pull it back off. Now I've added them to two more 250s and couldn't be happier with them

I do have to admit though, I have a couple sets of 410s and when they're in good working shape then they're fairly decent. At least they're not as jittery as the Emax servos but they do cost 4X as much.
skunkworx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in