Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Main Forum - Helicopter Talk

Main Forum - Helicopter Talk R/C Helicopters and the people who fly them. VENDOR TOPICS DO NOT GO HERE. Full Scale Heli threads go in OT please

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2017, 01:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Will Turnigy tgyi10/ flysky 's i10 be reliable for 50 size nitro heli?

Turning tgyi10/ flysky 's i10 Anybody using this radio to fly a a heli? I wanna fly my 59 size nitro heli with govenor. Is it good for it and reliable? Anybody using the radio to fly a heli??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2017, 01:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Turnigy radios are very reliable. I just hate they didn't include the JR module bay in it.

I have seen at least one person fly a very large 800 or so size scale heli on that TX. It was not one that would have won any contests, and it was not one that was turbine powered or anything fancy, but it was a really big heli flying on that TX.

He also flew his FPV quads on that TX. Its a very reliable feature packed radio that is locked to only use the turnigy / Flysky protocols. Its also very small.

I don't know of any issues though with range, and the RX's it uses pre-date this TX and are well proven.
gunny_jeeves is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2017, 01:41 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I use an fs-i10 for everything that I fly. All my helis, 700 down and all my planes. Brilliant radio IMO
grasshopper2 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2017, 06:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by grasshopper2 View Post
I use an fs-i10 for everything that I fly. All my helis, 700 down and all my planes. Brilliant radio IMO
Ever use governor menu???
Old 03-18-2017, 02:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Never used governor menu, I tend to rely on the esc or fbl unit, and don't have anything i/c, so can't comment, sorry.
Old 03-20-2017, 08:56 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Should I get the turnegy or flysky version? Anybody have a video flying a bel with this video. I also thinking about taranis but cp programming and other mixes seem hard but fob doesn't need to setup mixing only rudder need to be setup during summer will be horus
Old 03-20-2017, 01:48 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'd prefer Flysky, because I prefer the looks and updates availability.
Old 03-22-2017, 06:43 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by grasshopper2 View Post
I'd prefer Flysky, because I prefer the looks and updates availability.
Force RC (formally Diamond Hobby) is the US distributor and warranty center for Flysky stuff.
Atomic Skull is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2017, 12:39 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Skull View Post
Force RC (formally Diamond Hobby) is the US distributor and warranty center for Flysky stuff.
I like some stuff at diamond is that wesite not updated?
Old 03-23-2017, 04:44 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

It seems as though Diamond has changed its name to Forcerc, and have fs-i10 on sale at 149.99 !! Good timing !
Old 07-06-2018, 04:07 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default I know this is an old forum

BUT I had to add in that I use my FlySky FSi10 for ALL of my TREX 450's (multiple), 500/550, 600's (2 600's) and 700's (two 700's). I have multiple receivers bound to each profile in my FS-i10 radio. I change my profile (model) to whatever heli I am flying and then bind away and fly. I have never had one real issue with my radio or receiver in almost 2 years. The ONLY thing that sometimes bothers me is one toggle switch sometimes is seen as down and not up, this toggle is my kill switch so I have to toggle it a few times to power on but thats the ONLY issue. My birds love the receivers too as they are small enough so they dont weigh much, even with my sensors added. I have telemetry for battery, RPM, and height (near my engine). I fly extremely hi at times and very far away in the fields by my house and NEVER have range issues.

Just my 2 cents on the topic but I truly love my radio! I came from Spectrum and will never look back. I have had Hitec, Spektrum, Trunigy and FlySky and by far my FlySky has the best menus in my opinion. Definitely worth the money for the radio (which isnt much considering the 10 channel radio with telemetry), and they work with all of my Savox servos HV without any trouble.
GROOVY1975 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2018, 09:42 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

If they didnt stop supporting that radio darn near the day it was released I would still own one. I flew it for years on everything from 250-700s and never had a hiccup. But to call it "telemetry" capable is not just a far stretch....its not even close to telemetry in reality lol. locked down to the 3-4 sensors from turnigy and they werent all that great and they didnt even offer a curent sensor if I remember correctly.

Long story short, it was/is a FANTASTIC radio, but doesent offer any telemetry youll be interested in, and the programming is limited but very easy to navigate....which I miss.
heliadict1212 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in