Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 450X

Blade 450X Blade 450X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2012, 10:22 PM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

What's Up Heli Freaks?

I just got my new 450X today after being away from hei's for a while. I have been flying a giant scale 50cc plank learning 3D with it.

I LOVE the new 450X!!

Not sure I would compare any Blade heli with any Align as it is plainly obvious the quality superiority of Align. However, given that I was in the air within an hour upon my purchase (after adding deans to speed control and battery) with a 3D capable heli that is FBL, I am NOT complaining. It IS light years ahead of the old Belt CP I flew a year or so ago.

My answer, BUY. I would consider this to still be an entry level heli with the ability to advance you further into the hobby than any other BNF. IMHO.
tgunrunner269 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2012, 07:17 AM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

This comparison all the time with Align seems a bit crazy (or are they worried) Imo a manufacture that charges top dollar for their product, and then you have to strip it completly because their QC is not great... well that to me is not a superior product.

Dons Tin -Hat, and awaits the onslaught from the worshippers
Flying_Amp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2012, 08:33 AM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommeke View Post
I'm just don't like those promo vids, that's all. Can you post you findings on the heli when you get it ? and maybe ad a vid, that would realy help me out in my choice
thumbs up to you

you tell it like it is

refreshing to see this
dl5973 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2012, 08:51 AM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying_Amp View Post
This comparison all the time with Align seems a bit crazy (or are they worried) Imo a manufacture that charges top dollar for their product, and then you have to strip it completly because their QC is not great... well that to me is not a superior product.

Dons Tin -Hat, and awaits the onslaught from the worshippers
geeeez
People compare the Heli's as they are grouped in the 450 FBL class.
It's going to happen and opinions are opinions.

It's not that big of a deal...
DesJardins is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2012, 09:28 AM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

I notice the quality difference when I compare the mainshafts of my two heli's. The Blade's is dull and somewhat rough to the touch while the Trex is shiny and very smooth. The stock blades for the Blade 400 are total junk. I've been running Align blades exclusively. I swapped out the Blade ESC for the Align and like the Align much better, especially the slow startup feature. Eflite is the king of plastic and they do plastic very well and that's all they do. Align offers many of its helis in varying grades of bling and Blade doesn't.

After having owned my 500 for a few months and having had to, for the most part, do nothing to it, I'll take the quality of the Trex over the Blade every time. Sure I paid more for my Trex than the upcoming Blade 500 but I prefer quality.
Old 03-11-2012, 12:55 PM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think there are 3 comparison category's here; one type of materials used sometimes viewed as quality, 2 flight quality and 3 perceived value.

I don't think there has ever been an argument regarding upgraded materials used in an align Heli that use carbon and highly machined aluminum bits. But quality has nothing to do with material.

Blades quality for example on the 450x is top notch but they use lots of plastic but this in it self is not a bad thing.

Value is our perception of a good deal and this is highly personal.

For me when I start to digest $800 plus for a blade 500 I think the value may not be realized when compared to an Align.

I think it's important to not confuse these 3 areas of analysis when choosing what's best for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-11-2012, 01:06 PM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

Oh something I forgot to add, I believe for the first time blade has heli's that can be compared in flight and build quality with align and for me this and cost of ownership is why blade 450x is a great value for me.

Old 03-11-2012, 02:59 PM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

Blade 400 came out in 2007 (just barely - we shipped the last week in December that year). This thread is about the 450 X, which just hit shelves in 2012. Drawing conclusions and making comparisons based on a 4-year-old product isn't really accurate. It's akin to dissing the latest model year car because you didn't like the previous model.

As Ribbe said, I hope you get a chance to check out the newer products!
David Eichstedt is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2012, 05:22 PM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorJ View Post
Oh something I forgot to add, I believe for the first time blade has heli's that can be compared in flight and build quality with align and for me this and cost of ownership is why blade 450x is a great value for me.

I couldn't agree more. Sold my trex 450 as it was too expensive to keep align parts on it after a crash. I replaced it with a 450x and am very happy. I didn't have the good experience many had first flight though. Heli wobbled very bad and after checking blade balance I can't believe they shipped this heli the way they did. Had to add 7 wraps of electrical tape to balance them so I junked them. Going to call horizon Monday, for now got a set of aligns on it and it flies great.

Team Scorpion
Gawl is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2012, 05:55 PM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Eichstedt View Post
It's akin to dissing the latest model year car because you didn't like the previous model.
More like saying the Galaxy Nexus sucks because you didn't like the G1. . . .

I can't say I have any experience with Align, but short of more "impressive" materials (carbon fibre, CNCed aluminum) I don't really see how they could be much more than marginally better quality than the 450X.

I'm nothing but impressed by it so far (though only 3 flights in).
Spektrum DX7s
GeneralAntilles is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2012, 06:46 PM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gawl View Post
I couldn't agree more. Sold my trex 450 as it was too expensive to keep align parts on it after a crash. I replaced it with a 450x and am very happy. I didn't have the good experience many had first flight though. Heli wobbled very bad and after checking blade balance I can't believe they shipped this heli the way they did. Had to add 7 wraps of electrical tape to balance them so I junked them. Going to call horizon Monday, for now got a set of aligns on it and it flies great.
I bet they fix you right up with a new set, something was wrong for sure.

Old 03-11-2012, 11:34 PM   #72 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorJ View Post
I bet they fix you right up with a new set, something was wrong for sure.

Lol not my only complaint now. Sixth flight out was inverted about 10 ft up. As I was punching out heard a funky noise and lost power to the motor. Managed to somewhat auto it down from 20ft up but not to happy at the moment. Main shaft, spindle, main gear and some canopy dmg. The person that qc'ed this bird needs to be looked at.

Team Scorpion
Old 03-11-2012, 11:39 PM   #73 (permalink)
Registered Users

Huge bummer, what do you think happened? Connection?

Old 03-11-2012, 11:56 PM   #74 (permalink)
Registered Users

Curious too. one-way-bearing ok? did the pinion slip on the shaft? did you strip the main gear in the air? Or was the failure electrical in nature, motor or esc?
InFocus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2012, 12:10 AM   #75 (permalink)
Registered Users

It was the motor bearings, not sure why it happened but they went. The main gear did get stripped a little but not much. It wasn't a hard punch out either and I had noticed a funny noises the previous flight. ESC and one way are fine. The motor has a burnt smell to it and you can hear the grinding inside when turning it by hand. Had a 420 motor do the same thing after 100 or so flights with my blade 450 too.

Team Scorpion
Old 03-12-2012, 12:39 AM   #76 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sounds like they need to build you a new Heli, too soon for motor problems. Hope they take good care of you.

Old 03-12-2012, 09:02 AM   #77 (permalink)
Registered Users

Spoke with HH today and they were very sorry for the motor issue. They ordered up all the replacement parts for me (motor, shaft, spindle, gear and grips...not sure if he did blades or not) but everything is out of stock...new heli and no parts...shocker. Said they should be in in about another 2 weeks.

So on the one hand I'm happy they are replacing the parts, on the other I'm a little peeved I need to wait 2 weeks for parts. I don't understand why Blade can't get it together in the parts support like Align does. We just waited in January for over 3 weeks for tail pitch sliders on the B450. IMO they should not be releasing a new heli without having spares available at launch and they need to up the spare parts inventory for their helis in general.

Team Scorpion
Old 03-12-2012, 09:19 AM   #78 (permalink)
Registered Users

Dang, sorry to hear... If it's any consolation.

You at least have somebody to talk to that "takes care of their customers"
Let's just say I call Align to complain about bad tail bearings from the box I don't get anything regardless of the call, this is also after I had a bad 3GX from the box.

Lots of things can happen and sometimes we're the ones who get that faulty part.
HH has the best customer service period
Old 03-12-2012, 09:32 AM   #79 (permalink)
Registered Users

Oh I don't doubt they have the best CS as they do hands down. No way Align would have sent me all those replacements (I had bad tail grip bearings too which caused me a crash with my Align 450 and no they didn't replace anything). I just want to see them up parts availability. I understand the X is new and parts still being released...but it got pushed back how long....and in that time of the push back they couldn't still be making parts? I checked with all my LHS and everyone of them got X's, but 0 spare parts. To rush production to get the heli out but with 0 spares is bad planning. I would rather of had them wait another 2 weeks and then release it with spares. I hope they don't do the same thing with the 300x and 500x.

We see the same thing with the B450 3D. That heli has been out for a while now, but still at times you will find parts not in stock....tail pitch slider was a classic example. It was out of stock for over 3 weeks before they got them in again.

I know I sound like I'm complaining and I'm trying not to, but we need parts....now, not 3 weeks from now.

Team Scorpion
Old 03-12-2012, 09:37 AM   #80 (permalink)
Registered Users

I totally agree the 450 parts have been an issue, that does suck
:-/

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in