Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters

Walkera Helicopters Walkera Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2013, 07:59 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

So, a couple of weeks later... I'm flying pretty much everything on this "Deviation 10" now. Spektrum stuff, Devo stuff, and 2801 stuff. All working great so far.

Really, this is the best Tx I have now.

At first I was scared and confused by the 'Advanced GUI' and 'Complex Mixers' so started with the 'Standard GUI', but after some study of the manual and some playing around, I'm totally sold on the Advanced GUI. You have to think differently.. in terms of channels, than Tx functions, but once you make that jump, you have a lot of power. Very flexible to set up and honestly it's not that complicated once you learn it and have a kind of template you can use for your other helis.

For example, if you're working on the ELE channel, everything about that channel is in that 'mixer' setup. The curves, expo, scaling, etc. for that one channel is in that one mixer setup. You can put multiple curves on any channel controlled by multiple switches and inputs. Compared to a traditional Tx where there is a expo setting screen, and a curves screen, and a d/r screen, travel adjust screen, mixing screen, etc.

A little different that what we see on a lot of Txs, but not harder to use in my opinion. I really like it. Very clear and powerful, and pretty easy to work with for adjustments when you are tuning later.

rojack is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2013, 02:26 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Devo 10 Fmod mixiing with throttle stick

Hi,
I read your post and agree that it is a great device but I just can't get my head around some of the mixing, maybe you can set me straight.
I am using the Devo 10 for my custom quad, I'm not able to assign the 6th channel, FMODE, flight mode, to the three way switch marked with same name. I have all the other channels assigned and I can see them reacting more or less correctly on the 'display' screen. The FMOD seems to only move on the display screen when I move the right/throttle stick in step with the third channel, which is the throttle channel I think. This leads me to believe they are mixed, but all mixing is inhibited. Can you explain what I am doing wrong or where this setting is. I guess it would be like the x1 or aux1 but it is not mentioned by that term anywhere in doc for radio, it seems to be referred to just as the FMOD. I don't get it. On the receiver the channel six pin slot is clearly marked AUX1 but when they discuss the radio setup they just magically skip AUX1 and pick up at AUX2. Any help or directions on where to get some information other than manual would help as I've scoured the forums.

Also I want the three way to function as a three way but not to mix anything, the aircraft f/c will decipher that I assume but someone wrote in a forum that you have to change the 'curve' to percentages of 8, 50 92, do I need this to make the switch useable and where do I do that?
dvrekalic is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2013, 12:51 AM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

You can use the Expo&DR template on the Ch6 for that:
- leave the source at none;
- select fixed as the function;
- choose the FMODE1 and FMODE2 for the switches;
- set -100, 0 and +100 for the scale values or any value you need, but don't forget that deviation uses -100..+100 range, not 0..100
FDR_ is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in