Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 250 Class Electric Helicopters

250 Class Electric Helicopters 250 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2012, 02:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Question GWS 25A BRUSHLESS ESC

just a query i bought a speed controller for my rex250 i bought the GP780 gyro & the Align 20A RCE-BL20 ESC.
well the gyro seems fine, set up easily enough, but the Align speed controller is doggy i tried to program it & it does the first 3 stages then goes into the 4th stage were if i'm correct the throttle stick should be at mid for helicopter, you move stick to center & guess what happens it beeps some type of alarm after about 10/15sec.
you unplug it & touch the speed controller & it's red hot, it's nearly melting the yellow heat shrink around it. so i move throttle stick back to down position plug in esc it goes through the first 3 stages & stops no more beeping anything.
so is it faulty i have a linear throttle curve it's a brand new dx6i radio & ar6210 receiver & speed controller for that matter, even the batt's are the brand new thunder power G6 pro power 65C 850mah, iv not got round to using them yet so i can't tell you what they are like.
i no i have bought a new speed controller i went for something completely different i have purchased the GWS 25A ESC WITH 5V Bec & speed controller it only cost 20 qid for the 2 posted i found 1 on sale they are only 10 qid each & brand spanking new just a shop sale if your interested just pm me i will send you the web site link. so are these speed controller any good on a rex 250 comments welcome thanks for looking jack......
jackp1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2012, 07:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

so no one has any thoughts on using this GWS 25A- ESC on their 250rex, aah now i remember why i stopped using this forum, there is quite a lot of members who ignore you most of the time. ah well heliguy here i come at least there someone will chime in a comment or 2. later american dudes
Old 02-27-2012, 09:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Don't go away cranky....

I for one don't typically comment if I have no experiance. I'd suggest most folks here opt for a CC25 for the 250s and wouldn't have much experiance with Align ESCs other than the 15 that comes with the 250 or the 35 for the 450.

Do you maybe need to calibrate the radio's endpoints to get setup to progress any further? Have you tried pulling the red wire from the servo plug to see if it still gets crazy hot during setup?

The 250 shouldn't really pull more than 12-14A, and never for very long... the only reason I stepped to the CC25 was for the features. It's nice to have a little headroom though.
DX8 + Telemetery on all
JoeW is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-28-2012, 03:06 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

my align 25a esc wasn't even spinning blades just going through the set up process, by the time you get to stage 4 on esc set up.
you leave throttle at mid stick for helicopter after you do this it then starts beeping some kind of alarm so i unplug battery & that's when esc is nearly melting my hand, it's that hot it got sent back yesterday & today he emailed me to phone him i got my gws esc 25a plus the programing card once my small deans connectors come i will be able to solder it together plus it has a 5v 2a bec attached then fingers crossed it will work & just in time for the Hyperion upgrade motor i ordered yesterday it's currently in the post i recon another month & it will be FBL
Old 03-09-2012, 08:39 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackp1 View Post
my align 25a esc wasn't even spinning blades just going through the set up process, by the time you get to stage 4 on esc set up.
you leave throttle at mid stick for helicopter after you do this it then starts beeping some kind of alarm so i unplug battery & that's when esc is nearly melting my hand, it's that hot it got sent back yesterday & today he emailed me to phone him i got my gws esc 25a plus the programing card once my small deans connectors come i will be able to solder it together plus it has a 5v 2a bec attached then fingers crossed it will work & just in time for the Hyperion upgrade motor i ordered yesterday it's currently in the post i recon another month & it will be FBL

I would be a little concerned about a 2 Amp bec.

On my Gaui which is similar to the T 250 I used a CC 25A , and a CC 10A bec. The Bec on the CC25 is 3A and the castle guys felt 3 amps is borderline with a beastx fbl controller.
Old 03-09-2012, 09:45 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I did some bench tests with a 3GX and some good step mode BECs, a 1.5A and a 3.0A

Long story short, I could easily get the 1.5A to fail with Rx/3GX reset with even smal, rapid pitch movements on the bench. I could reproduce it within about 10 seconds flat.

And that's with a very good, solid 1.5A SBEC, which ran a stock 250SE without much concern. If that's a 2A linear BEC, you certainly don't have any headroom, and would be in the warning area IMHO
DX8 + Telemetery on all
JoeW is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in