Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2010, 05:15 AM   #161 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

pitchp, you're having exactly the same "problem" as the guy on top of page 16, and the solution is right there. https://www.helifreak.com/showpost.p...&postcount=152 Enjoy.
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2010, 08:24 AM   #162 (permalink)
Registered Users

RB: many many thanks .

Is there a skin for the tachometer, can I change it to digital format reading? As oppossed to the analogue dial?
pitchp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2010, 09:13 AM   #163 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchp View Post
RB: many many thanks .

Is there a skin for the tachometer, can I change it to digital format reading? As oppossed to the analogue dial?
No, there is no skin for the tacho.
But the RPM number is also shown in a digital format, right below the dial:

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	61_Tachometer.png
Views:	726
Size:	80.7 KB
ID:	186422  
Old 12-11-2010, 06:02 AM   #164 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi RB,

I just want to express my thanks to your program, it is really good. I use it all the time now, i don't even go to websites any more to calculate HS. I was wondering RB, has anyone tried porting this application to java like Heliheadspeed? I use my phone a lot to read HS. Unfortunately Helihead speed is limited on reading 4+ HS. When some of my birds are running 5800HS. I emailed HHS, hopefully he might have a special version that does.

Thank you
Old 12-11-2010, 06:39 AM   #165 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchp View Post
Hi RB,

I just want to express my thanks to your program, it is really good. I use it all the time now, i don't even go to websites any more to calculate HS. I was wondering RB, has anyone tried porting this application to java like Heliheadspeed? I use my phone a lot to read HS. Unfortunately Helihead speed is limited on reading 4+ HS. When some of my birds are running 5800HS. I emailed HHS, hopefully he might have a special version that does.

Thank you
You're welcome, glad you like it.

Heli-Headspeed is indeed a java program, the author is a friend of mine, let me know how it works out, maybe I could help you. I am not aware of other java based tachometers, but there could be some, I would need to search myself. Fact is that I'm busy enough as it is, so I don't really watch the other "competitors", lol.

BTW, HeliPort is also limited, 5000RPM is the max, we never figured that people would really continuously run headspeeds that high. And if you do, I'm guessing it could be more like an experiment, or not ? I know a few guys who have been there, with micro helis, mostly resulting in blown up electronics after a while. Or huge damage after the first crash. Not saying it's impossible though, only that it's a very limited number of people that are interested in measuring +5000 RPM.
Old 12-11-2010, 07:08 AM   #166 (permalink)
Registered Users

yep, I love this Heliport program. Yeah I noticed that it didn't read it, because it was giving me incorrect reading with my helis. I've got 2 helis now one is 5600 HS. I finally fixed that bounce on my yellow 250.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Itdh9zgBLUg[/ame]

And the other is 5800-5900. The picture is on my avatar. I was planning it to have 6100+, but I misplaced my 16T pinion, so i used my spare 15T.

Is there a way to alter Heliport to read 6K+ HS? or do you have one that can? Did you forget to allow for heli evolution? :p lol . The ep255s are getting faster and faster HSaswell . Crazy headspeeds.
Old 12-11-2010, 07:38 AM   #167 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yes, HeliPort could be altered to measure 5000+ RPM headspeeds. No technical problem, but a lot of work.

I don't see the point though, if you see what amazing things professional pilots can do with a 4000 RPM T-Rex250, then I wonder who in the world could ever really use 6000 RPM at its full possibilities. New pilots always want to run before they can walk. I consider it exotic, and totally useless, never needed these headspeeds on my 250 to make it blazing fast, and all the rest is a pure waste of energy, IMHO. What a stock 250 can use though is more torque, for example to do sustained tic-tocs, but there's a nice Scorpion motor which does exactly that. But all that is just my opinion of course. Meaning I would prefer to realize way more useful plans first that are waiting to be coded into HeliPort.
Old 12-11-2010, 08:09 AM   #168 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird300 View Post
Yes, HeliPort could be altered to measure 5000+ RPM headspeeds. No technical problem, but a lot of work.

I don't see the point though, if you see what amazing things professional pilots can do with a 4000 RPM T-Rex250, then I wonder who in the world could ever really use 6000 RPM at its full possibilities. New pilots always want to run before they can walk. I consider it exotic, and totally useless, never needed these headspeeds on my 250 to make it blazing fast, and all the rest is a pure waste of energy, IMHO. What a stock 250 can use though is more torque, for example to do sustained tic-tocs, but there's a nice Scorpion motor which does exactly that. But all that is just my opinion of course. Meaning I would prefer to realize way more useful plans first that are waiting to be coded into HeliPort.

Ahhh Thomas Edison had this dream of building a working light bulb. Everyone told him it was outlandish. It took him 2000+ times until he got one working. Someone asked him, "How does it feel trying to make something that didn't work 2000+ times" He replied, "No I figured out 2000+ ways of not making a light bulb, but all I needed was just one way to make it work right". The light bulb was edison's dream, this my dream....

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-83_VpE4uI4[/ame]

All i need is that one heli to make it work. That is just one of the possibilities of having a High HS. There are countless other manouvers, that the current HS would not be able to perform. Do you see what I see now? This is the reason why I build extremely fast helis, I'm trying to make them as light as possible, modifying the inertia, modifying their weight. I just need that one heli to make it work right.

But if it's too much work, it's ok RB. I understand.
Old 12-11-2010, 11:04 PM   #169 (permalink)
Registered Users

RB, just letting you know, i just spoke to ingo, and he told me the PC version of HeliHeadspeed doesn't have any limit. He's right! The man is a legend. This is kool.

Thank you
Pitchp
Old 12-29-2010, 04:44 PM   #170 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hi Raf, I just tached my 450 with HeliPort, now fbl of course, and it clocked 3391. The setup is more free than ever before, plus with the new lack of flybar, I am not surprised, but I am thinking this is too high. I'm guessing when I try for real, possibly tomorrow, I need to rate it down a little. Previously I ran about 3200 under the same idealised conditions. For reference the reading resulted from the following set-up.

3595 KV Scorpion 2221-8
Pinion: 13T
Maingear: Standard 150T Trex.
Battery: Fully charged 3S lipo.
Pitch: Midstick, on the ground.
Throttle: 100% Flat.

What do you think, just knock it down to 95% flat? A 12T pinion at 100% brings me down lower than I had previously been running, but maybe that would be okay with the fbl set-up, so I could perhaps do that instead? Maybe it is okay at nearly 3400? I should still get extra flight time I think, due to the lack of the flybar, and even if I didn't I was getting long enough anyway. I was always ready for a little break after 4 1/2 minutes anyway.

Awesome tool by the way. Can't tell you how easy it was to use.

Cheers

Sutty
sutty is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2010, 05:03 PM   #171 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by sutty View Post
Hi Raf, I just tached my 450 with HeliPort, now fbl of course, and it clocked 3391. The setup is more free than ever before, plus with the new lack of flybar, I am not surprised, but I am thinking this is too high. I'm guessing when I try for real, possibly tomorrow, I need to rate it down a little. Previously I ran about 3200 under the same idealised conditions. For reference the reading resulted from the following set-up.

3595 KV Scorpion 2221-8
Pinion: 13T
Maingear: Standard 150T Trex.
Battery: Fully charged 3S lipo.
Pitch: Midstick, on the ground.
Throttle: 100% Flat.

What do you think, just knock it down to 95% flat? A 12T pinion at 100% brings me down lower than I had previously been running, but maybe that would be okay with the fbl set-up, so I could perhaps do that instead? Maybe it is okay at nearly 3400? I should still get extra flight time I think, due to the lack of the flybar, and even if I didn't I was getting long enough anyway. I was always ready for a little break after 4 1/2 minutes anyway.

Awesome tool by the way. Can't tell you how easy it was to use.

Cheers

Sutty
Nice Andrew, glad to hear that you have it up and running.

I'm assuming that your previous readings were also done on the ground, so that you have comparable values. If you are OK with the flighttimes, I wouldn't touch it, I know what kind of moves you're doing, and it looks like you can use the high headspeeds. On the other hand, most FBL systems behave very well at slightly lower headspeeds, because they tend to keep cyclic reactions fast, and not that much related to headspeed as with a FB heli. The gain settings in the system will decide how fast the helis moves by means of the measurements made by the gyros. You might be pleasantly surprised to still have a fast heli with longer flighttimes when lowering headspeed a bit. Furthermore, the 450Pro is so light that I'm guessing performance wouldn't suffer too much. Lol, I'm not giving clear advice here. But a simple test with a lower throttle curve would be worth trying, at 90% or so.
Old 05-06-2011, 08:20 AM   #172 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Just want to chime in a say thank you so much redbird300 for making this program, and for making it free too!

It took me a bit to figure out how to get the tach to work but it seems to be at least working and has given me a pretty close reading to what I have in for my Castle Creation Gov head speed.

The head speed is set to 3025 and the RPM gave me a reading of 3028 on a no load ground spool up!

So how great is that!

Anyway just wanted to ask though and I'm sure you get this a lot but for some of the next revisions, could you possibly add to the HeadSpeed Calculator and other parts of the program, info for the Align 700 electrics?

Again thanks for great program and for making it free.
WBFAir is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-06-2011, 11:22 AM   #173 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by WBFAir View Post
Just want to chime in a say thank you so much redbird300 for making this program, and for making it free too!

It took me a bit to figure out how to get the tach to work but it seems to be at least working and has given me a pretty close reading to what I have in for my Castle Creation Gov head speed.

The head speed is set to 3025 and the RPM gave me a reading of 3028 on a no load ground spool up!

So how great is that!

Anyway just wanted to ask though and I'm sure you get this a lot but for some of the next revisions, could you possibly add to the HeadSpeed Calculator and other parts of the program, info for the Align 700 electrics?

Again thanks for great program and for making it free.
Hi, glad you like it, I will sure consider your suggestions at the next revision, sounds very logical to me. Problem is that HeliPort is not on top of my list right now, need the time for other projects, and a whole lot of flying for the moment. Thanks for the ideas anyway, I won't forget.
Old 12-09-2011, 10:32 AM   #174 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Just made a change to the pinion and maingear on the 550 to the slant type. Here is the result for the headspeed from HeliPort. Full pack flown, using normal flight style, and I seem to be at the same battery discharge state from a battery voltage point of view as I normally am. Not overly surprised at this as by calculator the headspeed should only be slightly up from what it was before.

Could still do with Raf double checking the audio from my last flight in the video progress report, to see if I was right.

The result shown below looks cast iron from HeliPort, judging by the spectrum.

Cheers

Sutty
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenHunter_01 Dec. 09 16.23.gif
Views:	664
Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	272298   Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenHunter_02 Dec. 09 16.23.gif
Views:	625
Size:	10.1 KB
ID:	272299  
Old 12-09-2011, 11:59 AM   #175 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Never saw such a clean graph Andrew, no use in double checking, you really can believe me. If there would be the slightest need to check your extremely clean result, I'd better start doubting the whole tacho software, lol. But perhaps you had a particular reason to ask though, any suspicion or a second thought on your part that I missed ? I didn't read your video progress report, to be honest.
Old 12-09-2011, 12:49 PM   #176 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I asked, because the result in the video progress report was prior to the change, and I had never tached it.

Gaz asked me what HS I was running, and I didn't know, so I tried to create a file from the audio of the video and tached that with heliport, but of course it is possible messing with the file might have caused an issue and I got it wrong.

I wanted to compare before to after so to speak. The one above is a flight and recording made this afternoon, and I know the speed will be right from that one Raf. Indeed I actually posted it because of the very clean nature of the graph. I actually thought that had some interest in its own right, which is why I posted. Certainly not questioning HeliPort on this one, lol.

It is simply that I have no HeliPort graph from before the change, and confirmation by someone of the audio at around 1:07, by you if possible, if you have time, would by great.

Cheers

Sutty
Old 12-09-2011, 01:01 PM   #177 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by sutty View Post
I asked, because the result in the video progress report was prior to the change, and I had never tached it.

Gaz asked me what HS I was running, and I didn't know, so I tried to create a file from the audio of the video and tached that with heliport, but of course it is possible messing with the file might have caused an issue and I got it wrong.

I wanted to compare before to after so to speak. The one above is a flight and recording made this afternoon, and I know the speed will be right from that one Raf. Indeed I actually posted it because of the very clean nature of the graph. I actually thought that had some interest in its own right, which is why I posted. Certainly not questioning HeliPort on this one, lol.

It is simply that I have no HeliPort graph from before the change, and confirmation by someone of the audio at around 1:07, by you if possible, if you have time, would by great.

Cheers

Sutty
OK, I understand now Andrew. Didn't know about the "before" and "after" changes part. Fair enough, but gimme a bit of time. CU later buddy.
Old 12-09-2011, 01:36 PM   #178 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Good stuff Raf, thanks. No rush, so whenever you have a mo. Off out for a beer now, so won't be checking in for some time.

Cheers

Sutty
Old 08-07-2012, 07:59 AM   #179 (permalink)
Registered Users

Question Heliport Tachometer

Hello. Need help please. Is it possible to get accurate reading even if the video has lots of background noise? How can I know my RPM on this video?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4Ht8rLu8uo[/ame]
Arey26 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-08-2012, 03:10 AM   #180 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arey26 View Post
Hello. Need help please. Is it possible to get accurate reading even if the video has lots of background noise? How can I know my RPM on this video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4Ht8rLu8uo
You can only know if the audio quality is high enough by trying it: extract the audio part with a software tool (Music Editor Free or so), like has been done before in this thread, convert it to a WAV file and feed this into HeliPort. Or analyse the audio part with Audacity. I'd do it for you, but time is a big problem for me now, I'm very sorry. Easier is to do a new flight, and record with HeliPort at once using a laptop for example. Succes !

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in