Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 450X

Blade 450X Blade 450X Helicopters Information and Help

Like Tree36Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2012, 05:57 AM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

You might want to take a peak at this thread. I don't know if your information is completely correct based on what Horizon is saying. I haven't tried doing anything with it yet but they have stated that:
  • The microbest USB donggle can be used to update the AR7200BX
  • The helicopter specific settings can be removed or loaded into the unit
  • The AR7200BX is running the same core v3 software as the microbeast
Give them a litte time...I'm sure it will happen shortly.....

Here is the link: https://www.helifreak.com/showthread...=390250&page=9

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadco View Post
Be prepared to be disappointed.

As it stands the Beastx usb interface lacks the software to allow you to access the AR7200BX.

Maybe sometime in the future Spek will release micro setting sw for the AR7200BX but as of now there isn't any. The micro beast sw is not compatible.
mtuccio is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2012, 09:04 AM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Well 2 packs and still in one piece. Being a newbie I was very impressed with the stability. You don't have to constantly move the cyclic, Hovers real nice. It would be hard to describe the difference between the feeling of control between X and 3D. It is very precise and instant using stock servos. I think I am going to change the throttle curve on DX8 to maby 80% in pos 1 and 100% in pos 2 maybe get 5 min flt time. Could someone explain to me about the 85 setting in D/R and expo on Elev and Ail position 2. If I was just buying I would defiantly go with the X.
Ken125 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2012, 09:40 AM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Programmed the dx6i, two more weeks to payday!.....
jimmanyk is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2012, 10:29 AM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtuccio View Post
You might want to take a peak at this thread. I don't know if your information is completely correct based on what Horizon is saying. I haven't tried doing anything with it yet but they have stated that:
  • The microbest USB donggle can be used to update the AR7200BX
  • The helicopter specific settings can be removed or loaded into the unit
  • The AR7200BX is running the same core v3 software as the microbeast
Give them a litte time...I'm sure it will happen shortly.....

Here is the link: https://www.helifreak.com/showthread...=390250&page=9

I see nothing in that thread that would make anything I said incorrect.

The beastx usb interface does not include software that works with the AR7200BX.

Try loading the Beastx micro setting software and it does not work, it error out and says wrong hardware version.

Software from Spektrum to access the AR7200BX for micro settings or fw updates is not available.

Yes I have read where they says what you can do with the software but the software is not available, there aren't any fw updates.

There is no "open stock" firmware available.

There aren't any firmware updates available. I wish there were, it would be nice to be able to over ride Spektrums choice to include useless failsafe behavior with the AR7200BX making it very difficult to program other speed controllers without having to use a separate rx or power supply to the AR7200BX.

With that said it is a nice unit I have 2. Programming with the TX once you have gone thru it a few times is intuitive.

One of the best things you can do is download the beastx manual which is a lot more thorough and makes understanding how to completely setup the unit a lot easier.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:33 AM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi everyone,

I am very excited to hear that people are enjoying their Blade 450 X. I am very happy with the performance that it offers.

I just wanted to make a few comments...

Be careful when choosing your blades. There ARE differences between blades that can and will affect the performance of the AR7200BX. I noticed that the Align blades are 18 gr. This is on the light side and I'm willing to bet that their lead angle is aggressive. This does not mean that these blades won't work on the Blade 450 X, BUT you will need and should adjust a few things on the AR7200BX. When dealing with blades that are very light and aggressive, you will probably have to reduce dial 1 to avoid oscillations and 'overshoot'. Consequently, if you reduce dial 1, you may need to adjust dial 2 to maintain the feel (which way, depends on the blades).

M
MikelG is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2012, 11:54 AM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

+1 on what M says in this post. If you don't have knowledge on the BeastX and understand how the dial settings effect the helicopter performance I recommend that you stick with the stock blades. Many people on the forum have been using the BeastX for quite a while so we understand how the pots interact with the helicopter. If you don't understand this then I don't recommend that you just start changing blades around on this machine. It flies great out of the box and I plan on putting the stock blades back on it once I can dress them up to get the visibility I need for my flying area....

Hope this helps....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikelG View Post
Hi everyone,

I am very excited to hear that people are enjoying their Blade 450 X. I am very happy with the performance that it offers.

I just wanted to make a few comments...

Be careful when choosing your blades. There ARE differences between blades that can and will affect the performance of the AR7200BX. I noticed that the Align blades are 18 gr. This is on the light side and I'm willing to bet that their lead angle is aggressive. This does not mean that these blades won't work on the Blade 450 X, BUT you will need and should adjust a few things on the AR7200BX. When dealing with blades that are very light and aggressive, you will probably have to reduce dial 1 to avoid oscillations and 'overshoot'. Consequently, if you reduce dial 1, you may need to adjust dial 2 to maintain the feel (which way, depends on the blades).

M
mtuccio is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2012, 02:08 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtuccio View Post
+1 on what M says in this post. If you don't have knowledge on the BeastX and understand how the dial settings effect the helicopter performance I recommend that you stick with the stock blades. Many people on the forum have been using the BeastX for quite a while so we understand how the pots interact with the helicopter. If you don't understand this then I don't recommend that you just start changing blades around on this machine. It flies great out of the box and I plan on putting the stock blades back on it once I can dress them up to get the visibility I need for my flying area....

Hope this helps....
Yes it does help very much and I appreciate your advice.
Getting ready to call Ampdraw and check on my order..
DrummerForJesus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-2012, 10:00 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just ordered my 450x. It's amazing how a few margaritas can get you go do things you've been holding back on.
JR X9503 2.4Ghz Turnigy 9X with Dragonlink
Manzooka is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2012, 07:00 AM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

Unpacked it - drool drool. (yesterday)
semi inspected it & instructions - this thing is going to be an animal! ?. Need to re-read The instructions especially ar7200bx.
Test flight tomorrow!
Old 03-23-2012, 09:16 PM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

Why is this thread in the 450 3D forum?
Napoleon_Tanerite is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2012, 10:07 PM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon_Tanerite View Post
It's not...it's in the Blade 450 forum.
Being is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2012, 10:14 PM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon_Tanerite View Post
Because it originated here before there was a Blade 450X section. I'll request that it be moved. I'd prefer that to starting a new thread in the 450X forum as there's already some interesting info in this thread.
JR X9503 2.4Ghz Turnigy 9X with Dragonlink
Manzooka is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2012, 10:33 PM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

Flew 6 batteries today, 7 yesterday all great. I really think I may have to get a spare X and retire the 3d's. The neighbors like the 450x and are impressed by it's...ability to change directions fairly quickly.

The only thing I would like to change is to speed up aileron response. Anyone else notice it's slightly slower than elevator? Maybe it's just me. Anyone else notice the servos seem to get a bit warm when exercising them. I assume the additional stress of the 440 is the cause as both my 3D versions run cooler.

Rain forecast for the weekend so the fun will end, if they are right, back to the room..phooey.
Old 03-23-2012, 10:37 PM   #54 (permalink)
Bri
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Being View Post
It's not...it's in the Blade 450 forum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manzooka View Post
Because it originated here before there was a Blade 450X section. I'll request that it be moved. I'd prefer that to starting a new thread in the 450X forum as there's already some interesting info in this thread.
Thread has been moved, as requested and appropriate, with a 1 week re-direct for those members who are keeping up with it.

Cheers guys and happy landings,

Brian
-HF Support

T-Rex 700F3C / T-Rex 450 Pro / Blade mCPX / Blade mSR / Blade mCX / Walkera 53Q3
JR X9503 /
Spektrum DX7
Phoenix Sim
Bri is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-24-2012, 08:25 AM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

Gave it a test fly - yep a bit of an animal.
need/want to :-
level swash - heli wants to fly forward
calm down cyclic - big paws & small movements......
Reduce collective ? - my other helis are setup by feel at the transmitter end, 8 to 9 deg. may be?.

On unpacking inspection only quick checked for Zero at center stick.

Came back with nominal wear - not even run in!
Old 03-24-2012, 12:19 PM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

Today I spray painted every white part, black; including the main gear
BigEast is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-24-2012, 01:03 PM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

Did the bench setup, took about 3 hours, went all around the houses twice and I think I'm back where it started! ?. At least I know for next test flight.
Old 03-24-2012, 03:03 PM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigEast View Post
Today I spray painted every white part, black; including the main gear
Black would make it impossible for me to fly it. I usually go with orange!
InFocus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-24-2012, 05:48 PM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

5 flights up at a new RC club. Some inverted flight with piros and some stalls. Had a great time, awesome little heli.

Team Scorpion
Gawl is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-24-2012, 06:55 PM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

Took mine out and did the maiden flight on it. Blade tracking was dead on and the head wobble at spin-up pretty much disappeared. Wind was pretty gusting today. I'd say around 10 mph winds with gusts every few minutes up to around 20-mph. Same conditions that I crashed in last time. So in an attempt to fly more build less, I just practiced orientation hovers and slow stable forward flight.

It is pretty damn hard to hold this thing in place with the wind gusting. At least for my skill level

Need to get a few more battery packs and a decent dual-channel field charger now.
Kumba is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in